PDA

View Full Version : Status of SEDIV

Butch Kummer
01-23-2006, 12:07 PM
THE END OF THE WORLD IS HERE!!!!

The division has been split not into two divisions, but FOUR - Florida, North Carolina, Georgia and everybody else! Barry Hair was hung in effigy (at least I THINK that was a dummy), the Jekyll Island Club was burned to the ground and anarchy reigns! The Georgia National Guard was called out to restore order and the entire 2006 racing season was cancelled!

But seriously. folks :D ...

The "secret" Friday night meeting went off as advertised - simply a "let's get to know each other and talk about things facing our division" session. The REs, Directors (yes, both Kaye and KP attended) and invited guests introduced themselves and talked about the issues each are facing. No motions were made and no votes were taken, but some folks did take the time to give background on some of the items on the agenda for Sunday's RE meeting.

To me, the Friday night meeting helped create an atmosphere of communication and cooperation that will enable the RE's to make better decisions in the future. Apparently others in attendance agreed as the RE's voted during the closed session on Sunday morning (as Martin pointed out last week, it's interesting the furor that was created about this meeting when the ECR Committee, SARRC Committee, Stewards and RE's ALL have closed meetings during the Jekyll weekend - why no bitching about those?!?) to continue these Friday night meetings at both Jekyll AND the Mid-year meetings in the future. It's scary what can happen when the leadership of SEDIV actually talks among themselves!

I'm not sure if MattBerg was in attendance this weekend or not. I don't know what he looks like, so all I can say is I never saw anyone with his nametag and, contrary to predictions, there was no "calling out" of ANYONE at the general meeting Saturday afternoon. Perhaps his flight into Jacksonville was delayed.

Notes I made from the weekend that affect IT:
- changes to the ECR Series that I covered elsewhere (two doubles, count best six races, looking at an "SIC-type event" to close the season)
- the March National at Road Atlanta will be a Double Pro-IT weekend (Sandy will be posting the entire Pro-IT schedule soon)
- the Alabama Region Double SARRC (July 8,9) at Roebling was granted another one-year waiver for 2006. It is anticipated the event WILL return to Barber for 2007.
- Atlanta Region's Labor Day event (Double SARRC / Pro-IT) will be a two-day event (Sat/Sun) at the Nashville SuperSpeedway

The Labor Day Nashville SuperSpeedway event will indeed be a collaborative effort among a number of regions. Pending track approval by Topeka (which should not be a problem, we just need to obtain it), the Atlanta, Chattanooga, Tennessee, Tennessee Valley and Alabama Regions will ALL provide expertise and manpower to help make the event a success. There will be test day on Friday, racing on Saturday and Sunday, then we'll have Monday as a travel day (or a chance to sight-see in The Music City). Again, it's amazing what can happen when regions actually communicate and work together.

Finally I'd like to apologize to this Forum for losing my temper last week. I do this not from any fear of retribution from Topeka or anyone else, but simply because it's better to work WITH people than get into a shouting match. Some people are simply not worth working with, however, so I will no longer waste my time nor yours trying to do so.

Thanks...

Butch Kummer
Atlanta Region

wbp
01-23-2006, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the report Butch.
Good things can come from collabortive effort between regions. Our strong SE Divisional programs are evidence of that.
And it is so good to see our large neighbor, Atlanta Region, willing to take the lead in putting on fine events at new venues in cooperation with it's smaller neighbors.

JeffYoung
01-23-2006, 03:04 PM
Excellent. Look forward to going back to Barber in 07. MOST OF US appreciate the hard work you guys do.

Catch22
01-23-2006, 04:12 PM
I don't trust him.

Obviously this whole Labor Day thing is a clever cover-up. The Atlanta, Alabama, Chatt, and TVR regions are obviously getting ready to seceed from the SEDIV Union.
And this Butch fellow will be right up front on his (rather large) white, firesnorting horse. Waving some sort of red flag with a corvette looking symbol thingy on it. Barry is currently in his bunker in an undisclosed location.
You guys can't fool me!
Regions working together?
Civil meetings that accomplish goals?
ECR changes that the drivers asked for?

BAH!!!
All of that PROVES you are lying!!! That stuff could never actually happen in the SCCA.

The end is nigh!!!
Sell your race cars to NASA folks and learn to play golf!

<sarcasm off>

Sounds like one of the most productive Jekyll&#39;s in recent memory Butch. Great news. I&#39;m all fired up about my first race of the year, that double ECR at VIR.
I wish it was this weekend.

charrbq
01-23-2006, 09:27 PM
I suppose it was just as we all suspected...all smoke and mirrors sprinkled with a ton of hot air. Good job, guys. :023:

tom_sprecher
01-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Not only is he diligently fighting for what is good and decent for the SCCA but by receiving the Robert W Clark Award it is acknowledged that this man has shown spirit for the SCCA in participation, dedication and service to the SEDiv. I was glad he finally was able to accept the award this past weekend even though he actually was awarded it back in 2000.

Congratulations, Butch Krummer

Butch Kummer
01-24-2006, 02:43 PM
Funny, funny man Mr. Stretcher. And you want me to be your instructor at Roebling next weekend? Do they even HAVE negative numbers on the ratings? :D

I&#39;ve certainly been called much worse...

Bruce Kramer

tom_sprecher
01-24-2006, 02:56 PM
Dear Mr. Kramer,

I want to take this opportunity to apologize for my oversight and subsequent misspelling of your name. I certainly hope you were not offended and it does not detract from all you deserve on the occasion of your award.

On behalf of everyone who will be present I can say that your presence at driver’s school is high on our wish list and sincerely hope that my previous indiscretion will not influence your decision.

After all, it’s not like your name was misspelled on the award or anything like that.

benspeed
01-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Just holding my breath waiting for the Mattberg rant - they are always classic and highly amusing. (He can write) :014:

Anubis
01-24-2006, 07:43 PM
If you want to see consistant name butchering look no further then Chris Ingle, driver of a T1 C5Z06. His last name gets butchered more often then the amount of times Mattberg rants.

Mr Krummer, I like the ring to that!

wtknght1
01-25-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Anubis@Jan 24 2006, 07:43 PM
If you want to see consistant name butchering look no further then Chris Ingle, driver of a T1 C5Z06. His last name gets butchered more often then the amount of times Mattberg rants.

Mr Krummer, I like the ring to that!

Hey Lance, don&#39;t forget the first name screw ups too...in 2003 (I think), I suddenly became Jason during the middle of the Speed Channel telecast. "Remember folks, don&#39;t try this at home...we are trained professionals?????" :P

Anubis
01-25-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by wtknght1@Jan 25 2006, 02:10 PM
Hey Lance, don&#39;t forget the first name screw ups too...in 2003 (I think), I suddenly became Jason during the middle of the Speed Channel telecast. "Remember folks, don&#39;t try this at home...we are trained professionals?????" :P

Yeah it was, I mean you so look like a Jason. That&#39;s ok, Krummer got at least 3 other last name butcherings and a couple of first name butcherings to go before he can reach your level. Now level of what is another question I&#39;ll y&#39;all to figure out. :D

DavidM
01-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Noticed your sig Lance. Do you have XM satellite radio? If not, you should get it and listen to channel 48, Squizz. It&#39;s about the only radio I listen to now (I listen to Buzz when I&#39;m not in the car with the satellite reciever, but it&#39;s not even close to the same). They did a Dimebag tribute on the 8th.

David

Anubis
01-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Unfortunetly I don&#39;t have XM..... the Dimebag tribute would have been sweet to listen too. How heavy does Squizz go? I tend to have a wide range of tastes(country is a notable exception) but love listening to anything heavy. I typically listen to Buzz but tend to swap stations a good bit otherwise I listen to CD&#39;s. If you like thrash metal check out Thine Eyes Bleed, some good stuff.

DavidM
01-26-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Anubis@Jan 25 2006, 08:54 PM
Unfortunetly I don&#39;t have XM..... the Dimebag tribute would have been sweet to listen too. How heavy does Squizz go? I tend to have a wide range of tastes(country is a notable exception) but love listening to anything heavy. I typically listen to Buzz but tend to swap stations a good bit otherwise I listen to CD&#39;s. If you like thrash metal check out Thine Eyes Bleed, some good stuff.

Squizz plays a pretty good variety. They mainly play newer what I would call hard rock/metal stuff like Godsmack, Disturbed, Static X, Korn, Sevendust, etc.. They mix in enough old school music like Slayer, Pantera, Prong, and so on to keep it interesting. They play a pretty good amount of stuff from less known bands as well. They don&#39;t venture into thrash too much, though I think I might have heard a song from Thine Eyes Bleed. They&#39;ve started a show on Wed at 10pm called The f&#39;ing Metal Show (it&#39;s pay radio so they cuss as much as they want) where they&#39;ve been playing heavier music. Look me up at the Feb SARRC and you can have a listen if you want.

David