PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a stock air box and fan shroud?

01-21-2006, 12:42 PM
I'm looking for some stock parts from a 2nd gen RX-7. I actually need a fan relay, a shroud, and a stock airbox (without the snorkel).

Please let me know if you have these things laying around and would consider "parting" with them.

Steve Smyczek

C. Ludwig
01-21-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Newbie@Jan 21 2006, 12:42 PM
I'm looking for some stock parts from a 2nd gen RX-7. I actually need a fan relay, a shroud, and a stock airbox (without the snorkel).

Please let me know if you have these things laying around and would consider "parting" with them.

Steve Smyczek

I&#39;ve got a stack of fan shrouds. Send me your address. cludwig2<at>insightbb.com

Eagle7
01-21-2006, 06:20 PM
I&#39;ve got the shroud and air box. The air box has a chip out of the lip on the upper half (upstream of the filter). You could leave it open or tape it up.
mdoane at i2k dot com

jeremy
01-21-2006, 10:58 PM
i also have a stock airbox, drop in k&n, and fan shroud. :023:

Chris Wire
01-22-2006, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by jeremy@Jan 21 2006, 09:58 PM
i also have a stock airbox, drop in k&n, and fan shroud. :023:

Ditto here minus the K&N. :)

01-23-2006, 10:04 AM
Thanks Guys.

By the way, email me if you want to see my project....ssmycz at execpc dot com

I needed the frame straightened, and as long as it was in the shop, might as well get new fenders. As long as I needed to paint, might as well put on the aluminum hood I bought last year for $100. Cheap because it was in a hail storm but the flat black primer really covered it up well. As long as I needed body work, might as well take care of the rear too. Since I&#39;m going this far, might as well change the whole paint scheme. Oh yea, since there is a welder, plasma cutter, etc. there, might as well clean up the airflow in the front end, and if you do that, might as well take the speedsource strut bar and mount it to the top of the shock towers, not the front of the housings.

Anybody with kids read "if you give a pig a pancake"???

It is now straight, will cool better, and possibly be a bit stiffer in the front. I hope I make it a few races before the inevitable happens.

Steve

ddewhurst
01-23-2006, 02:04 PM
***I hope I make it a few races before the inevitable happens.***

***I needed the frame straightened***

***might as well get new fenders***

***might as well put on the aluminum hood***

***As long as I needed body work, might as well take care of the rear too.***

***Oh yea, since there is a welder, plasma cutter, etc. there, might as well clean up the airflow in the front end***

***and if you do that, might as well take the speedsource strut bar and mount it to the top of the shock towers***

Steve, it sounds like the inevitable HAPPENED. :blink: