PDA

View Full Version : March VIR ECR

Catch22
01-18-2006, 11:42 PM
The March VIR ECR race is still listed as a double on the schedule, but is also still listed as "tentative."

Since that race is in about 2 months, I'm sure somebody actually knows whats up. We're trying to make our schedule, and 2 races vs. 1 definately effects the decision to make the long trip.

Anybody?

iambhooper
01-19-2006, 07:22 AM
Scott,

As of last weekend (when the region had it's anual meeting and banquet) it was still tentative. The anual SE meeting is this weekend, and I 'm sure we will no more n the next week.

We are debating on running a partial ECR schedule again this year. It's nice to get the extended track time, but wear on the car and the reduced ITC turnout compared to the SARRC's have me waivering.

hoop

Hracer
01-20-2006, 01:37 AM
Comon Scott, you know you want to run the VIR ECR in March. ;)

Racerboy03
01-20-2006, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Hracer@Jan 20 2006, 05:37 AM

Alex,

You doing the sprint races too? You know you want to run the sprint races! :P

-Mark

Catch22
01-20-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Hracer@Jan 20 2006, 01:37 AM

Yeah, we really do.
But its a VERY long trip for me and an even longer one for Christian, so it makes the decision ALOT easier if its a double.

You driving with Walt or Dad?

latebrake
01-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Its 70 degrees and sunny in Danville,Va. today. 10 miles for VIR may 8. :D

Lawrence

Hracer
01-20-2006, 06:17 PM
With dad, and I'm shooting for running the sprint race, too. Can't wait. The ECR should be good! Phat S will be there as will this one fast miata.

Catch22
01-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Yeah, just got finished talking to Karl.
Looks like Shipp and I will need to make this trip. Thats just too much good competition to pass up.

I'll bet we could even talk the Rucks into coming over. Especially if we call them names and insult their manhood B)

Butch Kummer
01-22-2006, 10:58 PM
From Jekyll this weekend:

The Double ECR at VIR was approved, plus a double was approved for Homestead later in the year (the extremes of the Division). The SEDIV calendar will be updated soon to reflect this, but the Homestead event will be marked tentative only because they (Florida Region) need to get approval from the track.

Pack your bags, Scott.

Other ECR change is that only the best six (6) events will count toward the championship. There was also discussion about an SIC-type event to determine the championship (best six plus a double points event to end the year) but that will probably not happen until 2007.

No confrontations nor calls to the constabulary over the weekend. If MattBerg was there I never saw him.

Butch Kummer

Catch22
01-22-2006, 11:31 PM
All of this is excellent news!!!

Christian and I will be at VIR and barring any unforseen issues will get in our 6 races.

Gee... I've always heard SCCA didn't listen to the racers. This looks a whole lot like what a bunch of us have been asking for :smilie_pokal:

Phat-S
01-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Butch Kummer@Jan 23 2006, 02:58 AM
From Jekyll this weekend:

The Double ECR at VIR was approved, plus a double was approved for Homestead later in the year (the extremes of the Division). The SEDIV calendar will be updated soon to reflect this, but the Homestead event will be marked tentative only because they (Florida Region) need to get approval from the track.

That's cool. If this info is out there and I missed it, appologies for the repetition.
Q: In 2002 when we ran a double ECR weekend at VIR, one (Sat IIRC) was 1.5 hours and the other (Sunday's) was 2.5 hours long. Do you know if they will be doing something similar at March Memories as well?

Harry and I will be there and I am looking forward to running an ECR w/ you crazies again. I am not sure about doing both ECRs that weekend but if the finances are there, count me in twice.

BTW, anyone else plan on camping?

RacerBowie
01-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Phat-S@Jan 25 2006, 12:32 PM
That's cool. If this info is out there and I missed it, appologies for the repetition.
Q: In 2002 when we ran a double ECR weekend at VIR, one (Sat IIRC) was 1.5 hours and the other (Sunday's) was 2.5 hours long. Do you know if they will be doing something similar at March Memories as well?

Harry and I will be there and I am looking forward to running an ECR w/ you crazies again. I am not sure about doing both ECRs that weekend but if the finances are there, count me in twice.

BTW, anyone else plan on camping?

OOOO a longer race would be awesome! Sign me up for that!

We are not camping, but we are bringing a keg and the grill and spending saturday night at the lodge, so we will be partying on site with you guys.

Catch22
01-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Christian and I are at the Lodge as well.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this one. I don't know about that longer race though, my rookie co-driver will already be in sensory overload as it is :rolleyes:

R2 Racing
01-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Catch22@Jan 20 2006, 08:58 PM
I'll bet we could even talk the Rucks into coming over. Especially if we call them names and insult their manhood B)

I wish this topic would've come up about a month ago before I planned my vacation over that weekend. :( Otherwise I would've been there for sure, exploiting the added weight you guys have and kicking all of your asses. :smilie_pokal:

I could make the May SARRC/MARRS double if anyone wants to race that weekend.

Xian
01-25-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Catch22@Jan 25 2006, 03:21 PM
Christian and I are at the Lodge as well.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this one. I don't know about that longer race though, my rookie co-driver will already be in sensory overload as it is :rolleyes:

Yep, even got a Jacuzzi tub to relax in with the umbella girls :023:

Come on Scott, be honest. Do you think I'd notice an extra hour of racing? :P Either way 1.5 hours or 2.5 hours, it'll be a blast!

Christian

Catch22
01-25-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Xian@Jan 25 2006, 10:35 PM
Come on Scott, be honest. Do you think I'd notice an extra hour of racing? :P

I honestly think you'll be done noticing things by Saturday evening.

First race
First time at VIR
Double ECR

You likely won't even know what happened until you are driving home :unsure:

Racing = awesome

Hracer
01-25-2006, 11:57 PM
When someone knows if there will be a 2.5 hour race, too, please share the info. Since some may choose to run only one of the two ECR, we need to at least make sure everyone is registered for the same one. Is there actually a schedule out this early by any chance? Probably not, but thought I'd ask.

Catch22
01-26-2006, 12:32 AM
Nah. I don't expect to know until next month sometime.

But its a 10+ hour trip for both Christian and I, so we're doing both races regardless.

RacerBowie
01-26-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Hracer@Jan 25 2006, 11:57 PM
When someone knows if there will be a 2.5 hour race, too, please share the info. Since some may choose to run only one of the two ECR, we need to at least make sure everyone is registered for the same one. Is there actually a schedule out this early by any chance? Probably not, but thought I'd ask.

Karl and I will be doing both races as well.

Xian
01-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Catch22@Jan 25 2006, 11:32 PM
Nah. I don't expect to know until next month sometime.

But its a 10+ hour trip for both Christian and I, so we're doing both races regardless.

Yep. If I'm driving 10 hours, I'm going to squeeze in as much track time as possible. :023:

Phat-S
02-05-2006, 12:16 AM
Harry and I will be there and I am looking forward to running an ECR w/ you crazies again.
[/b]

Well, we are now ballasted up and rearing to go. I am really interested in how similar or different the car will be with the extra lead (hedging it will not be a real noticable difference). We are both looking forward to it guys. I am sure the dog is looking forward to it too, she just doesn't know it yet ;)

mattjeffitc
02-14-2006, 09:42 PM
Hey Adam, is Walt going to be codriving with you? I just finished up the double school at Roebling. So Matt and I will be teaming up for both ECR's next month. This should be a big learning curve for me, first race, at VIR, double enduro. See you there.

Hooper, watch out. We'll be gunnin' for ya.

Jeff :119:

Phat-S
02-15-2006, 12:21 AM
Cool JJ, will look forward to seeing you in an IT car that weekend and congrats on the novice permit.

Actually, Harry "Seņor" Puckett and I are co-driving in the March Memories ECR. We are actually going to run test day this Friday to see what a couple hundred extra pounds does to a CRX :)

mattjeffitc
02-17-2006, 12:00 AM
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN. Both ECR's will be 1.5 hrs with practice and qualifying on Saturday.

I've seen alot of faces over the years at the track, now I'll see you on it. :eclipsee_steering:
Who's going now? :023:

iambhooper
02-19-2006, 10:32 PM
Jeff, congrats on your permit! You will have fun at VIR during the ECR... even with 89 other cars o the track at the same time! :D (My father told me that NASA had a dual start, today, with their 3 hour enduro and sprint race at the same time... 119 cars on the track!.... yuck!)

Anyway, I'll see you guys there. I'm not running the ECR schedule this year (i'm just not able to get the 4-5 races in that i want to), and I may or may not run at VIR this month... there's a double SARRC at CMP the 1st weekend it April. That and the double in May would give me the 5 race's that I want to through at the points race.

It all depends on the bad word.... budget.

hoop

iambhooper
03-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Hey Adam, is Walt going to be codriving with you? I just finished up the double school at Roebling. So Matt and I will be teaming up for both ECR's next month. This should be a big learning curve for me, first race, at VIR, double enduro. See you there.

Hooper, watch out. We'll be gunnin' for ya.

Jeff :119:
[/b]

Jeff, As a follow up... we have decided to do the Double ECR. So, we will see you there. Are you guys doing the test day? My work schedule is going to be crazy that week, but if I can, I plan to run friday as well.

We are looking forward to the double, and the way the schedule is set up, there want be a lot of "down time" between races.

As for the track, the best piece of advice that I can give you is to not follow to close :smilie_pokal:

hoop