PDA

View Full Version : Help with VIR

RR
01-15-2006, 11:46 AM
im planning to race at VIR this march. havent been there before, was wondering what the top speeds are on the straights? This would be for a good ITS car. Thanks

JeffYoung
01-16-2006, 10:10 PM
If I answer this, I will disclose embarassing information about my inability to go fast at VIR.

dspillrat
01-16-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by RR@Jan 15 2006, 03:46 PM
im planning to race at VIR this march. havent been there before, was wondering what the top speeds are on the straights? This would be for a good ITS car. Thanks

HI RR, B)
Depends.....But official PNFootcbs #s are as follows
Tangerine/red/white/blue 325s....135
Blue/green/purple RX7s............129
Red/silver Zs...........................127
V_8 Brits..4L V8 @2400*...should be a ton

Ball park, but I'd bet pretty close....100% disclosure would be doubtful for obvious reasons. :unsure:

David Spillman
240z Dinosaur.....Haulassasauras

JeffYoung
01-16-2006, 11:34 PM
Hey! It's 3.5 liters and it turns 2800 RPM......

David, you going to make VIR in March? I might be out, have to be in Austin that week, but definitely May. I still owe you that rear end cradle.....

dspillrat
01-17-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by JeffYoung@Jan 17 2006, 03:34 AM
Hey! It's 3.5 liters and it turns 2800 RPM......

David, you going to make VIR in March?

Jeff,
Should be there .
May bring my sons abandoned ITC Civic out to play.

The Z has2 blown shocks and missing some MOJO.

david

slickS14
01-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Hey David, I still have your jack that I borrowed at Road Atlanta at the ARRC...You took off out of there so fast..what happened? Will you be in Atlanta at the end of Feb? If not just call me at 404-314-5042 and we'll hook up. Chris

dspillrat
01-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by slickS14@Jan 17 2006, 01:22 PM
Hey David, I still have your jack that I borrowed at Road Atlanta at the ARRC...You took off out of there so fast..what happened? Will you be in Atlanta at the end of Feb? If not just call me at 404-314-5042 and we'll hook up. Chris

Hi Chris,
No rush on the jack, I picked up several of those $69/$79 jacks last year...Back savers!!! I plan on being at road atlanta some way or the other next month, we'll hook up there.
I knew you would need the jack for the next day at Atlanta.
A missing 5 cent c-clip left me stranded in 3rd gear at the start of the ARRC race. Amazing what can trip a racer up.....the clip held a pin on top of the tranny that holds the shifter fulcrum point stationary, never heard of this falling off before. I more then likely forgot to replace during rebuild.....Will be one more thing to double check between races.

Running the ECR?

David Spillman

slickS14
01-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by dspillrat@Jan 17 2006, 02:52 PM
Hi Chris,
No rush on the jack, I picked up several of those $69/$79 jacks last year...Back savers!!! I plan on being at road atlanta some way or the other next month, we'll hook up there.
I knew you would need the jack for the next day at Atlanta.
A missing 5 cent c-clip left me stranded in 3rd gear at the start of the ARRC race. Amazing what can trip a racer up.....the clip held a pin on top of the tranny that holds the shifter fulcrum point stationary, never heard of this falling off before. I more then likely forgot to replace during rebuild.....Will be one more thing to double check between races.

Running the ECR?

David Spillman

Thanks for the consideration of loaning the jack to me after mine failed... I had a front hub fail about 30 minutes in the ECR so I too went home wounded. It was also one of those pieces that gets replaced each year, just one too many races on it last season I guess. Pretty rare for us but it happens to everybody eventually. Got all new everything this winter so I guess I'm ready , I'm probably running the ECR and the SARRC races. See you there.

seckerich
01-17-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by slickS14@Jan 17 2006, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the consideration of loaning the jack to me after mine failed... I had a front hub fail about 30 minutes in the ECR so I too went home wounded. It was also one of those pieces that gets replaced each year, just one too many races on it last season I guess. Pretty rare for us but it happens to everybody eventually. Got all new everything this winter so I guess I'm ready , I'm probably running the ECR and the SARRC races. See you there.

Glad to hear you kept the car and get to play again this year--should be a hoot!! And to the original question in this thread--The only limit is motor and gear--bring both.

slickS14
01-18-2006, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by seckerich@Jan 17 2006, 07:12 PM
Glad to hear you kept the car and get to play again this year--should be a hoot!! And to the original question in this thread--The only limit is motor and gear--bring both.

Steve - If watching your rear bumper each year is playing then I quit already! hahaha..Should be a fun year, I really enjoy racing with you guys, we've definately had some barn burners. Sorry to thread hijack but this will be my first year at VIR also.