PDA

View Full Version : atlanta febuary

dazzlesa
01-14-2006, 02:52 PM
for curiousity is anybody from up north going down to atlanta in febuary?

Racerboy03
01-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by dazzlesa@Jan 14 2006, 06:52 PM
for curiousity is anybody from up north going down to atlanta in febuary?

Rick, I should be there. It's only 3 hours for me from Charlotte, not 15 like most of y'all. :P

-Mark

Gregg
01-15-2006, 12:23 AM
Considering my Feb. trip to Atlanta last year started perhaps one of the most depressing and agonizing years in amateur motorsports :119: , I think I'll be staying home this year.

Good luck to all!

dazzlesa
01-15-2006, 10:31 AM
greg, now you have to expand. what happened in atlanta? i would love to go back to atlanta in febuary, but that drive is a bit rough. what do they get, 3 months of winter? no racing here until april. i am planning to go back to run with you guys for marrs 1.
hi Mark. you were selling your wheels and tires?????????????

JamesB
01-15-2006, 10:36 AM
It wasnt atlanta per se. But he had a rough year and his tub took the brunt of it.

Gregg
01-15-2006, 11:44 AM
Actually, James (and all), I might consider the following an omen: Leaving the house in the middle of the night and having a blinding snowstorm start 5min later
One practice session and boom....blown motor
(With stock motor put in thx to OPM :023: ) Off on the 1st lap at T6 and backwards into the cement barrier (might have been my driving, might have been my rear suspension that kept swapping between pos. & neg. camber)
The realization that when using a truck that gets 6-8mpg, it means a LOT of stops and a LOT of money to make such a long trip.
I blew my entire budget for the year driving to/from Atlanta, racing in Atlanta, replacing the car's motor in Atlanta, building a race motor after Atlanta, and fixing the tub after Atlanta.
The trip was made in order to get some seat time in in prep. for the ARRC. Notice I wasn't there this fall. :119:

I'll save the story of the rest of my season for another time. It's best that we all look forward and not back.

Racerboy03
01-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by dazzlesa@Jan 15 2006, 02:31 PM
greg, now you have to expand. what happened in atlanta? i would love to go back to atlanta in febuary, but that drive is a bit rough. what do they get, 3 months of winter? no racing here until april. i am planning to go back to run with you guys for marrs 1.
hi Mark. you were selling your wheels and tires?????????????

Hey Rick, I sold the wheels for some pimpy 15s that will be on there soon. Are you bringing your A or B car down to Atlanta?

Gregg,

After how your year went last year I must say you handled it very well. You showed some amazing speed, and it all came together for you at least once (the labor day race). After all that bad luck, I would have lost it, but you never did. Good luck next year, I will be at some of the Marrs races next year just not running ITA.

-Mark

dazzlesa
01-15-2006, 03:57 PM
if i can come up with a plan, it will be in the A car. i have no seat time in the other car.
regarding Greeg, wow! a lesser guy would have headed to the hills. stories like that make you wonder if those epic adventures to race are worth it. its one thing to drive 5 hours to encounter problems. its another to be 13 hours away.

EV
01-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Gregg@Jan 15 2006, 04:23 AM
Considering my Feb. trip to Atlanta last year started perhaps one of the most depressing and agonizing years in amateur motorsports :119: , I think I'll be staying home this year.

Good luck to all!

Gregg had a REALLY rough year. I even think he left some paint on one of the Glens blue bushes if I am not mistaken.

Hopefully he will have a better year...

JamesB
01-17-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Gregg@Jan 15 2006, 11:44 AM
stops and a LOT of money to make such a long trip.
I blew my entire budget for the year driving to/from Atlanta, racing in Atlanta, replacing the car's motor in Atlanta, building a race motor after Atlanta, and fixing the tub after Atlanta.
[/list]The trip was made in order to get some seat time in in prep. for the ARRC. Notice I wasn't there this fall. :119:

I'll save the story of the rest of my season for another time. It's best that we all look forward and not back.

OK you know I think I would have hung up my season at that point and gotten one more race in to keep my license. But I am somewhat supersticious and a weekend as bad as that would have my slowly planning my comeback.

zracre
01-17-2006, 11:48 AM
you are not a racer if you don't have some bad years...and come back for more :023: the good years far outweigh the bad ones!!! I hope to be there with my teg...if not I will be there in July...the motor is finally done and the proper gear and lsd are finally in!! and I'm dying to see what it can do at RA. I know im SE DIV but I grew up in MASS so maybe that qualifies me to post here :blink: it is also a 12-14 hour tow for me as well...but well worth it :smilie_pokal: