PDA

View Full Version : ITC...did i make a mistake??

flaboy
01-12-2006, 09:06 PM
I went to the Jan. sebring race to watch the itc race.I purchased an itc vw and am going to my 1st school in Feb.(jan school was cancelled) and saw 2 cars running the event.I know its been about 15 years or since i've raced itc,but where are all the cars?There used to be 10-15 itc cars at each race.

Should i sell the itc rabitt and goto itb or something else??

Please tell me this is not the norm for itc.At least in Florida.

thank you

Tim

Andy Bettencourt
01-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Averages for New England (approx):

ITS: 20-25
ITA: 20-25
ITB: 15-20
ITC: 5-8
SM: 20-25
SSM: 20-25 (A regional version of SM)

I think ITA is the hotest class out there followed closely by ITS...YMMV. "Mistake" is a strong word, but if it's car counts you are looking for, ITC is the last place you will find it - at least here in the Northeast. I would think sunny, drier climates would have slightly more.

AB

zracre
01-12-2006, 10:51 PM
the jan race was a national first and a regional second...there should be more in feb and march sarrc races

charrbq
01-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Tim, you won't see as many ITC cars as you do ITA or ITS, but there's still a bunch in SEDIV. At the Daytona enduro in May, you'll probably see 8-10, not near as many as ITA, but enough for a good race. Same thing for the SARRC races at Sebring and Atlanta. Since I started racing in the SEDIV, I've never raced against fewer than 5 and as many as 15. Again, not as many as ITA, but the competition is closer and frequently more intense than a lot of other classes. I've yet to see a race, where nothing went wrong, that there was anything but close racing in ITC. You'll enjoy it. If you seriously feel like you made a mistake, then maybe you should do a class change before you sink your money into something where you won't be happy. :)

flaboy
01-12-2006, 11:16 PM
evan

Great race on sunday.

I kinda of thought that.I'm going to try togo back to Sebring in Feb. if I get through my drivers school at Roebling with out problems.

Tim

flaboy
01-12-2006, 11:22 PM
Chris,

I think i'll stick with it for awhile in my beat up rabitt.Besides i don't have 20 grand for a sm.

Plus I'm tired of hearing about those damn hondas...you guys are to damn fast...atleast thats what i hear!!lol

I want to atleast try to keep up with you at daytona.

Tim

Catch22
01-12-2006, 11:28 PM
The ITC counts are down when they have to run with SM. Otherwise its usually anywhere from 5 to 15 cars in class.

The Daytona ECR and ARRC are the biggest.
The ARRC ITC race has been one of the best races of the weekend for the past few years.

gprodracer
01-13-2006, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by flaboy@Jan 12 2006, 11:22 PM
Chris,

I think i'll stick with it for awhile in my beat up rabitt.Besides i don't have 20 grand for a sm.

Plus I'm tired of hearing about those damn hondas...you guys are to damn fast...atleast thats what i hear!!lol

Tim

Tim,
Great to see you @ Sebring.. They are correct- the Jan race is usually a National only. There is much more participation @ the regionals. Besides..we used to race with the ITB cars most of the time anyway. Go kick some butt in ITC!!
Mark Larson
#83 G-Prod :023:

Mattberg
01-13-2006, 09:24 AM
If you're racing how could you have made a mistake! :023: :happy204:

Despr8dave
01-13-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Mattberg@Jan 13 2006, 01:24 PM
If you're racing how could you have made a mistake! :023: :happy204:

One of the best quotes I've ever read and now my new motto.
Thank you Mr Matt.

David

charrbq
01-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by flaboy@Jan 13 2006, 03:22 AM
Chris,

Tim

Keeping up with me at Daytona is fairly easy. My record is fairly mixed there, but I'm getting better. It'll be fun...always is. :023:

iambhooper
01-16-2006, 11:44 PM
not that the budget allows me to travel to florida to race, however the more the marrier. itc couild always use more competition, so welcome abord! i believe i would be beside myself with a 10 car field of C cars. the most i've ever seen on the registration at VIR has been 8, with maybe 5 of those showing up.

btw... missed you at the Go, Scott.