PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Pro-IT Rules Approved

Butch Kummer
01-11-2006, 12:54 PM
At last Monday night's Atlanta Region Board meeting the 2006 Pro-IT rules were approved. Sandy is in Florida keeping the Nissan running and I don't have an electronic version of the final rules (damn delete key), but I can summarize the changes from 2005:

1. ITC is added back into the mix (I personally campaigned for this so PLEASE don't let me down guys!).
2. SM stays in with the caveat that the slowest SMs get bounced first if the event is oversubscribed.
3. Entry fee matches the National entry fee (now $250) with $125 of that going to the prize fund (up from $185 and $80 in 2005).
4. Payback for each event is top three in each class, season payback stays at the top five (which also means only the top three must report to impound).
5. My proposed "Weight Rewards" (aka - the Chet Wittle rule) died an ugly & unlamented death (see Matt, we power-hungry, officious bureaucrats DO listen at times! :) ).

Full rules will be posted on the Atlanta Region website after Sandy gets back next week. We're exploring expanding the series to other regions/tracks, but nothing is settled yet.

First event is a SARRC/ECR/Pro-IT Feb. 25,26 at Road Atlanta (Supps are under final review and should be posted in a couple of weeks).

Butch Kummer
Atlanta Region Competition Director

crushed
01-11-2006, 01:01 PM
Cool, I'm happy :)

Should be a fun year, wonder what the increased prize $$ will do for the competition? I can't wait...

charrbq
01-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the post. My new computer wouldn't let me down load the "weight penalty" stuff, so I'm glad it wasn't added. lol Thank you for including ITC! I don't get to make all the races in SEDIV even though I'm a member, but I always wondered why they could have a class for a couple of trucks and no ITC...were we too slow? I'll do my best to make it to as many as I can. I'm sure there will be way more than two "C" cars running due to your and other's efforts.

Thanks. :D

Butch Kummer
01-11-2006, 04:33 PM
For two years running we had only one ITC car that ran Pro-IT, so we pulled them out because "keeping up with points and prize money for one car was a waste of time". It was (lack of) participation, not speed differential. Some folks told me the ITC guys stayed away from Pro-IT because they didn't like running with the ITS cars, but then we'd have 5-10 ITC cars in the ECR races so that didn't make sense. At any rate I personally made it a point to ask at the 2005 ARRC if ITC wanted back in and got a resounding "yes", so here you are.

"Some folks" were reluctant to change it back, but I pointed out that we only had two (2) IT Trucks running all of 2005 and therefore suggested we should drop ITT for 2006. "Some folks" immediately decided that bringing ITC back probably wasn't all that bad an idea :) !

BK

kthomas
01-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Too bad about the Wittel rule. I had a pool going on how much weight it was going to take. Now I have to give all the money back...

Catch22
01-12-2006, 12:15 AM
Thanks for the ITC campaign Butch.

I *was* going to run every proIT in 06, but then.... Well, look to your left at my Avatar.

The car had one unbent panel and the chassis was twisted. It was sold as parts.
Hopefully the other ITC guys will step as as they discussed at the ARRC. Looks like the payout could be big.

charrbq
01-12-2006, 12:56 AM
I don't have any problem running with ITS or ITA cars. I have mirrors and know how they operate. I would rather them than SM's or SRF's any day or night of the week. No offense, but they don't pass as cars racing, more like snow plows clearing the track for themselves.

Funny how the mood changed when you mentioned that only two trucks ran all year. Wonder who the proponents of the trucks were? hehehe

:023:

tom_sprecher
01-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Although I have yet to turn a single lap (excluding around the block) in my new car the prospect of winning more money helps offset the faint feeling I get as the same bleeds out of every pore getting the thing ready.

Not to change the subject but anybody know of some good radios for cheap? :119:

Sandy
01-22-2006, 09:46 PM
See Atlanta Region website for the 2006 rules.

Anubis
01-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Catch22@Jan 12 2006, 04:15 AM
I *was* going to run every proIT in 06, but then.... Well, look to your left at my Avatar.

You are stuck wearing the gas mask for the rest of the year? :D

zracre
01-25-2006, 12:58 AM
Damn...I was hoping for standing starts!

Anubis
01-25-2006, 11:12 AM
You can do a standing start if you like, I'm sure they'll accomodate you in the pit lane. :D