PDA

View Full Version : You gotta check this out...

Doc Bro
01-06-2006, 10:32 AM
This is worth the read.....interesting insight into what goes through the mind of a bathroom thinker!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Car-w-a-lit...1QQcmdZViewItem (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Car-w-a-little-aerodynamic-lift-compression-new-idea_W0QQitemZ4599702417QQcategoryZ6737QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem)

R

zracre
01-06-2006, 11:53 AM
nice...first he says he is not an engineer then he says he studies hydrodynamics...an ADD geek who thinks he has an idea that has already been researched by every auto manufacturer (and F1 team!)...I dont see how his invention will work in a 35 mph hydroplane...and if he did produce enough downforce you would probably get about 3MPG...didn't mitsubishi have active aeros for a while?? :119:

Racerlinn
01-06-2006, 05:09 PM
I don't know whether to bid on his Lady and the Tramp video or the Lion King video..... :P

Greg Amy
01-06-2006, 05:12 PM
A classic case of not seeing the forest for the trees... - GA

gsbaker
01-06-2006, 05:16 PM
One must applaud the enthusiasm, but as a business proposal it doesn't work.

Let's see, I invest $15K and, if everything works out, I get only 2% of the first million, which is $20K, with no mention of additional profits. And, of course, if everything doesn't work out, I'm out the $15K.

Forget the physics, I'll pass.

JohnRW
01-06-2006, 06:54 PM
His 'call for investors' is also a violation of Securities law.

Classic case of "Unskilled and Unaware":

http://www.apa.org/journals/features/psp7761121.pdf

Sorta sounds like the Prod site, huh ?

gsbaker
01-06-2006, 07:22 PM
John,

Classic. :)

lateapex911
01-07-2006, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by JohnRW@Jan 6 2006, 05:54 PM

Classic case of "Unskilled and Unaware":

http://www.apa.org/journals/features/psp7761121.pdf

Sorta sounds like the Prod site, huh ?

hee hee.... :happy204:

Marcus Miller
01-07-2006, 03:44 AM

ouch.

Marcus, who is an access employee, and subject to more crap that you could imagine...

charrbq
01-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Are those bells I hear? ding-a-ling, ding-a-ling, ding-a-ling :lol:

RacerBill
01-09-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by charrbq@Jan 7 2006, 04:08 PM
Are those bells I hear? ding-a-ling, ding-a-ling, ding-a-ling :lol:

Rats, too late. ebay pulled the item. I would like to have seen it. The talk about it reminds me about a letter we received at the USAC office with an engineering student's ideas about making Indy cars safer. One involved a large metal plate in the nose of the car that would be lowered if a car started to slide, slowing the front faster than the back, sending the back of the car into the concrete wall. The other idea contrived a heavy weight on a teather that would drop out of the nose of the car and act like an anchor (yeah, this guy was really serious!).

Of course, we learned that hitting the wall with the engine/transmission was not the best thing to do, either.

Loved the paper "Unskilled....."

RacerBill
01-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by RacerBill@Jan 9 2006, 03:02 PM
Rats, too late. ebay pulled the item. I would like to have seen it. The talk about it reminds me about a letter we received at the USAC office with an engineering student's ideas about making Indy cars safer. One involved a large metal plate in the nose of the car that would be lowered if a car started to slide, slowing the front faster than the back, sending the back of the car into the concrete wall. The other idea contrived a heavy weight on a teather that would drop out of the nose of the car and act like an anchor (yeah, this guy was really serious!).

Of course, we learned that hitting the wall with the engine/transmission was not the best thing to do, either.

Loved the paper "Unskilled....."

Wait, wait!!! I forgot about the story that Les Kimbrall used to tell visitors who came up to the Timing and Scoring booth in the old Timing Tower at the Speedway. This one involved putting generators on the cars that would give them a positive charge. Then applying a positive charge to the walls. Since both the cars and the walls would be charged with the same polarity, they would repel each other and the cars would never hit the walls!