PDA

View Full Version : Fixed side window removal on 240SX S13 notchback

turboICE
01-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Stripping a 240SX S13 notchback. Is the trim around the bottom and back edge of the fixed side windows integrated with the pane installation and comes off with the pane or is it separate and can I work it off prior to pane removal?

djsilver
01-07-2006, 05:10 PM
http://www.zeroyon.com/index/content/view/24/47/

Don't know but here's a link to a free FSM in pdf format
:023:

turboICE
01-07-2006, 05:38 PM
Thanks have it as well as the original FSM, wiring book, etc in hardcopy. Haven't seen this topic covered.

turboICE
01-07-2006, 10:53 PM
OK, I found some idea of them in my hardcopy FSM.

The molding is slid onto the glass before it is installed.

In removing them tonight I could not come up with any reasonable way to remove the glass without damaging the trim, which hopefully is available separately from the glass! :lol:

Tristan Smith
01-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by turboICE@Jan 8 2006, 02:53 AM
OK, I found some idea of them in my hardcopy FSM.

The molding is slid onto the glass before it is installed.

In removing them tonight I could not come up with any reasonable way to remove the glass without damaging the trim, which hopefully is available separately from the glass! :lol:

I don't believe it That window trim)is. It's been a while since I built mine, but I remember having to go to a junkyard to get another side window because everything was so torn up trying to get it out. I suggest that you leave them in and work around them.

turboICE
01-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Too late was already done. The "trim" does have a channel that goes on both sides of the glass and does become attached along with the glass when it was installed. And yes the trim is destroyed in the removal.