PDA

View Full Version : Building 280ZX for HPDE's Time trials Need advise

CNJRacing
01-04-2006, 12:26 AM
Hey everyone,

I'll be picking up an 83 280zx Turbo Thursday or Friday this week. It's beat up enough yet strong enough for the perfect track car. I want to hear any experiences racing / high performance related specificly to a 280ZX. I've been a Z owner forever and had a 76 I used for track days for several years. Sold it, bought a 92 300ZX, tracked that, and loved it, but can't work on it! Selling that.

Looking for Suspension advise, Roll cage, parts you are selling, anythign related to this topic

Scott, no matter what anyone has told you, the 280Zx is a fun car to drive on the track. I've driven several of my freinds cars on the track and had a ton of fun. Don't forget Bob Sharp / Paul Newman!

Thanks

Chris
Z Assoc of NY

bobpink
01-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by CNJRacing@Jan 4 2006, 04:26 AM
Scott, no matter what anyone has told you, the 280Zx is a fun car to drive on the track. I've driven several of my freinds cars on the track and had a ton of fun. Don't forget Bob Sharp / Paul Newman!

OT-FYI: The owner of the company I work for owns the Jim Fitzgerald 280ZX (which I see everday) and let's just say Bob Sharp Racing was somewhat creative in the conversion of the car into a CP car. Can't really compare these cars to stock.

Other than that, have fun with the car. There are a couple of guys here who know the particulars of these cars and can help you out.