PDA

View Full Version : Looking for A3 guinea pigs for ECU tuning

Bildon
01-02-2006, 03:45 PM
We're looking for some guinea pigs to do some Motronic tuning at a dyno day in the late spring. :blink:

If you have a VR6 or 2L VW that would like to participate in one of our initial customer tuning days please get in touch with me.

We are going to get a few cars together at a location to be disclosed later in order to put the final touches on our Bosch Motronic M2.9 tuning program. We will put your car on a dyno, tune for maximum output in the RPMs and load points that matter on track and then we'll burn you a new chip with the optimized map.

Your original chip will be removed and you may keep it for simple retro-fitting should you ever desire. We expect the cost to be in the $200-$300 range and this is mainly to pay the dyno owner for his time. Your car should be in excellent working order with no misfires, vacuum leaks, compression loss etc. If you have an existing chip in your ECU it's OK but make sure it is socketed and not soldered to the board. (check for encryption boards too)

So if you are interested let me now.... looking for 2 to 3 cars for this guinea pig day. :D
http://www.bildon.com/racing/racecars/its%5Fcorrado/images/ECU_crop.jpg

Dave Zaslow
01-03-2006, 06:35 AM
Bill,

I'll visit the evil doctors laboratory.

Dave Z

Jakob
01-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Bosch Motronic M2.9 is OBD 1, right?

I have a 95 GTI VR6 that sees a lot of HPDEs.

Knestis
01-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Squeak, squeak. Mmm - alfalfa pellets!

K

OTLimit
01-04-2006, 08:54 PM
You're a little far from us to even think about it....

Besides, Chris is working on the truck and I don't dare interrupt him; he might lose his train of thought again. :D

Bildon
01-05-2006, 12:22 AM
A) We're not doing this in Pittsburgh. So wherever it makes sense to do it. Dynos are everywhere. (I'm going to guess NY, NewEng or DC, MD ) however given the stats here.

B) The M2.9 was found on all ODB1 or 2 We can actually do the newer ECUs now too but for the purpose of this test we want to stick to ABA and AAA from the 90's

Jakob, what have you done to your engine? We want the data to correlate to an IT engine. Bascially no cams. Turbos and Cams are for another day ;-)

If anyone knows of any street cars that have modestly tuned engines and want to join the fun let them know. I want to have 4-5 guys lined up in case we loose a few when we get close to dyno-day.

thx

Jakob
01-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Darn, it is not set up for IT.

Engine mods include chip, cams, intake and crank pulley. Dyno'd last year at 177whp. Recently I added a new exhaust and manifold.

Keep me in mind if shorthanded.

Bildon
01-19-2006, 12:51 PM
OK we have our test cars. Thanks for replying :023:

Bildon
05-14-2006, 07:15 PM
Bringing this thread back from the dead.

Well our first "dyno day" was a success. :birra:

We successfully reprogrammed the Bosch M2.9 on an ITS VR6 Corrado and an ITB Golf 3. The gains and drivability mods made were a big success!

If anybody out there is interested in a custom tune for IT racing then please contact us. We can either send you one of our chips to try or we can do a specific tune for your car at your local dyno. The best solution would of course be for you to bring your car to us.