PDA

View Full Version : NASA OH/IN 2006 Schedule open for Registration!

Lawrence Mansier
01-02-2006, 09:07 AM
The NASA OH/IN Region is excited to provide a great 2006 schedule (provided at the bottom of this post) that includes tons of track time for all level of drivers. THREE weekends at the newly paved Mid Ohio Sports Car Course (each three days!), TWO weekends at Putnam Park Road Course, ONE trip to BeaveRun, ONE cross-over event with Midwest at Autobahn Country Club, and:

THE NATIONALS AT MID OHIO!

A typical event weekend will include at least 4 twenty minute sessions per day for HPDE drivers, and a triple sprint race (yes three races in one weekend!) for the racers. Time Trial drivers also get at least 4 twenty minute sessions, and everyone is invited to the trophy presentations and parties on Saturday night. Instructors are provided for the HPDE 1 and 2 drivers including classroom time, and group meetings for Racers, Time Trial, and HPDE 3&4 drivers are held to help get you the information you need and deliver information to help you go faster!

All of these events are now open for registration at www.nasaproracing.com . More information about these events, schedules, hotels, etc. are coming available at www.racenasa.com , or email [email protected], or phone 330.421.1900. Here is the total 2006 OH/IN Schedule:

2006 EVENT SCHEDULE
April 21-23 Mid Ohio
May 20-21 Putnam Park
June 10-11 BeaveRun
July 7-9 Mid Ohio
July 22-23 Autobahn
August 11-13 Mid Ohio
September 11-17 NASA Nationals
October 7-8 Putnam Park

See you at the track!

LM

Bildon
01-02-2006, 01:49 PM
Cool, good to see NASA making a bigger dent in the area. So as a National SCCA license holder with numerous race wins, can I get a NASA license without doing a school? :blink:

What's the latest on the national championship race? I couldn't find any info on the NASA site. What's needed to qualify?

What classes can a 2.9L, ITS Corrado or 1.8L, 1991 GTI run in? Is the USTCC always limited to 5 year old or newer cars?

- Bill

Lawrence Mansier
01-02-2006, 02:22 PM
As a SCCA license holder, you would need to go to www.nasaproracing.com in the forms section and print off the competition license application. That application will list all the items you will need to send in to the national office to get a NASA provisional license. Email me if you need help finding the form: [email protected]. You won't need to do a school as long as your license and medical are current.

Drivers need to race in at least 5 individual races to qualify for the nationals. Finishing order does not matter, participation does. Some of the other information like a finalized schedule, etc, is being worked on right now. A link to the nationals website can be found from our site www.racenasa.com . It is on the left hand side.

The Corrado and the GTI could both fit into GTS (German Touring Series) classes based on their power to weight. Check out www.gtschallenge.com . I know there is some leaway with the USTCC years, so best bet is to get in touch with Ali Arsham at USTCC and see what he thinks.

Hope to see you for a few events this year!

LM

C. Ludwig
01-02-2006, 03:44 PM
I'm planning a very limited schedule this year but want to race the national race. If there are 5 races needed for qualifying I can race two weekend and do something like 2 sprints and an enduro each weekend for a total of six races correct? Or 2 sprints each weekend in ps1 and 1 sprint each weekend in sm?

Lawrence Mansier
01-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Check with your local region. Some of the events are triple sprint races. All of the OH/IN Region events are triples.

See you soon!

LM

Racerlinn
01-02-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Lawrence Mansier@Jan 2 2006, 05:07 PM
Check with your local region. Some of the events are triple sprint races. All of the OH/IN Region events are triples.

See you soon!

LM

Lawrence,
What type of schedule would it be for a triple weekend?
Sat qual, race, race
Sun qual, race
??

R2 Racing
01-02-2006, 11:47 PM
Steve - I believe it's Saturday: practice, qualify, race and then Sunday: qualify, race, race.

Whoa, Steve, Chris, and me coming to more NASA events near you! :blink: We've got to show these east coast and west coast guys a harsh welcome to Mid Ohio in September. :smilie_pokal:

C. Ludwig
01-03-2006, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Lawrence Mansier@Jan 2 2006, 07:07 PM

See you soon!

LM

Ahhhh! The power of reading eludes me sometimes. :D Looks like I'll be making at least two NASA weekends plus the national this year.

And yeah Kevin the home field advantage will be nice. ;)

dj10
01-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by C. Ludwig@Jan 2 2006, 11:44 PM
Ahhhh! The power of reading eludes me sometimes. :D Looks like I'll be making at least two NASA weekends plus the national this year.

And yeah Kevin the home field advantage will be nice. ;)

Hmmmmmmm, looks like fun.

dj10
01-03-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by dj10@Jan 3 2006, 11:46 AM
Hmmmmmmm, looks like fun.

Lawrence,
Question, I just saw that NASA rule is a 1.75X.12 for a roll cage on a 2900# car. What happenes if I have a SCCA legal 1.75X.095 Roll Cage?
dj

Never mind I read farther down the CCR in 15.6.18 "1.75x.095 DOM is allowed.
:)