PDA

View Full Version : WHO IS WIININC THE NARRC IN ITC

dazzlesa
01-01-2006, 05:55 PM
WHO IS RUNNING? WILL THERE BE MORE ITC CARS?

RSTPerformance
01-01-2006, 11:52 PM
My money is on Brian M...

Raymond

lateapex911
01-02-2006, 02:36 AM
Huh???

Brian M...as in Mushnick?? AKA...Mushit...(west bend humour).

Last I knew he was in an A Golf...and getting pretty speedy with it too. When did he switch back to C??

dickita15
01-02-2006, 08:35 AM
not mushnick, megliola. jeesh jake pay attention.
brian has the little red rabbit hooked up.

Tkczecheredflag
01-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Brian Megliola is a very good racer (as is Musnick). He should have doubled the NERRC with the NARRC this year but found the ARMCO in the uphill (a rail I have been intimate with in the past OUCH), at the NARCC-OFFS. If Brian runs a full season (NERRC/NARRC) and Ed F or Steph also show up along with Fred W (and assuming we won't see John's Rabbit if it sells), we should have some decent racing. As always we need more cars. I thought Russell H has been looking faster and Al S needs to scavenge some of Jeff Leone's Fiesta goodies.

StephF
01-05-2006, 05:51 PM
The other half is threatening to find his own ITC Honda so we can get out and race against each other. :happy204:
You think the Sheppard brothers were bad on track together.....
Let's just say it would push us both to new heights (or lows!)
I just hope that my work schedule doesn't mean that HE gets more seat time in 'my' car than I do! :bash_1_:
Most of my racing will likely be at NHIS (ick!ugh!boo!) I've just never much cared for the way that track flows....or doesn't flow!
Looking forward to seeing all you guys on grid! This should be a fun season!

RSTPerformance
01-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Steph-

I miss you guys in "B" but it would be fun watching the two of you dice it out... hummm You guys really suprised a lot of people when you showed up with that car!!!

I think my vote is on you :023: (oh crap I might be in trouble now... Does your other half read this site :bash_1_: ?

Raymond

Tkczecheredflag
01-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by StephF@Jan 5 2006, 09:51 PM
The other half is threatening to find his own ITC Honda so we can get out and race against each other. :happy204:
You think the Sheppard brothers were bad on track together.....
Let's just say it would push us both to new heights (or lows!)
I just hope that my work schedule doesn't mean that HE gets more seat time in 'my' car than I do! :bash_1_:
Most of my racing will likely be at NHIS (ick!ugh!boo!) I've just never much cared for the way that track flows....or doesn't flow!
Looking forward to seeing all you guys on grid! This should be a fun season!

Steph - I am posting my car in the classified today. Maybe a ride for Ed too.
Tim

lateapex911
01-06-2006, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Tkczecheredflag@Jan 5 2006, 05:45 PM
Steph - I am posting my car in the classified today. Maybe a ride for Ed too.
Tim

Huh? OK, spill....what's the plan!?

Tkczecheredflag
01-06-2006, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by lateapex911@Jan 6 2006, 05:13 AM
Huh? OK, spill....what's the plan!?

Jake - Same story as the reply to Greg in "Honda Race Cars"

The thread "Who will win NARCC in ITA" started to speak to me. I used to run in "A" (1st Gen Civic Si) and the news of being separated from you guys (ITA/ITC Run groups), and having to run with the SM cowboys saddened me. I thought I would put my car out there, see if we got any nibbles, and if we could liquidate some/all of my prgram, look for a worthy "A" car. You buying this story stay tuned? ;)

StephF
01-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance@Jan 5 2006, 05:18 PM
Steph-

I miss you guys in "B" but it would be fun watching the two of you dice it out... hummm You guys really suprised a lot of people when you showed up with that car!!!

I think my vote is on you :023: (oh crap I might be in trouble now... Does your other half read this site :bash_1_: ?

Raymond

Ha ha ha! Yes he does, and I made sure to point it out to him! :P He mumbled something about "Damn kids", but I saw just a hint of a smirk under the corner of his mustache...
We miss B as well. I enjoyed getting to know you guys, and goofing around on the grid. It just wasn't much fun to run the Opel any longer because it was so overweight and uncompetitive. Quite frankly, if you aren't running in the front 1/3 of the pack in B, it can get scary. And we spent way too many weeks pounding the car back into something resembling straight that it became a hassle instead of enjoyable. If we ever find something competitive and fun, I think we'd both be back in a flash.
So we decided to strip the Opel out and go production. We stripped it out alright, then the heater in the garage broke, and the car sat on jackstands through the end of the winter. Then spring hit and we got REALLY busy. :blink:
We talked about renting something, just to keep current, but that was a lot of money with no real return. About June, I started getting really twitchy without anything to race. ( I had sold my last racehorse, so I was suffering from Raceus-interruptus!)I found this car on ebay and bought the dang thing! (bought it privately after the auction ended though!)
You should have seen the look on Bob Smart's face at NHIS when he helped us drop the ramp on the trailer, first time we showed up with it. We didn't mention there was a Honda in there, just let him look at the butt end of the car when it appeared. He had an expression like this: :huh:
I think my husband thought I was a bit touched in the head when I went and did this, but we seem to have gotten lucky with it. The people who built it did a nice job, and so far, it's been a lot of fun to drive (not that I've gotten a lot of seattime in it yet! :( )
Hey Tim, I thought you liked me!!!!! Not only are you trying to flee C now that I&#39;m here, you&#39;re offering to sell your well sorted car to my husband!!!!! <_<
Seriously, I&#39;d grab it in a heartbeat if I was able. Let us know if you have parts/wheels, etc available. And selfishly, I hope you don&#39;t sell it this season, so we can have a chance to race together again! :023:

Tkczecheredflag
01-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by StephF@Jan 6 2006, 04:09 PM
Hey Tim, I thought you liked me!!!!! Not only are you trying to flee C now that I&#39;m here, you&#39;re offering to sell your well sorted car to my husband!!!!! <_<
Seriously, I&#39;d grab it in a heartbeat if I was able. Let us know if you have parts/wheels, etc available. And selfishly, I hope you don&#39;t sell it this season, so we can have a chance to race together again! :023:

Steph - If I remember correctlly Ed posted the pole time at the NARRC-OFF. Not sure if the #11 will sell so I suspect we&#39;ll race again. I will keep you in mind for parts if she moves. Be well.

StephF
01-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Tkczecheredflag@Jan 6 2006, 11:22 AM
Steph - If I remember correctlly Ed posted the pole time at the NARRC-OFF. Not sure if the #11 will sell so I suspect we&#39;ll race again. I will keep you in mind for parts if she moves. Be well.

And he has reminded me of this on an almost daily basis.... <_< As well as how he beat the track record at the Glen (even though he was defeated by a &#39;skirt&#39; :happy204: )
Man, it&#39;s been a long, long winter around here!!!

That&#39;s OK though.....it sure keeps it from getting boring! :023:
Hope to see you on the grid again Tim!! I know I&#39;m looking forward to it! I&#39;m on a mission this year.... :eclipsee_steering:

Ed Funk
01-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance@Jan 5 2006, 06:18 PM
Steph-

Raymond

Ed Funk
01-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Sorry about the double post! :(

Hopefully, at least occasionally, this year the winning itc car will have Funk on the windshield. We just agreed to buy Tim&#39;s # 11. Although getting his sponsor to switch to us is still up in the air!? <_< We hope to have some fun racing each other and some of you other folks, also. We won&#39;t do the full season of NERRC/NARRC because of work schedules and our desire to continue doing some racing out of area. We&#39;re also hoping to provide a fun show for our old itb f
friends :happy204:

"Honey I love you...but racin&#39; is racin&#39;" B)

Ed

dickita15
01-24-2006, 01:23 PM
wow. congrats on the two car team. this could certainly lead to some interesting pillow talk. :D

Tkczecheredflag
01-24-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Ed Funk@Jan 24 2006, 04:18 PM

Hopefully, at least occasionally, this year the winning itc car will have Funk on the windshield. We just agreed to buy Tim&#39;s # 11. Although getting his sponsor to switch to us is still up in the air!? <_< We hope to have some fun racing each other and some of you other folks, also. We won&#39;t do the full season of NERRC/NARRC because of work schedules and our desire to continue doing some racing out of area. We&#39;re also hoping to provide a fun show for our old itb f
friends :happy204:

"Honey I love you...but racin&#39; is racin&#39;" B)

Ed

Ed - Time to change the signature. :happy204:

StephF
01-24-2006, 01:40 PM
I had some spare time this morning, so I now have the better garage!
:smilie_pokal:
I suppose I&#39;ll have to figure out how to link them to my husband too. No sense in starting the rivalry right off the bat!
And Dick, we&#39;ve always had interesting pillow, er, talk! :figo:

dazzlesa
01-25-2006, 06:43 PM
funny how things work. you start some inocent threads and cars change hands and people change classes.

RSTPerformance
01-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by dazzlesa@Jan 25 2006, 06:43 PM
funny how things work. you start some inocent threads and cars change hands and people change classes.

and people make "pillowtalk" comments that my young ears need not know...

ITC should be very interesting this year!!! Glad to see you both will be on track, and that Ed has his own car to damage rather than yours!!! :unsure:

Raymond "this is going to be exciting!!!" Blethen

Tkczecheredflag
01-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Ed Funk@Jan 24 2006, 04:18 PM

Hopefully, at least occasionally, this year the winning itc car will have Funk on the windshield. We just agreed to buy Tim&#39;s # 11. Although getting his sponsor to switch to us is still up in the air!? <_<
Ed

Ed - Talking to Carol, she thought that CPM Motorsports on the hood of the #11 was part of the "package deal" pricing :unsure:. lol It&#39;s gonna kill her not seeing her name on the hood of the #11- Hope she likes a red background with the CPM logo. ;) The "spares" story keeps getting better as I continue to sort through things - you&#39;ll be happy - an easy build for the white car. Do I hear three car team?????? :happy204:

Rabbit05
02-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Tim ,
I am sad to hear that you sold your car. I know I had ALOT of fun racing against you. So far we have plans of putting the Rabbit back together and running it in a few races.I was going to sell it broken, but i figured i could sell it for more as a complete car. so we will be tromping around Lime Rock and probably Watkins Glen. ( gotta try to get my Long coarse record back) :rolleyes: . I lokk forward to running aaginst Ed in your car, i know he&#39;s plenty fast and he will be in a quick car. Should be fun !
But i will be running Ricks Miata in some Nationals and maybe an Endurance race or two. So now that you arent in ITC anymore, what are you going to run ?

John VanDenburgh
ITC Amsoil/ Mac Tools Rabbit #05
SM Gile Motorsports # 42

Tkczecheredflag
02-16-2006, 08:00 AM
John - Was glad the car stayed in NER. Since they separated "C" and "A" I should be able to watch Ed run her with the SM guys.

No more jumping out of the Bunny and into the Zoom Zoom for you with the new class combos ("C" and SM). Ed appears to be a bit more brave (read that as has more balls) than me, so I suspect you will have good races with him too. We had some great runs together and tons of fun - you are a great racer who I hold in high regard and respect. There were many times you could have given me a tap and sent me flyin&#39; but always chased me down and passed me clean.Good luck in &#39;06. See ya soon.

Ed Funk
02-16-2006, 04:03 PM
John - Was glad the car stayed in NER. Since they separated "C" and "A" I should be able to watch Ed run her with the SM guys.

No more jumping out of the Bunny and into the Zoom Zoom for you with the new class combos ("C" and SM). Ed appears to be a bit more brave (read that as has more balls) than me, so I suspect you will have good races with him too. We had some great runs together and tons of fun - you are a great racer who I hold in high regard and respect. There were many times you could have given me a tap and sent me flyin&#39; but always chased me down and passed me clean.Good luck in &#39;06. See ya soon.
[/b]

There you go, saying flattering things about me again, Tim. :018: You&#39;ve already sold me the car!! See you
Sunday 10.00am.

Ed