PDA

View Full Version : WHO IS WINNING THE NARRC IN ITB

dazzlesa
01-01-2006, 05:53 PM
WHO IS RUNNING? WHO WILL RUN FOR THE NARRC? I WILL BRING OUT A CIVIC TO SEE WHAT IT CAN DO.

Tkczecheredflag
01-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Rick - I thought I had front Header Panel Assembly in the parts attic for you Civic but I could not locate it. Good luck in the "B" car.

dazzlesa
01-01-2006, 10:56 PM
Thanks for looking

RSTPerformance
01-01-2006, 11:20 PM
Carlson has only been beten by 3 people in races since the Jim McMahn days... I think he has lost maybe 3 or 5 races that he has entered in the last 5 years... I think he is still a strong contender, however we have both the Audi's running a bit faster than 2 years ago when we last ran the series. We also have the new tough guys like David Grand, and whats this Rick in a civic??? If it is being prepped by Anthony then I think that will be a tough one to beat. We also have Tim Mullen who keeps getting faster and some the benagh brothers who might have a few new tricks/ideas hiding in the closet. Alan I bet will have things worked out on his Audi, and I am thinking that Mr. Gleason and Reece always add a twist of suprises. How about Joel Hyde his son and his counterpart Dave Zaslow... Then if we ever get the Canadians to run the whole season that could be a tough battle, at the very least they always add a twist to things :) I would love to see the Bildon boys take a run at the challange. Nat Wentworth I think might come back this season stronger, as he always seems to be right on the edge of suprising everyone. Jeff Lawton... i was reading another post... are you out of B? You were also getting quick... I also herd that the BMW contenders might get an overhaul this season adding another challenging car...

I think with the Glenn on the list of events we will certainly see the best season yet. I know I am looking forward to it!!!

Raymond "Who is ready to go skiing???" Blethen

gran racing
01-02-2006, 10:47 AM
So, does this mean you guys are done with your road trips? Are you running a full NARRC schedule to make a run for the championship? Too bad I dislike NHIS so much. :(

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the upcoming year's full schedule will look like. Doing a couple NASA / Honda Challenge events could be interesting too. VIR might be a fun trip. And of course there is the annual trip to Summit Point. (You guys really should go to this one!)

dazzlesa
01-02-2006, 11:07 AM
my car is an ex EMRA car. it was built and raced 3 times before it was parked in 2000.it is clean and it seems that it was gone through to make a good car. it does not have the developmental effort that went into the integra. so will i suck? mabe. time will tell.Rich hunter told me that we might bring his civic out this year. from his past results he has been fast. the car is damn tiny so please dont cream me! :D

Bildon
01-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance@Jan 1 2006, 11:20 PM
I think with the Glenn on the list of events we will certainly see the best season yet. I know I am looking forward to it!!!

"Bring it" Raymond :D
Bill 'Glen Meister' Sulouff
http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.j...330&highlight=2 (http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=228330&highlight=2)

Tkczecheredflag
01-02-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by dazzlesa@Jan 2 2006, 03:07 PM
my car is an ex EMRA car. it was built and raced 3 times before it was parked in 2000.it is clean and it seems that it was gone through to make a good car. it does not have the developmental effort that went into the integra. so will i suck? mabe. time will tell.Rich hunter told me that we might bring his civic out this year. from his past results he has been fast. the car is damn tiny so please dont cream me! :D

You'll love driving this car. Hunter used to put his Si on two wheels in the down hill at LRP. I had an '87 - won the ST-3 TT Championship with it my first year out (Holmes used to run a GEO Storm I think back then), moved over to ITA where it would hold it's own in the top 10 but could not handle the 2nd gen CRX's, Integras, and GTI's. Would like to have run it in "B".

Did this car come form a shop in Jersey?

JLawton
01-02-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance@Jan 1 2006, 10:20 PM
Jeff Lawton... i was reading another post... are you out of B? You were also getting quick...

Yup, you heard right!! Makes no sense since I should be getting a weight break in 06 or 07!! Still not sure I'm making the right decision :bash_1_: Too good of a deal to pass up!!

Check it out. Click on the Jeff Lawton-Saturn Link
www.kakashiracing.com

My prediction: Carlson, Blethen, Blethen. HOWEVER, I think there will be a dog fight EVERY race in the top 8-10 positions. I'm a little bummed I'll be missing the fun!! :( And you guys WILL be having fun!! :happy204:

almracing
01-02-2006, 05:48 PM
You are all bringing back memories. My first race car was an '86 Civic Si... (Linda Lemelins old car around 1999ish). Amazing that she won the NARRC in that car and I placed 2nd in the NERRC in my first year with that car. A testimate to the phrase "nothing stands still".

The car was practically bullet proof, except for the Kaizer wheels I used. It was a great car to learn to drive with... few adjustments for me to screw up.

OK... now back to ITA reality.

Anthony R.
ITA #86 NER
CRX Si

dazzlesa
01-02-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by gran racing@Jan 2 2006, 02:47 PM
So, does this mean you guys are done with your road trips? Are you running a full NARRC schedule to make a run for the championship? Too bad I dislike NHIS so much. :(

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the upcoming year's full schedule will look like. Doing a couple NASA / Honda Challenge events could be interesting too. VIR might be a fun trip. And of course there is the annual trip to Summit Point. (You guys really should go to this one!)

i agree with the dislike of nhis.

dazzlesa
01-02-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by JLawton@Jan 2 2006, 09:04 PM
Yup, you heard right!! Makes no sense since I should be getting a weight break in 06 or 07!! Still not sure I'm making the right decision :bash_1_: Too good of a deal to pass up!!

www.kakashiracing.com

My prediction: Carlson, Blethen, Blethen. HOWEVER, I think there will be a dog fight EVERY race in the top 8-10 positions. I'm a little bummed I'll be missing the fun!! :( And you guys WILL be having fun!! :happy204:

that saturn has proven to be quick. i remember a different saturn holding the track record at the glen fo a while.

Greg Amy
01-02-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by dazzlesa@Jan 2 2006, 08:14 PM
i remember a different saturn holding the track record at the glen fo a while.

Nope, it's *that* Saturn - as driven by Janmes Walker, an ex-Saturn engineer - that held the Glen record for a short while. That's the car we aquired...

Be afraid, be very afraid... ;)

benspeed
01-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by JLawton@Jan 2 2006, 09:04 PM

www.kakashiracing.com

Dang Jeff! You go through cars faster than I do! :023:

JohnRW
01-03-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by GregAmy@Jan 2 2006, 10:25 PM
Nope, it's *that* Saturn - as driven by Janmes Walker, an ex-Saturn engineer - that held the Glen record for a short while. That's the car we aquired...

Be afraid, be very afraid... ;)

Is that Gary Lippert's old Saturn ? If so...it's a ROCKET.

Greg Amy
01-03-2006, 12:06 PM
It's James Walker's old Saturn: http://www.teamscr.com

Walker is a Delphi (ex-Saturn) chassis engineer...this is one well-built car. - GA

dazzlesa
01-03-2006, 12:29 PM
GARY'S CAR HAD THE RECORD FIRST, THEN THE 34 HAD IT.I THINK TOM BLANEY BATTLED WITH JAMES ONE WEEKEND A FEW YEARS BACKAT THE GLEN.

JohnRW
01-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Gary works at the Delphi engineering/research/lab facility in the Finger Lakes, and is a hell of a driver. I remember standing at the old flag station on the inside of the entry to the Bus Stop at WGI, and watching him drill that Saturn thru there...hoe-lee-crap...didn't even look like he was lifting. Amazing.

Sounds like you have a sister car...or step-sister car.

Greg Amy
01-03-2006, 03:24 PM
James Walker works at Delphi, too, so I'm sure there's a connection.

You sure it wasn't the red #34 you saw? Walker was telling me the same story, about banging through the bus stop almost without lifting... - GA

philstireservice
01-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by JLawton@Jan 2 2006, 05:04 PM

www.kakashiracing.com

Wowsers Jeff !! Nice Nice car !!!! :happy204:

It's even got the required Hoosier decals on it already ..... :023:

Good luck buddy....... :smilie_pokal:

JohnRW
01-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Nope...it was Gary. White Saturn...on rails.

Saturns may be the undiscovered sleeper in IT, like the Volvo 142's were before a certain Mr. Griffith & Mr. Hunt got hold of a couple.

Jake
01-03-2006, 09:06 PM
Ok - I'll put in a vote for the Granmobile if Dave can put humpty back together again! :)

RSTPerformance
01-03-2006, 10:12 PM
Jeff-

You wil be missed, nice new ride though :023:

Raymond

gran racing
01-04-2006, 09:26 AM
But Jake, I thought we were going to try some NASA events. And 0 points for all of the NHIS events combined doesn't exactly help my NARRC standings.

RSTPerformance
01-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Dave-

Looks like you will have to come up for one event then!!! Pig Roast or Cheep Date are always good events... with lots of track time IMO :)

Looking forward to running with ya!!!

Raymond

Jake
01-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance@Jan 4 2006, 07:23 PM
Dave-

Looks like you will have to come up for one event then!!! Pig Roast or Cheep Date are always good events... with lots of track time IMO :)

Looking forward to running with ya!!!

Raymond

I had way too much fun at the Pig Roast last year to stay away.

lateapex911
01-06-2006, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Jake@Jan 5 2006, 02:10 PM
I had way too much fun at the Pig Roast last year to stay away.

yea..that was a fun one...last race for THAT engine, LOL.

JLawton
01-06-2006, 07:31 AM
My A1 LOVED NHIS!! Once I realized how well it would stick (even on 3 wheels!!)through 1 & 2, it makes for a long straight between 12 and 3. Of course, I still scare the crap out of myself doing it!!

And Dave, I have to agree with Richie, I've seen you hang the ass end out like no other FWD car I've ever seen!! :119: I wish I could dial in that much over steer!! I think once you get the car set up right for NHIS, you'll enjoy it much more!!

JLawton
01-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Why is everyone selling their cars!!

Colin, what's up with your car?? Hmmmmmm, shortened axles??? :D

Andy Bettencourt
01-11-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by JLawton@Jan 11 2006, 02:17 PM
Why is everyone selling their cars!!

Colin, what's up with your car?? Hmmmmmm, shortened axles??? :D

You will be happy to hear he will be racing with you again.......

AB

gran racing
01-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Meaning an ITA car?

JLawton
01-11-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Jan 11 2006, 02:34 PM
You will be happy to hear he will be racing with you again.......

AB

No, no, no!!!!!! :bash_1_: