PDA

View Full Version : WHO IS WINNING THE NARRC IN ITA

dazzlesa
01-01-2006, 04:54 PM
I THOUGHT IT WOULD INTERESTING TO START A THREAD ON WHO IS GOING TO WIN IN ITA OR RUN FOR THE NARRC CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2006. NEW CARS SUCH AS THE 1.8 MIATAS,CARS FOR SALE,ETC. I AM NOT RUNNING ENOUGH OF THE NARRC RACES TO CONTEND FOR THE NARRC.

Andy Bettencourt
01-01-2006, 06:51 PM
Well I think it's wide open. Correct me if I am wrong but...

- you are going to be shy on events
- Fatty is selling his car
- Jeremy is selling his car
- Blaney selling (or sold) his car
- Greg's car is running strong

Hunter / Gangi / Bogart / Amy as my top 4 favorites.

What is Serra doing?

I will be fielding a 1.8 Miata (converting my SM) this year and could be a spoiler at some events. The events I can't make it too, I send in the Big Leverone.

But no waffling: Greg Amy.

AB

dazzlesa
01-01-2006, 07:22 PM
SOUNDS RIGHT SO FAR. SERRA, ARE YOU RUNNING ITA? ANYBODY ELSE? ANY OTHER CONTENDING CARS?
INTEGRA
MIATA
CRX
240SX
NX2000

gran racing
01-01-2006, 09:03 PM
It'll be interesting to see what Jeff Lawton and his Saturn can do.

Greg Amy
01-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Jan 1 2006, 05:51 PM
But no waffling: Greg Amy

Andy, thanks, you're far too kind! After all the hurdles we've had to jump the last few years it's flattering to know I'm recognized by respected peers as being in the hunt. However, my personal goals for the year have more to do with the year-end bashes (NARRC, ARRC, maybe NASA Mid-Ohio) and the endurance races (Summit, NHIS, the Glen, VIR) than with the regional championship. In fact, I don't even know *how* to win the NERRC/NARRC!

My goals for '06 with the NX will be to campaign key events for individual ITA wins (the first one still eludes me), improve the build and prep on the car, and improve my personal driving skillz. I firmly believe that anyone who has the drive and discipline to pilot consistently and campaign all the events has a much, much better chance at the regional championship than I do. - Greg

On edit: Dave, you're spot on. I know this car well; in fact, it's sitting in my trailer in my driveway as I type. I walk in there and look it over every day or so. Well-prepped and looks like a top-notch handling car. 2330#, is it, versus my 2515? Jeff will be giving the ITA crowd a run for its money.

Of course, you certainly can't count out Rick in his well-prepped Integra, and Anthony is always a threat when/if he shows this year. Then we have that super-handling 2380# Miata with a seasoned driver in it.

My goodness, ITA's gonna be fun this year...!

dazzlesa
01-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Greg i have to agree. You have to have the drive to contend for the year long championship run. it is nerve racking watching the points and keeping the car running.if its not greg, then Gangi or hunter? will bogart run other than nhis?

Doc Bro
01-01-2006, 11:40 PM
While I agree that Greg is deserving and has an extremely well developed program, I'd be shocked to give the "nod" to anyone other than an Acura given the current wight/perfomance advantage for the class. As I see it the NARRC goes to which ever Acura shows to the most events and finishes consistently. For '07 with the "adjustment" taking place I vote Bettencourt. '06 up in the air....probably Ritchie if he does enough events. But if weights stay the same any Acura (spec Serra).....Mark Carpenter?, Geoff Branscomb?. I think these guys, although their experience is limited, they have the "ticket" and the hunger. I know it sounds crazy (or flattering) but I've raced these guys and they just pull and pull. DO NOT underestimate Anthony's influence on the upper middle of the pack, especially with a weight advantage.

I can guaran-daamn-tee at 2675 it will not be me or Noam!!! :D

R

Doc Bro
01-01-2006, 11:45 PM
By the way who is Fatty??

R

Andy Bettencourt
01-01-2006, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Doc Bro@Jan 1 2006, 09:45 PM

R

And you call yourself an ITA driver???

Here is his ad!!!! (http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6749)

dickita15
01-02-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Doc Bro@Jan 1 2006, 11:45 PM

R

You most likely know him as Mr. Bomballati :lol:

Tom Blaney
01-02-2006, 09:31 AM
You folks seem to be forgetting the #24 car... the one that (corrected "almost") broke the ITS track record at The Glen last fall. But perhaps you should do what Ray Anthony Jake and I opted to do at the NARRC 2 years ago. Unfortunatly that will be the only way somebody will have a fair shot at the NARRC title.

I didn't bother to dig up the numbers, but I know that he blew off the track record by a substantual amount (which is quite unusual), and both Brett and I were stunned by the straightaway speeds. It is up to you guys, but in my opinion I do not believe that the car is within legal specifications. As I have ranted before, I don't have a problem with minor violations or rules creep, (like washer bottles, or type of bushing material), but when a car can power past the two fastest ITA cars by multiple car length's on a single lap, but not be able to pull away going into or through the corners, it is not driver skill but substantial more power than any other Integra. Unfortunalty the driver knows that nobody has the time or money to prove him wrong.

Victor & company, you guys will have to take the reigns going forward. I made my feelings well know to Windell to his face at impound at that race, and I have no regrets. I have sold the car and will only be focusing on co-driving with two teams for the endurance series where possible. We are planning on running the 12 & 13 hour events and the NE endurace series.

So I hope that you do take the role in policing the class, since it was a lot of fun when we had great races with legal cars.

Tom

Andy Bettencourt
01-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Tom Blaney@Jan 2 2006, 07:31 AM
You folks seem to be forgetting the #24 car... the one that broke the ITS track record at The Glen last fall. But perhaps you should do what Ray Anthony Jake and I opted to do at the NARRC 2 years ago. Unfortunatly that will be the only way somebody will have a fair shot at the NARRC title

The ITS record? You sure?

(On edit: I looked it up for myself. It was the ITA record. 1:30.121. ITS record was also broken at 1:28.609. Nick has never driven the short course in the RX-7)

Lotsa talk about that car but no action. Tsk, tsk. :bash_1_:

AB

dazzlesa
01-02-2006, 10:53 AM
i was not running ITA when they went after the 69 car, so i was not part of the process. i would go after the 24 if other competitors with the proper knowledge to do it properly would join me. from last year his car seems to kill us at pocono and the short course at the glenn.if you guys are up to it pm me and we can talk about it. it is just not fair to all of us.oddly when i was checking qualifying at lrp, he was there and he was disturbed at how fast Serra had run and he felt that anthony's car should be checked.Is it possible that he beleives that his car is legal.of course I find it hard to beleive that he can destroy us down the straights and the car be legal. to me he is a nice gut, but the car seems to damn fast.

biovic
01-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Good topic Rick. I was just thinking last night about the car while I was thinking about going back to work Monday for the new year, and said to myself, It's January!, and I haven't touched the car since I drove it into the garage in October!! :o
Why do I always wait until like January/February when the weather is the coldest to start working on the car?! This winter I vow to finally do some maintenance on the car, like replace the timing belt, water pump, thermostat, maybe even adjust the valve lash. :119: Please please don't think my car is not mecahnically safe out there, it is. These types of items are more to prevent me from getting a DNF. And speaking of that, congrats Ray, I didn't realize you went 3 years without a DNF. Come to think of it, there are several of you out there that always finish. :happy204:
Rick and Tom, I too was not at that infamous LRP race with the teardown, but you could count me in for a similar effort this year.
I have never raced the Glen but did a lapping day there 5 years ago. I haven't yet planned the event schedule this year, so not sure if the Glen or Pocono will fit with the plans (I have to check with my other half).
Happy New Year and happy car prepping.
Victor
#03 Integra

nlevine
01-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Doc Bro@Jan 2 2006, 03:40 AM

I can guaran-daamn-tee at 2675 it will not be me or Noam!!! :D

R

Can I claim 2006 as another "development year" for the BMW, or is there some point where I just have to admit I'm slow :rolleyes: ?

-noam

dickita15
01-02-2006, 03:17 PM
My guess is that if the 24 actuallly finishes enough races to get some points then people will pony up and go thru the hassle to prove what we all suspect (know). when it fianaly happens let me know. even I will be in for $100.

almracing
01-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Joining in on the fray... the #86 LisaGardner.com CRX is expecting a full season this year.... at leat at NHIS. Fortuntately the racing schedule came out early enough to keep the Mrs. from booking family events on racing weekends (but that cans till change..DOH!) :blink:

I look forward to another fun season of racing... and wishing terrible things for the Acuras.

Shameless Plug -- Lisa Gardner's latest paperback is out now - ALONE.

Anthony R.
ITA #86 NER

Tom Blaney
01-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by almracing@Jan 2 2006, 03:19 PM
Joining in on the fray... the #86 LisaGardner.com CRX is expecting a full season this year.... at leat at NHIS. Fortuntately the racing schedule came out early enough to keep the Mrs. from booking family events on racing weekends (but that cans till change..DOH!) :blink:

I look forward to another fun season of racing... and wishing terrible things for the Acuras.

Shameless Plug -- Lisa Gardner's latest paperback is out now - ALONE.

Anthony R.
ITA #86 NER

Since your running a Bullet Proof Engine from SBMS Racing, we all know that you will be extremly strong and legal ... (Shameless Plug)

Racerboy03
01-02-2006, 06:24 PM
I wont be running the NARRC races next year because I will be working in York, PA all summer, and school in Charlotte,NC starts and ends during the racing season. I will be at the Glen however in July. I just worked out a deal to run both my ITA car and an AS car at regionals and nationals next year, so I will be busy as hell at the track. Depending how the run groups are ordered, Ill run the Integra at the MARRS races along with the AS car, but the AS car has priority. While Im still in school Ill have the Integra at Road Atlanta in Feb and March, VIR in March, May and October and then the ARRC in the fall, maybe the runoffs if things go well next year at nationals.

Regarding the #24 car, I saw some disturbing things at Lime Rock last summer when I had a look under his hood to make sure my clutch cable was routed properly. I dont know if he thought I was a noob and wouldnt say anything, but while I was looking the valve cover happened to be off, and something caught my eye. I didnt say anything at the time but if any of you guys want to know details you can send me a message or email. I wont have to deal with him like you guys will next year, but Im willing to help.

Hope you all have an awesome year next year at the NARRC races and Ill hope to see some of you at the ARRC!!

-Mark

moto62
01-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by almracing@Jan 2 2006, 03:19 PM

Anthony R.
ITA #86 NER

Would you like some cheese to go with your whine? You are hanging with Tom(aka drama queen) Blaney too much :lol:

almracing
01-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by moto62@Jan 2 2006, 11:16 PM
Would you like some cheese to go with your whine? You are hanging with Tom(aka drama queen) Blaney too much :lol:

Mmmm.... I love cheese! (said in an English Wallace&Grommit accent - yes I have a 2-1/2 yr old) :rolleyes:

Wishing nothing too terrible... maybe 150lbs of ballast added. And maybe 89 octane fuel. And maybe rain. And maybe corded tires. And... :P

Anthony R.

dazzlesa
01-02-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by nlevine@Jan 2 2006, 05:59 PM
Can I claim 2006 as another "development year" for the BMW, or is there some point where I just have to admit I'm slow :rolleyes: ?

-noam

not to knock any car or driver. bringing the "right"car for the class makes a huge difference.i got my license in 99 in a ITA MR2 and i ran 28th out of 30 with 2cars dnf'ing.1 1/2 years latter i bought a ITA corolla gts. immediatly i was top 10. now comes the integra and i can contend for wins.yeah i have been driving for 6 years but the car has made the most difference.i am sure i can develop the corolla further but its alot of work, time and money.as a comparison if the integra was ITS it would not be the car to have. so your driving might not have anything to do with it. Rick

Doc Bro
01-02-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by dazzlesa@Jan 3 2006, 01:04 AM
not to knock any car or driver. bringing the "right"car for the class makes a huge difference.i got my license in 99 in a ITA MR2 and i ran 28th out of 30 with 2cars dnf'ing.1 1/2 years latter i bought a ITA corolla gts. immediatly i was top 10. now comes the integra and i can contend for wins.yeah i have been driving for 6 years but the car has made the most difference.i am sure i can develop the corolla further but its alot of work, time and money.as a comparison if the integra was ITS it would not be the car to have. so your driving might not have anything to do with it. Rick

With all do respect Rick, doesn't that hint that something is not right. While I agree that the MR2 is not the right car to have because it is more of an ITB+.5 or ITA-.5 (tweener), the Integra is the car to have because it has been classed too favorably. That is why I said that I thought Greg would have a tough time...because like the Z3 his car has been newly classed. Until the Integra/Hondas go through the "process" anyone can buy one and "be up there". Look at Geoff Branscombe. I went to school with him at NHIS. No motor, no suspension...just trying to get his license... and he was pretty slow. A couple of months later....Anthony does his motor and I can't touch the kid. Now my question is did he improve enough to warrant that....probably not. I ran 12 weekends this year plus test days. He ran (I think) 4. If the cars were classed more respectably then the driving WOULD matter, and would have EVERYTHING to do with it. I agree that Honduras are good cars but they gotta go through the process to level the playing field so we can talk apples to apples.

R

R RACER
01-02-2006, 09:46 PM
I disagree with you a bit Rob, the Integra is one of the heaviest cars in the class,
it has the most development in this region, if someone spent the time on the Z4'S
that we have on the Acura's they would be quick also.There are only two of these cars that I know about so it must be tough for you to get help with them.Rick is stating it was a little easier to get there with a sorted car.Adding weight to the cars are not going to slow them down, look how fast the sm's were at the narrc in qualifiying last year, can't wait to see the posts after a few very light 1.8 miata's show up and hit the track come april.Have a good winter , and by the way a few of our cars are up for sale in the classifieds if you know someone thats looking to get into IT. Happy New Year everybody!

Andy Bettencourt
01-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Doc Bro@Jan 2 2006, 07:23 PM
With all do respect Rick, doesn't that hint that something is not right. While I agree that the MR2 is not the right car to have because it is more of an ITB+.5 or ITA-.5 (tweener), the Integra is the car to have because it has been classed too favorably. That is why I said that I thought Greg would have a tough time...because like the Z3 his car has been newly classed. Until the Integra/Hondas go through the "process" anyone can buy one and "be up there". Look at Geoff Branscombe. I went to school with him at NHIS. No motor, no suspension...just trying to get his license... and he was pretty slow. A couple of months later....Anthony does his motor and I can't touch the kid. Now my question is did he improve enough to warrant that....probably not. I ran 12 weekends this year plus test days. He ran (I think) 4. If the cars were classed more respectably then the driving WOULD matter, and would have EVERYTHING to do with it. I agree that Honduras are good cars but they gotta go through the process to level the playing field so we can talk apples to apples.

R

Let's not totally hijack the thread but Rick is right. Even when all the cars go through the process, there will be some haves and some have not's. If you want to run at the front given equal prep and equal driving, you do have to choose the right car.

Having said that, it is our 100% belief that when everything does go through the process, there should be: 1. More cars to choose from and 2. A smaller disparity between those haves/have nots.

Certain cars have strengths and weekenesses. It is NOT the charter nor the intention of teh ITAC to try and balance the on-track performance of each car in each class on the head of a pin. When the dust settles, you still have to make an educated decision.

AB

Doc Bro
01-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by R RACER@Jan 3 2006, 01:46 AM
I disagree with you a bit Rob, the Integra is one of the heaviest cars in the class,
it has the most development in this region, if someone spent the time on the Z4'S
that we have on the Acura's they would be quick also.There are only two of these cars that I know about so it must be tough for you to get help with them.Rick is stating it was a little easier to get there with a sorted car.Adding weight to the cars are not going to slow them down, look how fast the sm's were at the narrc in qualifiying last year, can't wait to see the posts after a few very light 1.8 miata's show up and hit the track come april.Have a good winter , and by the way a few of our cars are up for sale in the classifieds if you know someone thats looking to get into IT. Happy New Year everybody!

I don't have the #'s in front of me for the Acura's but the Z3 is 138rwhp, 2675lbs. I'm pretty sure the Acura is at least 100 lbs lighter. I do agree the 1.8l Miata is probably the new car to beat. Adding weight will not slow the Acura's down much but it wil allow them to be viewed in the same light as all the other cars in the class. (Along with the civic and 240).

I only hope that Noam and I can collectively put the Z3's on the map. I'm sure we can do something. By the way, I always thought BMW was a better marque for MSN, Anthony. :smilie_pokal: Whaddya think??

R

Doc Bro
01-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Jan 3 2006, 01:49 AM
Let's not totally hijack the thread but Rick is right. Even when all the cars go through the process, there will be some haves and some have not's. If you want to run at the front given equal prep and equal driving, you do have to choose the right car.

Having said that, it is our 100% belief that when everything does go through the process, there should be: 1. More cars to choose from and 2. A smaller disparity between those haves/have nots.

Certain cars have strengths and weekenesses. It is NOT the charter nor the intention of teh ITAC to try and balance the on-track performance of each car in each class on the head of a pin. When the dust settles, you still have to make an educated decision.

AB

So, here's a hypothetical question. Let's make the blanket statement that all the cars we are talking about will be a 10/10 effort, AND have all been through the process. What car has the best/ least chance of winning it, given its current strengths/weaknesses. What is the collective "educated decision"?

Is the best contender still the Integra? 240? Miata? NX? Z3? :D

Least chanse of winning in ITA? 1ST GEN 7?

Or given the parameters, is the "hypothetical" playing field I set up too level too call a class favorite?
I'm curious to read what people think and why.

ps I have no idea by the way- I just don't know enough about the classing of the cars in our class.

R

R RACER
01-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Rob,

Everyone knows I have a soft spot for BMW's , I just like fwd layout for the track easier to drive at the limit for me. Yes your car is a bit heavier, but you have bigger brakes & tires than me, Andy cut this guy a break and take a 100 off his
car and add it to your new Miata,and take a 75 off mine! :D

Andy Bettencourt
01-02-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by R RACER@Jan 2 2006, 08:11 PM
take a 75 off mine! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doc Bro
01-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by R RACER@Jan 3 2006, 02:11 AM
Rob,

Everyone knows I have a soft spot for BMW's , I just like fwd layout for the track easier to drive at the limit for me. Yes your car is a bit heavier, but you have bigger brakes & tires than me, Andy cut this guy a break and take a 100 off his

Now your talking my language....sort of!! Next time we paddock together the beer is on me! But the 75lb comment means it's cheap beer! :D :D If you hadn't thrown that in Anthony, it was Sam Adams and Newcastle!!
R

dazzlesa
01-02-2006, 11:32 PM
The scca will not gaurentee a car that can win. they are giving us a place for us to race. good luck with the rest.i wish they would reclass the corolla because it has been a blast to have. but its a 1.6 and the crx is the same. so why would they reclass it.the scca drew a line in the sand and that is how the cars ended up. i was fortunate to go to the arrc. you had to show up with the best car, best prep and an outstanding driver to run up front. there was no cake walk for the integra.there is no way in IT to make them all even.the scca has made some changes that will give us more options. the nx2000 and 1.8 miatas come to mind as the 1.5 civic and the accord in ITB. maybe some of the changes in 07 will make it a more level field. but there are still going to be cars that will dominate and cars that will struggle in there classes.maybe i will be crying about the ITS oh i mean the ITA nx2000 and the 1.8 miata next year. anybody want to buy a fast integra.wait not yet its a blast to drive. i cant give it up. how many months before we race? :) :D :) :D

dazzlesa
01-02-2006, 11:49 PM
i just noticed that anthony and rob are looking for help with the weight. nobodys ever happy! lets create rewards weight as the world challege guys do. <_< more work? forget about that idea. B)

dazzlesa
01-02-2006, 11:53 PM
people ask me what i get for racing. money? no i race for a trophy! i get that you are nuts look. i guess i am and i guess that a few of you guys are too. later! :P :P :P :P

lateapex911
01-03-2006, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Doc Bro@Jan 2 2006, 09:07 PM
.......AND have all been through the process. What car has the best/ least chance of winning it, given its current strengths/weaknesses. What is the collective "educated decision"?

Is the best contender still the Integra? 240? Miata? NX? Z3? :D

Least chanse of winning in ITA? 1ST GEN 7?

R

Nobody can answer that because they haven&#39;t seen the all the cars go through the process.

Stay tuned....

gran racing
01-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Maybe a more important question...

Mark - At what race were all of those girls at? You didn&#39;t bring them down to the ARRC. :angry:

Rick, just curious. The corrolla you have, is that the one that has run with EMRA (and was extremely fast at the glen!)?

dazzlesa
01-03-2006, 10:31 AM
YES DAVE. CAN YOU SAY IT AGAIN? THAT VERY FAST COROLLA. WILL SOMEBODY BUY IT AND GIVE IT A NEW HOME.

Tom Blaney
01-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by R RACER@Jan 2 2006, 10:11 PM
Rob,

Everyone knows I have a soft spot for BMW&#39;s , I just like fwd layout for the track easier to drive at the limit for me. Yes your car is a bit heavier, but you have bigger brakes & tires than me, Andy cut this guy a break and take a 100 off his

Now don&#39;t go writing off the CRX&#39;s already. If you recall (especially the Integra boys), there were a lot more of you looking at the ass end of our CRX&#39;s when the checkered fell. :smilie_pokal: :D

7racing
01-03-2006, 10:57 AM
I&#39;m starting to feel left out....:(

If my car doesn&#39;t sell, then I will be in ITA next year with the 240. And I won&#39;t be out there to drive around. I was telling the wife that if I am in this class next year and I have the right car, then I need to try to win NARRC.

Jeremy

Andy Bettencourt
01-03-2006, 11:16 AM
OK, new developments. (We may have to buy that car and mothball it to keep it off the track) :)

With Greg focusing on the big stuff and fun out-of-area events, and Mr. MSN back in the mix...

Serra takes it.

AB

stevel
01-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Hmmm, I&#39;m gonna have to say a Nissan, 240SX in particular. Who exactly? A Bogart, I&#39;m not saying which one cause I can&#39;t say for sure. But, if Jeremy&#39;s car stays with him he&#39;s gonna be in the run also.

I&#39;m picking the 240SX because of it&#39;s potential at NHIS. The handling of these cars is so much better than the Acura&#39;s and Honda&#39;s, especially thru the oval, that with all of them at full prep this season (which they will be) they&#39;re gonna be the car to have at NHIS. The power still isn&#39;t what it could be but we&#39;re working on it. Reliability will NOT be an issue either, so finishing all the races will help.

steve

Andy Bettencourt
01-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Interesting view Steve. Just for reference for the end of the year:

2005 NARRC Wins (of 12 races)

Acura - 9
240SX - 3
No wins by another type of car

There were 6 points events at NHIS in 2005, 5 at LRP (if you consider the Runoffs 2)

stevel
01-03-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Jan 3 2006, 06:33 PM

Acura - 9
240SX - 3

There were 6 points events at NHIS in 2005, 5 at LRP (if you consider the Runoffs 2)

And those 3 wins were all at NHIS. And with the S. Chicane, the 240&#39;s dominate!

s

dazzlesa
01-03-2006, 02:58 PM
since i am passing on nhis. bring it to lrp.
so i expect at lrp
integra
miata
crx
nx2000
240sx
saturn
anyone else want to join the battle royal?
anyone taken bets?
every one has to play nice!
a glen race would also rock!

7racing
01-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Jan 3 2006, 06:33 PM

Acura - 9
240SX - 3

And to add to that, I was leading with 2 laps to go at LRP when I made a mistake lapping an ITC car. Lost momentum down the front straight and lost the lead (to an Acura). :bash_1_: I&#39;m still kicking myself over that mistake! Argh!

And I qualified on the pole of the ITA/ITS race in the wet, was leading when my motor started to give up and I dropped out.

So that&#39;s 2 "what if&#39;s" that I can add. If I don&#39;t screw up and I do proper maintenance, then possibly the wins are more even. :P

I just can&#39;t wait to race something in 2006! :023:

Jeremy

dickita15
01-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by 7racing@Jan 3 2006, 06:21 PM
If I don&#39;t screw up and I do proper maintenance, then possibly the wins are more even. :P
Jeremy

hmm two pretty big ifs :lol:

dominojd
01-03-2006, 08:43 PM
[attachmentid=233]
Originally posted by dazzlesa@Jan 3 2006, 06:58 PM
so i expect at lrp
integra
miata
crx
nx2000
240sx
saturn
anyone taken bets?

SENTRA SE-R B)

Jake
01-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by dazzlesa@Jan 3 2006, 01:04 AM
not to knock any car or driver. bringing the "right"car for the class makes a huge difference.i got my license in 99 in a ITA MR2 and i ran 28th out of 30 with 2cars dnf&#39;ing.1 1/2 years latter i bought a ITA corolla gts. immediatly i was top 10. now comes the integra and i can contend for wins.yeah i have been driving for 6 years but the car has made the most difference.i am sure i can develop the corolla further but its alot of work, time and money.as a comparison if the integra was ITS it would not be the car to have. so your driving might not have anything to do with it. Rick

But the MR2 fits in the performance envelope of the class. :)

FWIW, the Integra&#39;s stock hp is 140, spec weight is 2480. So with no engine mods that&#39;s only 17.7 for each hp to carry around. That just about blows away EVERYONE else.

dazzlesa
01-03-2006, 09:05 PM
ah what if&#39;s :rolleyes: if the 24 had turned the nitrous off at pocono add 2. if i did not have a brain freeze at nhis and spin the car on the first lap, i might have been able to cross the finish line better than 3rd.on a 2nd occasion if the brakes behaved at nhis i might have kept the lead. on a 3rd ocassion if the car liked turning in the drying track i might have kept the lead.if i made it out of the chicane at the last nhis,i might have had a chance to chase brandon for the win.at lrp if i knew it was the last lap i might not have left room to be passed for the win yes last lap. but it was fun to run!

dazzlesa
01-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Jake@Jan 4 2006, 12:57 AM
But the MR2 fits in the performance envelope of the class. :)

FWIW, the Integra&#39;s stock hp is 140, spec weight is 2480. So with no engine mods that&#39;s only 17.7 for each hp to carry around. That just about blows away EVERYONE else.

do you or andy have more comparisons? crx,240sx,nx2000,1.8 miata
i was thinking about the mr2 and the corolla.even if they seperated the 1.8&#39;s from the 1.6&#39;s, w&#39;ed still be racing tom&#39;s bulletproff motors! there would be no match for us.

Greg Amy
01-03-2006, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by dazzlesa@Jan 3 2006, 08:05 PM
ah what if&#39;s...
...and if I hadn&#39;t a&#39; blown up two engines being stupid with computers...especially when the stock one worked fine... - GA

Andy Bettencourt
01-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by dazzlesa@Jan 3 2006, 08:15 PM
do you or andy have more comparisons? crx,240sx,nx2000,1.8 miata

Sure!

240SX: 2530/140=18.07
Integra: 2480/140=17.71
NX2000: 2515/140=17.96
SE-R: 2490/140=17.79
Miata 1.6: 2205/118=18.69
Miata 1.8: 2380/128=18.59

Make of it what you will.

AB

JeffYoung
01-04-2006, 01:23 AM
What I make of it is that&#39;s a hell of a class. You guys should have a blast next year. Wish ITA was that strong in the SEDiv.......(or NCR anyway).

dominojd
01-04-2006, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Jan 4 2006, 03:32 AM
Sure!

240SX: 2530/140=18.07
Integra: 2480/140=17.71
NX2000: 2515/140=17.96
SE-R: 2490/140=17.79
Miata 1.6: 2205/118=18.69
Miata 1.8: 2380/128=18.59

Make of it what you will.

AB

What about the CRX Si
2140/108=19.81
How the hell is that thing so fast? :blink:

gran racing
01-04-2006, 09:21 AM
From what I&#39;ve heard, the CRX motor is very receptive to an IT engine build.

Tom Blaney
01-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by gran racing@Jan 4 2006, 09:21 AM
From what I&#39;ve heard, the CRX motor is very receptive to an IT engine build.

Dave is right, the D16A6 motor responds very well to a proper buildup. It will come alive in the right hands. Plus the car is very short, so it is nimble, and being very light, the tires and brakes last. The only downside that I have found (as some of my competitors have seen) is that at the limit the car is very twichy and will break loose in a heartbeat. So coming down the hill at LR it takes a lot of brass ones to keep your foot in it, where the Integra and even the Civic are much more forgiving.

Given that, and a in the hands of a patient "calm" (I know Ray I know) driver the car is a killer except at tracks with a lot of slow corners were the Integra&#39;s torque is king.

almracing
01-04-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Tom Blaney@Jan 4 2006, 01:43 PM
the car is very twichy and will break loose in a heartbeat.

And in the Oval at NHIS.... :( But I am working on it.

Anthony R.
ITA #86 NER

Tom Blaney
01-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by almracing@Jan 4 2006, 10:19 AM
And in the Oval at NHIS.... :( But I am working on it.

Anthony R.
ITA #86 NER

That&#39;s the worse place, I remember seeing the whites of Ray&#39;s eyes when it turned on me coming back onto turn 2 from the infield... DejaVu all over again.

How&#39;s the snow/ice at Wildcat?

7racing
01-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Tom Blaney@Jan 4 2006, 01:43 PM
The only downside that I have found (as some of my competitors have seen) is that at the limit the car is very twichy and will break loose in a heartbeat. So coming down the hill at LR it takes a lot of brass ones to keep your foot in it, where the Integra and even the Civic are much more forgiving.

I followed you through the downhill during qualifying once. Scared the crap out of me. Now I know you have the brass ones, so I won&#39;t lift next time you drop the left rear into the dirt at the exit (I didn&#39;t know a CRX would drift). :happy204:

Jeremy

dpc
01-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Just came back from Stratton, snow was great. Can&#39;t beat midweek skiing. dave

almracing
01-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Still no snow storms up here, but weather has been cold enough to make snow. Wildcat is supposidly in pretty good shape with some "firm" conditions at the top -- aka Ice. I skied Cranmore this morning... good conditions, but not many trails open.

The car that seems to love the oval is Brian Mushnik&#39;s Golf. It doesn&#39;t mind going thru the oval on 3 wheels.

Anthony R.
ITA #86 NER

dickita15
01-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by almracing@Jan 4 2006, 03:56 PM

The car that seems to love the oval is Brian Mushnik&#39;s Golf. It doesn&#39;t mind going thru the oval on 3 wheels.

I think that is because brian thinks he is still in a C car,
the scaryest guy i ever followed thru the downhill was Hunter in the CRX

Tkczecheredflag
01-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by dickita15@Jan 4 2006, 09:34 PM
I think that is because brian thinks he is still in a C car,
the scaryest guy i ever followed thru the downhill was Hunter in the CRX

I have video of Ritchie on two wheels at the apex of the downhill at LRP in his 1st Gen Civic Si. WILD

Tom Blaney
01-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Tkczecheredflag@Jan 4 2006, 11:17 PM
I have video of Ritchie on two wheels at the apex of the downhill at LRP in his 1st Gen Civic Si. WILD

Your correct, at one of the LR races I was doggin Richie down the hill, I saw that baby go up on two wheels and that bugger just kept on going. I was just waiting for the big endo and subsequent 5 rolls to a stop routine.

He is one wild driver, I often feel sorry for the car.... But the funny thing about it is after the race he&#39;s laughin his ass off about scaring the crap out of me.

He&#39;s a keeper

dazzlesa
01-05-2006, 11:44 AM
i hope he reads these. he was making fun of how i drive. i told him that he should see how he drives.sideways and 4 wheel drift all the way.

Doc Bro
01-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by dazzlesa@Jan 5 2006, 03:44 PM
i hope he reads these. he was making fun of how i drive. i told him that he should see how he drives.sideways and 4 wheel drift all the way.

I&#39;ve followed him a couple of times at NHIS and had great lap times!! Thanks Ritchie! :D
R

Racerboy03
01-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by gran racing@Jan 3 2006, 02:10 PM
Maybe a more important question...

Mark - At what race were all of those girls at? You didn&#39;t bring them down to the ARRC. :angry:

Dave,

LOL, that was the ALMS weekend at Lime Rock for the ITA/ITS race. That pic made my weekend since I broke during the race. Sorry they were not available for the ARRC, trust me, I tried...

-Mark

Tkczecheredflag
01-05-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Tom Blaney@Jan 5 2006, 02:45 PM
Your correct, at one of the LR races I was doggin Richie down the hill, I saw that baby go up on two wheels and that bugger just kept on going. I was just waiting for the big endo and subsequent 5 rolls to a stop routine.

He is one wild driver, I often feel sorry for the car.... But the funny thing about it is after the race he&#39;s laughin his ass off about scaring the crap out of me.

He&#39;s a keeper

Ditto that Tom :023:

gran racing
01-05-2006, 07:29 PM

I&#39;m pretty sure he doesn&#39;t. A couple of weeks ago I was up at his house and he was talking about how crazy I am. ??? I told him about the pictures posted on honda-tech of him "stretching" the pavement. Oh really Dave? Me? Ha, ha. Yeah you Richie!

Jake
01-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by dazzlesa@Jan 4 2006, 01:15 AM
do you or andy have more comparisons?

Here are all of them...

http://www.racerjake.com/ITDATA.xls

Andy Bettencourt
01-07-2006, 01:00 AM
Anyone have any pics or vidoe they could post a link to of these crazy slides or two wheel escapades?

Pllllllease????

AB

Andy Bettencourt
01-26-2006, 11:34 PM
Just reviewed the &#39;tentative&#39; Kakashi Racing schedule for Greg...

I will reiterate my original vote.

Greg Amy in 2006 (not without some Montego Blue paint on his rear bumper when he slows me up in the corners then rockets away from me on the straights!)

AB

lateapex911
01-26-2006, 11:48 PM
We watched some vids the other night and sure enough, there&#39;s Richie in his old Civic! On two wheels! Sideways! Slewing mud all over my car. Of course, you gotta give the guy room to wreck.....BIG mistake...he just motors away. Everytime. All part of the plan, right Richie?

Of course he IS the guy voted "Most likely to roll" every year, and every other year or so, he doesn&#39;t disappoint!

Skip Barber wouldn&#39;t call him "smooth", but he IS effective in his own way! A keeper indeed!

lateapex911
01-26-2006, 11:59 PM
yea, that&#39;s an impressive schedule! Almost 20 weekends in 6 months...hard to bet against him with that many events.

Better pack those trailer bearings Greg! (Has Matt seen that schedule??) ;)

Greg Amy
01-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by lateapex911@Jan 26 2006, 10:59 PM
...Almost 20 weekends in 6 months...
Nah, you guys are readin&#39; too much into that. That&#39;s just a list of races I *could* attend...as far as you know...

Actually, a lot of this year may be sans Matt; he&#39;s gotten himself involved with a three-car MX-5 Cup team. Once (if) that series finally gets rolling, he&#39;s going to be a busy boy...he&#39;ll still be doing prep and improvements on the NX, but unless something changes I expect Lawton and I will be leaning on each other for at-track support. - GA

JLawton
01-27-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by GregAmy@Jan 27 2006, 08:26 AM
I expect Lawton and I will be leaning on each other for at-track support. - GA

And then leaning on each other during the race!! :bash_1_:

dominojd
01-30-2006, 09:50 AM
And then leaning on each other during the race!! :bash_1_:
[/b]

You guys lean, I&#39;ll sneak by. :P

R2 Racing
01-31-2006, 02:11 PM
so i expect at lrp
integra
miata
crx
nx2000
240sx
saturn
anyone taken bets?
[/b]

If you guys all decide to do a Watkins Glen weekend, I&#39;m so there! :023:

I&#39;d love to get out to LRP this year, but it&#39;s not looking very likely.

dazzlesa
01-31-2006, 04:01 PM
my plan is is to go to the glen july 23&24, and one or 2 of the dates in september.

p99ro
02-11-2006, 12:36 AM
I have the Best.
I put my camera in his car at the ARRC since I broke my tranny.
The man is wild. You know when you watch a video and after a while it gets a little boring if its someone else`s. But evertime I`m ready to turn it off he goes wild or throught some other part of the track. At the ARRC he drove so hard that he blew his right front on the last lap just made the checker. But the wildest thing I saw was Justin from Meccanic Shop North. He was on the back straight at the ARRC flat out at probaly 125 mph before the down hill to the last turn. I heard a SCREEEECTH looked in my mirroir and saw smoke and a hood up over his windsheild. Woow. :cavallo:
If I could figure out how to load video I would look up a greatest off out of the tape.
Scott CRXsi 07 NER ITA