PDA

View Full Version : anyone leaving SCCA ITB for NASA HC H5?

tom91ita
12-26-2005, 03:40 PM
is anyone in CEN DIV or elsewhere thinking about going to H5 next year?

the NASA championship at Mid-Ohio has a certain appeal but there are so few cars that run H5 around here that it could be for naught when it comes to meeting the invite requirements.

i too have not decided but am wondering if there is any interest.

well? Ed? Sam?

tom

Catch22
12-26-2005, 10:32 PM
Trained corner workers are appealing too.
:unsure:

H5Civic
12-27-2005, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by tom91ita+Dec 26 2005, 07:40 PM-->
is anyone in CEN DIV or elsewhere thinking about going to H5 next year?

the NASA championship at Mid-Ohio has a certain appeal but there are so few cars that run H5 around here that it could be for naught when it comes to meeting the invite requirements.

i too have not decided but am wondering if there is any interest.

well? Ed? Sam?

tom

[/b]

Tom,

My H5/ITC car is now in Texas, I'll be racing in H4/ITA next year. If you compete in the races needed to qualify for the Nationals (5 points awarding events), then I'm positive that you will have some H5 competition to race with (more than the 4 required competitors). I can think of atleast 5 or 6 racers who will be coming from the ECHC, let alone all the other regions.

<!--QuoteBegin-Catch22
Trained corner workers are appealing too.

Just so you know Scott, Lake Erie Communications will be covering the corner working duties for the Nationals. This is the same group who handles all of the "Pro" race groups including ALMS, Grand Am, SWC, Super Cycle, and the Runoffs (in years past). I don&#39;t think that trained corner workers needs to be an issue for this event, or any of the NASA events that are held at Mid Ohio. If you don&#39;t believe me, contact our mutual friend Mr. Ruck, and see what he has to say.

Regards,

Sam

Catch22
12-27-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by H5Civic@Dec 27 2005, 12:55 AM
Just so you know Scott, Lake Erie Communications will be covering the corner working duties for the Nationals.

Good.
A step in the right direction.

NASA supporters get mad at me for sharing some of this stuff, but frankly I don&#39;t care. I&#39;m a racer, and like many racers I don&#39;t want to find out there there are only 16 corner workers on a 12 turn track (many of them just "bodies" recruited from the paddock) on the formation lap. I&#39;ve seen stuff like this multiple times at NASA events.
Also, NASA MA and NASA SE have talked about crash and burn schools for their workers for the past 4 years. To my knowledge, they have yet to have such a school, and therefore are mostly using untrained folks that are working for free DE time.

Thats fine if you&#39;re OK with that.
I&#39;m not OK with it. And I&#39;m just sharing with other folks who also might not be fine with it.

R2 Racing
12-27-2005, 06:28 PM
Lake Erie Communications is an absolutely fantastic group of people who are excellent at their job - we&#39;re lucky to have them on board and won&#39;t have any problem in that area. :happy204: I&#39;m more worried about how many sticks I&#39;ll need to bring to beat the ricers back with. :P

I also think that H5 has a very good shot at being the 3rd largest Honda Challenge class at the championships behind H4 and H1.