PDA

View Full Version : Kirkey Road race seat

tdw6974
12-25-2005, 10:49 PM
Topic sums it up The Deluxe is Much higher priced and the only difference I can see is the deluxe has a lower panel added to bottom so a side mount floor mount can be used and appears to have some vents in lower back of seat and Velour seat cover? Both cars we bought have OMP seats that have bad covers and will require seat braces to be used per GCR. In reading some of the "sales" literature appears the compositite seat manufactures do not want holes drill in the seat back. So looking to use a Kirkey as they seem to readily available. Thanks For Info TW

22timber
12-25-2005, 10:58 PM
Tom,
I'm not sure of the exact difference between the intermediate and the deluxe, but I have an intermediate Kirkey road race seat and I'm very happy with it. One good thing about the aluminum seats is that you can drill holes wherever you need them.

Mark Lapos
MARRS ITS RX7 #23

Matt Rowe
12-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by 22timber@Dec 25 2005, 09:58 PM
Tom,
I'm not sure of the exact difference between the intermediate and the deluxe, but I have an intermediate Kirkey road race seat and I'm very happy with it. One good thing about the aluminum seats is that you can drill holes wherever you need them.

Mark Lapos
MARRS ITS RX7 #23

The biggest difference I found when I researched this is the deluxe has quite a bit of milling done to the sides and back to reduce weight while maintaining support. I couldn't tell you what the weight difference is, I just know it wasn't enough for me to justify the extra money.