PDA

View Full Version : Pre season tech near ATL offered?

RussMcB
12-25-2005, 01:26 PM
Just wondering if anyone is organizing a pre season annual tech event.

Thanks.

Russ McBride
Marietta, GA

wbp
12-25-2005, 04:41 PM
Chattanooga Region has an annual tech day scheduled for February 11 at the Rivergate Race Prep Shop. See directions on the SCCA page at:
www.rivergate5speed.com

Maybe too far for you, but anyone is welcomed.
It's always a fun day at the shop. DIY corner weighting is available at no charge to any SCCA racer.

We hope to see lots of you there.

SPiFF
12-26-2005, 03:16 AM
OPM usually has one before the Feb school.

tom_sprecher
12-26-2005, 12:35 PM
What did we do last year since Mr. Sund moved? Otherwise, if you find some other way let me know.

RussMcB
12-26-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by tom_sprecher@Dec 26 2005, 04:35 PM
What did we do last year since Mr. Sund moved? Otherwise, if you find some other way let me know.

Last year I did it at the track the night before the first race. That's an option, but I'm not just re-teching a car that I've raced in the past. The biggest problem with that option is the inspector might not like something and you could find yourself in a bind. Also, I think the tech guys appreciate it when fewer cars show up at the early races needing annual inspections.

I've heard that OPM has hosted annual tech sessions in the past. That's what I'd like to do but I haven't heard anything yet. My hunch is that it may already be planned, but word has not gotten out yet about when it will be held.

It was nice when Roger Sund was a local neighbor and could pop in for a few minutes and do the tech. No loading up, travelling, unloading, etc...

DavidM
12-27-2005, 03:47 PM
Tristan and the other guys in the shop where he keeps his car had a tech day last year that I attended. They moved their shop so I'm not sure if they plan on having one this year or not. It was at the end of January/begining of February last year as I recall. Tristan usually posts something here if they have one. Their new shop is in Decatur.

David

Tristan Smith
12-28-2005, 02:58 PM
I'll start the process of seeing if we can set up out annaul tech. We're are now in Decatur by the International Farmer's market. I'll post when I have some info.

tbtapper
12-30-2005, 04:41 PM
We usually have a pre season tech in Greenville, SC. (Precision Performance Corvettes).

Not sure the date but I will post as soon as I know. Herb O'Toole does the deed.

Travers
ITS 19

Tristan Smith
01-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Gary D'Abate and I are e-mailing now top see what we can set up. I will shoot for the last week of Jan or the first week of February.

RussMcB
01-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Great. That time frame is perfect, for me and my buddy getting his new car prepped for the Roebling driver's school. Thank you (and Gary) for organizing this.

CaptainWho
01-06-2006, 01:52 AM
Travers, please post the date for the Greenville inspections as soon as you hear. I don't really want to drag the car up there for inspection, but I may have to.

Also, OPM in Cumming has done one occasionally. Has anyone heard if they're going to do it this year? IIRC it was in January before.

Tristan Smith
01-09-2006, 03:27 PM
It's not official yet (we are working on that now) but we will be shooting for January 28th (Saturday). Usually goes on as long as people show up with their cars and is necessary. Our new shop space is over by the International Farmers Market on Ponce DeLeon. Hopefully we will have this confirmed in the next couple of days.

RussMcB
01-09-2006, 03:48 PM
That's great, Tristan. Thanks for organizing and hosting.

I tried to get an idea of the location but haven't had much luck locating the International Farmers Market in Decatur on Ponce de Leon. What is the street address of your shop?

Russ

Originally posted by Tristan Smith@Jan 9 2006, 07:27 PM
It's not official yet (we are working on that now) but we will be shooting for January 28th (Saturday). Usually goes on as long as people show up with their cars and is necessary. Our new shop space is over by the International Farmers Market on Ponce DeLeon. Hopefully we will have this confirmed in the next couple of days.