PDA

View Full Version : Stolen race car

pgipson
12-23-2005, 10:31 PM
Some of you might know Joe Skorch, a longtime racer here in the PHX area. I am reposting this for broader exposure.

Last night (Thursday 12/22) my racecar and trailer were taken from my shop in Phoenix. The trailer was been recovered without the car or any spares inside. The car was my yelow 2nd gen, RX7 EP. 2 sets of Panasports were also taken with Goodyear slicks mounted on them. I am not sure of what they would want a car like this for but please be aware of it if you see it on E-Bay or some other outlet. Thanks for any help that I can get. Joe Skorch

Davis
12-24-2005, 12:30 AM
The following link will take you to the original post and links to some photos. http://www.coloradoscca.org/prodcar/viewtopic.php?t=5480

Davis
12-30-2005, 11:52 PM
The stolen car has been found! :happy204: Sometimes there is a happy ending! Thanks everyone for keeping their eyes and ears open. :023:

MMiskoe
01-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Just out of curiosity, was there any available information on why it was stolen ie what did the bastard think he/she was going to do w/ such a unique car? (unique in the idea that its not streetable, and a car that age is not a target for stripping since parts cars are readily avialable.)

I've seen a few posts for stolen racecars & often wondered, outside of joyriding, what would you do with one. This world of road racing is not that big, you'd think it woud be pretty hard to fence stuff.

Great news it got returned, I hope the guilty party gets at least one of their fingers cut off.

Matt