PDA

View Full Version : GP Runoffs Race

backformore
12-14-2005, 10:40 PM
The GP race from the runoffs this year was excellent! It also included some folks who've spent some time in IT (Chris Albin for ex.). I TiVo'd and watched it(I was also there to see it live). Unfortunately, I accidentely erased it after watching it.

Anybody have it recorded who would be able to send me a copy on DVD or VCR?

If so, please email me [email protected]

Rory

lateapex911
12-16-2005, 02:30 AM
I'll check my TIVO...but I DID save the EP race! Now THAT was outa control! As was the T3 race.

RacerBill
12-16-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by backformore@Dec 14 2005, 10:40 PM
The GP race from the runoffs this year was excellent! It also included some folks who've spent some time in IT (Chris Albin for ex.). I TiVo'd and watched it(I was also there to see it live). Unfortunately, I accidentely erased it after watching it.

Rory

I'll check as well. I should have it.

backformore
12-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Anyone have any luck? Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Rory

Chris Wire
12-22-2005, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by lateapex911@Dec 16 2005, 01:30 AM
I'll check my TIVO...but I DID save the EP race! Now THAT was outa control! As was the T3 race.

The EP race was indeed out of control.......of all the drivers. Sorry to say it, but it makes us look like a bunch of racing hacks. Between AS and EP the past few years, I don't think I've ever seen so many bonehead moves outside of an oval.

racer14itc
12-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by backformore@Dec 15 2005, 02:40 AM

Rory

Lessee, some of the drivers who have raced in IT that were in that GP race: Kevin Dennis (raced ITC a long time ago), Andy Deatherage (ITB before GP with the 'zuki), Chuck Mathis (ARRC Winner), Chris Albin (ARRC Winner), Greg Gauper (Civic), Terry Boylan (Civic), Barry Brannon (Nissan 210), Dick Gagliardi (ITB Scirocco now GP), and some guy named Coffin :D .

I have a copy of it on VHS, and also the in-car footage from my car during the race. If anyone's interested, PM me and I can get a copy made for you.

MC

ddewhurst
12-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Mark, with the great progression your team has made in a few short years moving through the field I'll wait untill next year for the in-car footage. I want to view the race not in 14th place, not in 6th place but closer to the front from within car 14.

racer14itc
12-22-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by ddewhurst@Dec 22 2005, 02:40 PM
Mark, with the great progression your team has made in a few short years moving through the field I'll wait untill next year for the in-car footage. I want to view the race not in 14th place, not in 6th place but closer to the front from within car 14.

Boy, with Prather, Mathis, Albin, Church, Dennis, Deatherage, Wessel, Gallagher, et. al. returning to Topeka next year, breaking into the top 5 again will be TOUGH. And if guys like Reichenbach return it'll be even harder. And there'll be a couple of fast Honda CRX's and Civics right in the mix as well, now that they got some deserved competition adjustments. But we're going to be right in there giving it a good try! :cavallo:

Boy, wouldn't it be nice to be interviewed by John Bisignano, Sandy Heng or Krista Voda after the race?? :023:

MC

Greg Gauper
12-22-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by racer14itc@Dec 22 2005, 09:31 AM
Lessee, some of the drivers who have raced in IT that were in that GP race: Kevin Dennis (raced ITC a long time ago), Andy Deatherage (ITB before GP with the 'zuki), Chuck Mathis (ARRC Winner), Chris Albin (ARRC Winner), Greg Gauper (Civic), Terry Boylan (Civic), Barry Brannon (Nissan 210), Dick Gagliardi (ITB Scirocco now GP), and some guy named Coffin :D .

I have a copy of it on VHS, and also the in-car footage from my car during the race. If anyone's interested, PM me and I can get a copy made for you.

MC

FYI - Mark,

That was Bob Kelly driving the Scirocco, not Dick Gagliardi. Bob drove the car in Nationals and Dick drove it in Regionals. It was an ex-ITB car. In fact, until the Runoffs it was basically an ITB car with slicks. For the Runoffs, they finally put their Bertils motor in. Wow! Let's just say GP in Cen-Div got a whole lot tougher for 2006.

I think the GP race at Topeka is going to be a blast in 2006!

loopracing
12-24-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Greg Gauper@Dec 22 2005, 12:08 PM
FYI - Mark,

That was Bob Kelly driving the Scirocco, not Dick Gagliardi. Bob drove the car in Nationals and Dick drove it in Regionals. It was an ex-ITB car. In fact, until the Runoffs it was basically an ITB car with slicks. For the Runoffs, they finally put their Bertils motor in. Wow! Let's just say GP in Cen-Div got a whole lot tougher for 2006.

I think the GP race at Topeka is going to be a blast in 2006!

loopracing
12-24-2005, 06:30 PM
Greg, thanks for clarifying. I was just about to. I hate when people confuse me with Bob. It's easy to remember,I'm the smart one and he's just a big fleshy piece of equipment I uese to make the car go. :D
That race was great to watch, got me pumped againfor 2006. Greg, we need the name of your PR guy. I thought I was watching the "Everyone loves Greg" show. :D
We hope we can make it to Topeka this year too, But I really can't wait for the Sprints!!!!