PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Spec Miata located in Lowell, Mass.

ddewhurst
12-14-2005, 08:34 PM
This 1996 Spec Miata has been in SportsCar for sale. Raced four times in the last two years. Anyone ever see this car race or know anything about the car, year built, owner, driver, car history ?

Thanks <_<

[email protected]

RSTPerformance
12-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Dave-

I work in Lowell (I pretend anyway), would be glad to go check it out someday... Let me know what you are looking for exactly, and at least you could see if was worth your while to make the trip...

Raymond

7racing
12-15-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance@Dec 15 2005, 01:20 AM
Dave-

I work in Lowell (I pretend anyway), would be glad to go check it out someday... Let me know what you are looking for exactly, and at least you could see if was worth your while to make the trip...

Raymond

I live right in the area. Not sure on the car, but I just got SportsCar and will check the ad to see if I know who or where. I can do a driveby and see what&#39;s up. I *think* I know where this is located (I&#39;ve seen a Miata on an open trailer on a side road once). Maybe I&#39;ll swing by tonight.....

Jeremy

ddewhurst
12-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Thanks Raymond & Jeremy, I&#39;ll call the for sale number after I hear from you Jeremy. My first question would be is the car looking good from the outside. After I call the owner I will list my questions with a side e-mail that I asked him & will ask one of you to please take a look & talk to the owner.

Please don&#39;t ask why I&#39;m looking at the dark side. Spec Miata is allready rough on the sheet metal deal & going National will only increase the intensity.

Thanks ;)

7racing
12-19-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by ddewhurst@Dec 15 2005, 09:14 PM
Thanks Raymond & Jeremy, I&#39;ll call the for sale number after I hear from you Jeremy. My first question would be is the car looking good from the outside. After I call the owner I will list my questions with a side e-mail that I asked him & will ask one of you to please take a look & talk to the owner.

Please don&#39;t ask why I&#39;m looking at the dark side. Spec Miata is allready rough on the sheet metal deal & going National will only increase the intensity.

Thanks ;)

Dave,

I took a look around but didn&#39;t see anything where I thought it was. I saw an ad in SportsCar for the #72 SM (baby blue in color) and I assume that is the one you were referring to? I know the number/color scheme as Joe Traut&#39;s car, built/prepped/maintained by Dave Woodle Motorsports (www.dwwmotorsports.com the car is not listed on that site&#39;s classifieds, though). They are located in Groton, MA, which is about 20 minutes south of Lowell. I would drop in there, but I don&#39;t know the location of the shop.

PM me and we can chat more about DWWMotorsports and what I may/may not know about the car.

Jeremy