PDA

View Full Version : SEDIV ITA Drivers...

Catch22
12-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Hey guys,

I put together a Yahoo group for ITA folks that plan to run ECRs in 2006.

Lately, there are so many options in our division (SARRC, ECR, Pro IT, CCPS) that it seems the competition is getting spread kind of thin. So I thought I'd put together a place where folks that are planning to run ECRs can discuss which races they plan to attend.
After all, its no fun to tow 10 hours and be the only car in your class that showed up.

ITA looked pretty thin in ECR last year, but this year it looks like it will make a comeback. New guy Christian Shipp and I will be campaigning his car (the ex-Richy Gonzalez CRX), Bowie Gray with be doing some races in his Miata with Karl Shultz, Evan Darling is planning a few, and hopefully we'll see a return or former champ Adam Richman in his new car.
Thats just what I've heard of. I'm sure theres more.

So if you plan to join us, join us here...
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SEDIVITAECR/

For those who havent run ECRs, it remains the best deal for your entry dollar. Most races (except Road Atlanta, and hopefully they'll reduce their extra driver fee this year) have an entry fee of less than $250 and you can split it with a co-driver. That usually gets you about 2 hours of seat time (1.5 hour race and 15 minutes each practice and qualify)
Compare that to 1 hour for SARRC, at $175, and you don't have to be a math whiz.

We'll see you guys out there.

Scott Giles

charrbq
12-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Scott,
Does this mean you aren't going to build another C car? Have you given up hope? You were one of the guys I had my eye on when comparing lap times. I'm a long way from you, but I could at least shoot for a relatively close qualifying time. :(

Catch22
12-11-2005, 06:11 PM
No Chris.
The car was very very totalled, and I don't have the funds to build another one. I sold the wreck to a couple of guys in Ohio who plan to resurrect the usable parts.

My friend Christian had already bought an ITA car, and had asked me to do a couple of enduros with him next year before my car was written off. As a result of the ARRC crash, and my subsequent lack of race car, Christian has stepped up and offered me a co-drive for the season. Basically we're going for the ITA ECR championship.

I loved my car, but I'm actually kind of looking forward to doing some racing without the hassle of prepping the car. The idea of just showing up with my gear and racing is pretty damned appealing.
B)

charrbq
12-12-2005, 11:19 AM
I thought that was the reason for racing a Honda...no real preparation. That's my approach. Come to think of it, maybe that's why I'm always so far behind you. Well, you know that the ARRC champion's car is for sale. Better hurry before I get to pick through the good parts! :D

Miata49
12-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Thanks for setting up the Yahoo groups Scott. I am just about through with the new race car. Got out of Spec Pinata and am building a Sentra SE-R and am going to concentrate on the ECR series as well. Glad to see that there will be good competition for the championship :smilie_pokal: I guess I need to change my yahoo name.
Steve

specialtyautomo
12-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Wahoo. Steve can't wait to drive that moster with you. Scott we should have some good fun. I introduced Steve to FWD and I think he is getting it figured out!After Greg Amy's lap times at the ARRCI think that may be the car to have in ITA!! :023:

Catch22
12-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Greg definately had everyone covered on the back straight, even the Integras.
Bring it on Steve!!! We'll have a blast.

We're currently making some upgrades on Christians car, and he's a pretty quick autocrosser. Once we get things sorted out I think we'll be something to be reckoned with.

Chris...
I actually did a good bit of prep, for an ITC car that is. I prefer that myself be the only excuse I have, and that was the case. My car was capable of beating anybody, anywhere. I was the X factor.
Sometimes I won. Sometimes I threatened to win. And once I watched a championship race from a gravel trap.
:smilie_pokal:

zracre
12-13-2005, 10:13 AM
I already can't wait for the ARRC 2006!!! I have the motor in and gear in (too little too late for 2005 ARRC) now so I will run it in a few races this year (not doing full SARRC schedule) in prep for 2006 ARRC. I will run it at the Daytona ECR and probably the Atlanta one in July...I'm racing the new SM in nationals and going to support races with my racing partner in the miata (getting his lic in roebling in Feb)...

charrbq
12-13-2005, 12:24 PM
Dang Evan, you got that Miata puppie whipped right out! I haven't even had a chance to figure out what all Francis blew up in my engine. Hopefully, we'll see you guys at Daytona in May. I'll try to stay out of the way. That is, unless the new motor and carb work together as well as expected. If that's the case, then you can draft. :D

zracre
12-13-2005, 05:00 PM
Daytona is going to be a blast! we are splitting the miata in the enduro sat, I'm running the national in it then sunday im running the teg and christian is running the miata in ITA...needless to say we will probably need pit crew!

charrbq
12-13-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by zracre@Dec 13 2005, 09:00 PM
Daytona is going to be a blast! we are splitting the miata in the enduro sat, I'm running the national in it then sunday im running the teg and christian is running the miata in ITA...needless to say we will probably need pit crew!

Lordy, that much racing in one weekend! My pit crews are getting trimmed due to work and wild women (Rebstock). I may have to rent a bus to supply the needed personnel for one weekend. :lol:

Catch22
12-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Schedule database added.

You can go in and add your projected schedule.

ECR ITA Schedule (http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SEDIVITAECR/database?method=reportRows&tbl=1)

Xian
12-16-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Catch22@Dec 11 2005, 05:11 PM
My friend Christian had already bought an ITA car, and had asked me to do a couple of enduros with him next year before my car was written off. As a result of the ARRC crash, and my subsequent lack of race car, Christian has stepped up and offered me a co-drive for the season. Basically we're going for the ITA ECR championship.
Yep, we're on for next season. :D All the pieces are coming together... I think the car is gonna be pretty stellar by Feb.

Christian

Catch22
03-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Well, now that the season has actually started we're putting some effort into this.

The database is still there, so go in and list what races you plan to attend.

Also, Bowie is very unofficially tracking points since it sometimes takes forever for things to appear on the SEDIV website. This is completely unofficial, but will very likely be correct about 99% of the time. This file is an excel spreadsheet and can be found under the "files" section of the website (go figure).

The first couple of races have seen nice ITA turnouts. Great news!
And the double at VIR looks like it will have a very strong ITA turnout.

ITA ECR Yahoo Group (http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SEDIVITAECR/)

See you guys at VIR!

PS - Christian, we're already way behind in the points. Eat your wheaties :rolleyes: