PDA

View Full Version : Victory Lane Karting

Phat-S
12-05-2005, 11:01 PM
I have shot some emails back and forth with a couple local IT folks about getting together on a weekend day at Victory Lane Karting (not sure a weekday evening is convenient for most). Is anyone in the area interested in getting together for something like this in the off-season?

Victory Lane Karting (http://www.victorylanekarting.com/) is an indoor facility in Charlotte, NC. Its been redesigned this year and its (for me at least) quite a challenge. Is there any interest in getting an IT crowd together for this (NASA folks too)? If there were enough interest (i.e. people), we could probably do an enduro.

Thoughts?

RacerBowie
12-06-2005, 08:01 AM
I'm interested, but it would probably have to be in January. My December is toast, and February is looking pretty crowded already!

Bowie

Team SSR
12-06-2005, 08:46 AM
Color us at www.saltedslugracing.com (http://www.saltedslugracing.com) interested!

latebrake
12-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Team SSR@Dec 6 2005, 08:46 AM
Color us at www.saltedslugracing.com (http://www.saltedslugracing.com) interested!

The NASA 944 Cup guys do this all the time in the Richmond,Va. area. They post it on their web site. Big deal with them and they have a great time.

Lawrence

RacerBill
12-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by latebrake@Dec 6 2005, 11:36 AM
The NASA 944 Cup guys do this all the time in the Richmond,Va. area. They post it on their web site. Big deal with them and they have a great time.

Lawrence

While I have not visited the Victory Lane Karting center, I have been racing karts indoors every week for about 4 years, and will second the opinion that it is great fun. These karts are not your amusement park variety. We also run enduros several times a year. Eight minutes in a kart can be a real workout - half an hour at a time is almost torture. At our last race, after two hours, the second to seventh place teams were all on the same lap!

Definitely fills the winter need for speed! :happy204:

racer14itc
12-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Phat-S@Dec 6 2005, 03:01 AM
I have shot some emails back and forth with a couple local IT folks about getting together on a weekend day at Victory Lane Karting (not sure a weekday evening is convenient for most). Is anyone in the area interested in getting together for something like this in the off-season?

Victory Lane Karting (http://www.victorylanekarting.com/) is an indoor facility in Charlotte, NC. Its been redesigned this year and its (for me at least) quite a challenge. Is there any interest in getting an IT crowd together for this (NASA folks too)? If there were enough interest (i.e. people), we could probably do an enduro.

Thoughts?

Do they have FWD karts? :eclipsee_steering: Be good practice during the off season. :P

MC

latebrake
12-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by RacerBill@Dec 6 2005, 01:26 PM
While I have not visited the Victory Lane Karting center, I have been racing karts indoors every week for about 4 years, and will second the opinion that it is great fun. These karts are not your amusement park variety. We also run enduros several times a year. Eight minutes in a kart can be a real workout - half an hour at a time is almost torture. At our last race, after two hours, the second to seventh place teams were all on the same lap!

Definitely fills the winter need for speed! :happy204:

A word to the wise, wear some kind of mouth guard/tooth protection. Just the grinding/rough ride will crack teeth. A dentist friend says he repairs Kart teeth cracks a lot. HA Must be a rough game.

Lawrence

Racerboy03
12-06-2005, 07:44 PM
Hey Adam,

I am down, let me know when you guys are doing it. I won't be hear from Dec. 18th to Jan. 7th for winter break, but let me know!

-Mark

CaptainWho
12-06-2005, 09:32 PM
If the timing is right, one or both of us could be there. Righty lives near Spartanburg, SC, and I'm in the northern suburbs of Atlanta, but our Dad lives northwest of Charlotte, maybe half an hour from Victory Lane, and Righty knows the management at Victory Lane.

krshultz
12-06-2005, 11:03 PM
I'd be down. A few years ago, a bunch of us from honda-tech.com did an enduro down there. We were leading until the throttle cable snapped ;) A good time was had by all.

FWIW, a weekday evening would be good for me only for the last two weeks of December. Beyond that, varying on family obligations and whatnot, I'd have to see.

Phat-S
12-07-2005, 12:57 PM
I got few emails that say some similar things - general interest but I think we will have some scheduling difficulties. Anyone want to throw out a few different times/dates on the wall and see if they work for the majority?

SSR, Karl and Integra Mark C - if you guys want to do a weekday evening, let me know.

VW Mark C, I hope they don't make FWDs - its hard enough to steer these things for 10 minutes w/out torque steer.

Metalman, Seckerich, Carter, Matt ... you guys lurking out there? Any interest?

I will ask a friend that works there and see if he knows of any available dates to perhaps get some options out there.

rx7racer1
12-07-2005, 06:49 PM
I ran there with my two sons the wednesday before thanksgiving and had a ball but should have put the visor down as i lost a contact in the second race. They do an enduro either the first or second sunday of each month that my son who lives in charlotte goes to. I think it's $50. You can bring a group or they will pair you up with someone. While waiting to make a second run I saw a familiar face...NASCAR's Kenny Wallace!! We had a nice chat and he is really friendly and apparently goes there alot.

Hotshoe
12-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by RacerBowie@Dec 6 2005, 12:01 PM
I'm interested, but it would probably have to be in January. My December is toast, and February is looking pretty crowded already!

Bowie

....If Bowie is going then I have to go......

.. LMK ..

. Rick

Bryan Shugg
12-09-2005, 10:25 AM
This sounds like a great time. Thanks for the invite! Karl will be there too?!? Sweet! It doesn't surprise me that Karl's cart had a throttle cable that snapped. Although, I would have expected it to have a problem with a brake caliper bolt or something...

I can do this between Jan 8-20. I can rally up some more troops if you need me to, Adam.

Bryan

Phat-S
12-13-2005, 10:44 AM
So it appears we could do the Sunday LeMans on the second Sunday of January (or February - but I'd think folks will already be getting their schedules on by then). I'd like to think we could alse gather enough interest to get a group together between the IT and Nasa SE folks to do one at the end of January. So between Jan 8th (second Sunday of the month no?) or trying to do our own thing on Jan 15th, Jan 22nd or Jan 29th, does anyone have a strong preference?

Parrish57
12-13-2005, 11:48 AM
I don't have my January work schedule yet, but the 8th looks pretty good so far. I'm sure I can get my brother to come as well. I've been to VLK a few times and absolutely loved it!

Steve Parrish

Bryan88
12-31-2005, 11:51 AM
I'm definitely interested.........just post when you want to meet
over there......I only live 10 minutes from VLK......

Bryan Parrish