PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Trot on my laps

Goodrad
11-29-2005, 07:51 PM
How long does it take for results to be posted on My Laps .com. I thought they were real Time.

Hammer
11-29-2005, 10:03 PM
I think CFR has to download the file to mylaps. It will probably be on there in the next couple of days.

Mattberg
12-01-2005, 06:58 PM
A week later and still no results. Pretty sad in this day and age. :angry:

Bruce Shafer
12-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Mattberg@Dec 1 2005, 05:58 PM
A week later and still no results. Pretty sad in this day and age. :angry:

When you posted this it had only been 4 days since the event concluded, not a week.

The person I know in timing and scoring has a full time job and has had commitments every evening this week.

T&S is a volunteer job. So either you volunteer or keep your mouth shut when it comes to results being posted in a timely fashion.

Andy Bettencourt
12-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Bruce Shafer@Dec 2 2005, 02:50 PM
When you posted this it had only been 4 days since the event concluded, not a week.

The person I know in timing and scoring has a full time job and has had commitments every evening this week.

T&S is a volunteer job. So either you volunteer or keep your mouth shut when it comes to results being posted in a timely fashion.

Bruce,

That is no way to talk to Matt. You know his job within the SCCA isn't to HELP, it's to point out where the black helicopters are parked, where they are taking off from and where their destination is...in other words, he is sick of people telling him to be part of the solution because it is enough to just point out the problem so others can be held accountable. Many thanks to him for his hard work over the years. :rolleyes:

Geez Bruce, you are a real pill. :D :P :lol:

Mattberg
12-02-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Dec 2 2005, 09:12 PM
Bruce,

That is no way to talk to Matt. You know his job within the SCCA isn't to HELP, it's to point out where the black helicopters are parked, where they are taking off from and where their destination is...in other words, he is sick of people telling him to be part of the solution because it is enough to just point out the problem so others can be held accountable. Many thanks to him for his hard work over the years. :rolleyes:

An automated real time system is a simple deal. I could have written an on-line registration and real time scoring system myself. I even offered to at one point. Heck I wrote WinTools in less than six months. Admiral John Poindexter did help out. I think we sold three million copies or something like that the first year. :023:

But then Andy and Bruce are software experts who think they know a better way but it depends on manual entry and a five day wait. You guys are hilarious. You have NO IDEA what you're talking about.

Bruce Shafer
12-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Mattberg@Dec 2 2005, 04:54 PM
An automated real time system is a simple deal. I could have written an on-line registration and real time scoring system myself. I even offered to at one point. Heck I wrote WinTools in less than six months. Admiral John Poindexter did help out. I think we sold three million copies or something like that the first year. :023:

But then Andy and Bruce are software experts who think they know a better way but it depends on manual entry and a five day wait. You guys are hilarious. You have NO IDEA what you're talking about.

I don't recall Andy or I submitting a software proposal to change timing and scoring. I have no idea what you were referring to in your post.

We (and I'm speaking for Andy) accept the time, work, and effort others put into this club. I know where I finished and I'm sure most everybody else does too.

BTW, your accomplishments are most impressive. :P

Mattberg
12-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Hey Bruce. How about I meet you over at 911 Bourbon St. and I buy you a beer. I guarantee after talking for a couple of minutes you'll see things a different way. :023:

its66
12-03-2005, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Bruce Shafer@Dec 2 2005, 10:47 PM
<DELETE> I know where I finished and I&#39;m sure most everybody else does too.

<DEL>. :P

yeah..ahead of me...again. :(

That&#39;s ok, just don&#39;t tell Sherri that I pulled that fuse jsut so she could pass me on the first lap ;)

Mattberg
12-03-2005, 08:15 AM
Results are up at CFR website! :023:

Hammer
12-03-2005, 02:12 PM
The results are up on mylaps. My finish was the same as last week and I did not get any faster.

Body shop.

I thought you stopped your car on Saturday so I could get the backview of your car on my video to go with the front view on Saturday.

its66
12-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Hammer@Dec 3 2005, 06:12 PM
The results are up on mylaps. My finish was the same as last week and I did not get any faster.

Body shop.

I thought you stopped your car on Saturday so I could get the backview of your car on my video to go with the front view on Saturday.

Exactly. I had to slow down and stop so you could get a good look at the back bumper also. I guess I just forgot to start it again.

You want me to pick up your trophy for you tonight??

congrats :smilie_pokal:

Hammer
12-03-2005, 04:08 PM
That would be great. Make sure to thank all my sponsors and my crew in the acceptance speech :happy204:

charrbq
12-05-2005, 03:59 PM
:lol:
Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Dec 2 2005, 09:12 PM
Bruce,

That is no way to talk to Matt. You know his job within the SCCA isn&#39;t to HELP, it&#39;s to point out where the black helicopters are parked, where they are taking off from and where their destination is...in other words, he is sick of people telling him to be part of the solution because it is enough to just point out the problem so others can be held accountable. Many thanks to him for his hard work over the years. :rolleyes: