PDA

View Full Version : Merkur Parts

dave parker
11-23-2005, 04:41 PM
One of my friends, against my advice, bought a Merkur XR4Ti. He needs motor mounts for it. Any suggestions on where to get these?

It is a street car. But I figured the ford racers might know this one.

Thanks
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC-> HP #97

Ron Earp
11-23-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by dave parker@Nov 23 2005, 08:41 PM
One of my friends, against my advice, bought a Merkur XR4Ti. He needs motor mounts for it. Any suggestions on where to get these?

It is a street car. But I figured the ford racers might know this one.

Thanks
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC-> HP #97

They should be the same as the Mustang SVO 84-86 mount. I say should, because I know the fox chassis is slightly different from that chassis, but the transmission and engines are the same. If that does not work I would bet that the mounts from a Cosworth Sierra , sold in England, will be the same and those are readily available overseas. In fact, any 2.3L Mustang mounts might work because I don't know for certain that 2.3L NA have different mounts than the 2.3L Turbo engines.

You could also try the Thunderbird TurboCoupe mounts from 84-88 since the same engine and driveline are present there too.

Excellent little cars and can be made very fast. I used to have an 86 SVO and with about 22-25lbs of boost the little fellow could put down 310-320 at the wheel. More was easily obtainable with a cam swap, cheap and easy, and turbo upgrade to a T04E/50 compressor trim with T3 turbine. Hybrid setup. Go to a large Volvp front mount intercooler for cheap power and durability, plus, you can go to a large valve head too if you are inclined. www.corral.net is a good source, and I have seen some of the SVO mills making 420+ rwhp with $2.5k of investment. Bottom end are stout pieces, leave them along until they pop.

Gregg
11-23-2005, 06:10 PM
Dave-

I couldn't belive my eyes but there were four or five XR4Ti's sitting outside one of the Gasoline Alley garages at Summit during drivers school. Maybe a midnight recon mission?

Kidding....

mowog
11-23-2005, 10:35 PM
Hartwood Auto, I think it's in Fredricksburg, VA.

What time is that raid? I need a transmission. :D

dave parker
11-25-2005, 10:43 AM
Thanks to all for the info.

As the son of a U.S. Navy officer and a person actively involved in the retail market I am sure that you all know exactly how I feel about thievery and stealing. So we won't go there.....

But I will pass this information on to the owner of the Merkur.

Thanks again.

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC->HP #97

bill f
11-25-2005, 01:42 PM
There are many resources for the Merkur. One site I've used is:

http://www.merkurdesktop.com/desktop.php

Many of the clubs listed on the site have FAQ, and parts sources. Hope this helps.

Good racing.

Bill

Gregg
11-25-2005, 02:48 PM
http://www.rapidogroup.com/newprod.htm#goodies
http://64.202.180.37/files/xr4.pdf

irondragon
11-25-2005, 07:57 PM
Re motor mounts for Merkur.
Contact Dan Malek at '[email protected]'.
He has a Merkur and a mid 80's 4 cyl Mustang. Plus he knows a ton about thexe cars. He is in NH.
Best Regards - Bill Miskoe