PDA

View Full Version : 2006 MidWest Div. Permanent Numbers

FireballPhil
11-23-2005, 01:47 PM
Hey all you MiDiv racers,

I saw in a couple of other forums racers asking questions about the 2006 new groups vs. numbers. My brother email Rocky Entriken and got the folowing response...

The basic time table is ... I will send out a letter to all MiDiv drivers to order their permanent numbers the week between Christmas and New Years.

Those drivers who raced their number at least three times in 2005 (including Mid-Am and I.T. Tour races) qualify to have their 2005 number held until Feb. 28 for renewal.

Those who had a permanent number in 2005 but did NOT race it at least three times will have a one-week courtesy hold on their number before it becomes available first-come-first-served.

For all other numbers, it is open season immediately. No number requests will be taken before the mailing is sent out.

Because of the reorganizing of the race groups, there are eight SM drivers who had the same number as Showroom/Touring drivers last year. Those 16 drivers will each get a personal letter about the situation and how it will be resolved.

I would also note that the reorganization of the race groups in MiDiv means that in *all* the doorslammer classes numbers will be available that were not available before, so anyone who could not get a number last year should definitely try again this year. (Hint to SM drivers, pick a number that an IT driver had last year -- you're in different race groups now.)

--Rocky Entriken
MiDiv Pointskeeper (2006)

I hope this helps everyone. Have a great Holiday Season!

Phil