PDA

View Full Version : 2006 ARRC Video Collaboration

Joe Moser
11-21-2005, 11:13 PM
I had an idea for 2006 ARRC...

Everybody is always asking for TV coverage, but the expense cannot be accounted for. I would just like to have a TV-type video of the race.

It wouldn't take a lot of collaboration with another race group to make that all happen. I was thinking if a few of the IT7/ITA guys teamed up with some of the ITB/ITC or ITS groups (Depending on run-order), it wouldn't be difficult to set this up... Many people already have in-car video camera set-ups. If a few of us teamed up, purchased some tri-pods and set-up around the track, we could have turn-by-turn external race footage. Whichever group is not racing at the time could take a break from working on their cars to film (only for 1 race!)...

I would be more than happy to put all the footage together after the race and send DVD's to all that participated. Collectively, we could sell the DVD's to the other competitors who did not participate to help off-set the cost of the tri-pods and tapes. It would be nice to include some in-car footage as well!

If anybody is interested, I'll try to set it up for next year. I wouldn't mind doing a test-run at Mid-Ohio for the WOR games or Brat Bash; CENDiv guys, any interest?

Joe Moser

R2 Racing
11-22-2005, 12:05 PM
An interesting idea. I suppose you'd need probably close to 10 camera's in order to cover the entire track. Then someone would have to take all of the footage and be able to cut, edit, and produce the final video. It's do-able if enough people stepped up.

Hracer
11-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Interesting idea. Would be cool to pull off something like that. I enjoyed very much watching even this little clip posted earlier. T10 (http://www.isaacdirect.com/images/Video/ARRC2005ITAIT7.AVI)

gran racing
11-23-2005, 10:21 AM
Sounds pretty cool. It would be a project to edit all of the videos! It would be nice to cover not just the front runners but also include some of the other interesting races within the race. Keep going with this.

It might be a good idea to ask for some sample in-car footage from the people that would be supplying that. There is no bigger turn off then really shakey video!

lateapex911
11-24-2005, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by gran racing@Nov 23 2005, 10:21 AM
....... There is no bigger turn off then really shakey video!

So many choices......but, as it's a hliday, I will let this one slide.....

gran racing
11-24-2005, 09:52 AM
Got a big juicy turkey on your mind Jake?

tom91ita
11-25-2006, 09:21 AM
Joe,

not sure if you saw this, but it is somewhat unique in that the track announcements were added to the in-car of Andrie at the NASA Nationals.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=82...346072922&hl=en (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8266186172346072922&hl=en)

makes for a great video. being able to add other video from other in-cars and trackside, would make it better yet, if i am understanding your suggestion correctly.

you might want to capture the track commentary/announcements if there are any.

tom