PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Rebuild CRX

p99ro
11-19-2005, 12:44 AM
I have a Tranny in the car that goes. Klunck klunck klunck aaaa klunck. While in gear and under power. Happened in Atlanta. It sucked. But fun while it lasted. I coulda got more Tom Monies. SBMS Racing. Not his tranny.
I have a Quife slip and a 4.7 final R P. I am going to get it rebuilt. Bearings sinkrose or how ever you spell it.
Jake will correct me. Any Ideas would be nice thanks.
Scott CRXsi 07 ITA NER :blink:

jc836
11-19-2005, 09:26 AM
I asked my mechanic how much and he quoted me $450 plus parts for a carry in rebuild. The Synchro's and bearings will be the major expense. Have the forks checked-not bent. If you are reinstalling the Quaife and FD intact that should be easy enough. Replace ALL seals with OEM-they are reasonably priced. To get an idea of the parts cost go to the online suppliers or your local dealership.

joeg
11-19-2005, 10:22 AM
Didn't know they ever broke.

Could it be an Inner CV joint?

You didn't say that it shifted horribly...right?

If it is not a CV, then you may have a ring/ pinion issue.

almracing
11-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Scott --

I have 3 spare trannies in the garage. If you have any interest in buying one for parts, drop me an email == anthony422 at aol dot com.

I plan to rebuild my tranny... the syncros seem to be worn. The car liked to slip out of third gear by the end of the year. Really fun coming out of the South chicane at NHIS - spin to win!

Anthony R.
ITA #86
Honda CRX Si

p99ro
11-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by almracing@Nov 20 2005, 08:15 PM
Scott --

I have 3 spare trannies in the garage. If you have any interest in buying one for parts, drop me an email == anthony422 at aol dot com.

I plan to rebuild my tranny... the syncros seem to be worn. The car liked to slip out of third gear by the end of the year. Really fun coming out of the South chicane at NHIS - spin to win!

Anthony R.
ITA #86
Honda CRX Si

Thanks
I have an extra in my shed. I`m having Riche` s Mech Turkey in Long Island do the work. So $450 parts for rebuild and some labor to remove and put back in sound fair. I did have trouble 5th to 4th at times with high Rev`s. The Thumop Sound sucked but if I ran it to it really broke I would be paying more monies I had to cut my loose`s. Next time I find room to bring more stuff. The guys with enclosed trailers have the space. I needed to keep my gear small due to the crew who brought my car down would have pack it I did`nt want to over burden them since I only paid for fuel on the truck not a turn key. But hey Live and learn everybody else looked like they had fun but Anthony Serra Over heating. We all had something go on . Between Ray burning up his left wheel assembley and Jason having the hood open at 135mph and having to put the breaks into lock up mood and Anthony just miss running into the back of him. I saw that in my drivers side mirror that was a cool veiw but only from my mirror had it been my wind sheild I would have pooped them.
I`m going back next year I feel uncomplete. I can`t win but I want to hang.
Scott NER ITA CRXsi 07

gran racing
11-27-2005, 01:15 AM
Sorry, but you can't win why?

Tom Blaney
11-27-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by gran racing@Nov 27 2005, 01:15 AM
Sorry, but you can't win why?

I also am curious about that also. Why can't you win? You have a Bullet Proof Motor that is making more power than you need. You just received $250 from my contingency fund, that could be put to good use, you have a CRX/Si which is the car to beat (in spite of what all the Integra guys say), and race against the toughest racers in the country (the northeast) so you should be learning something every lap that your chasing them.

If nothing else put a video in your car, and watch it over and over again after each race until you can drive that car the same way that the fast guys can. You don't need any more parts, you need mental and physical quality time behing the wheel.

IMHOC

Tom Blaney

lateapex911
11-27-2005, 04:49 PM
OK< I&#39;m not going to comment on ANYTHING is this thread...spelling or otherwise, but.....

What does "IMHOC" mean??

In My Humble Opinion..._____????

Good points Tom, but I debate "the car to have" comment. I think the differences are really getting down to driver and prep, and of course the track. Currently I think A has the Teg, the CRX and (if anyone can keep it together) the 240SX at the leading edge. And the Miata...not sure what to think of it yet.

Everything else equal, the rest of the class is racing for second.

p99ro
11-29-2005, 01:01 AM
Thanks Tom
The motor in the car had lots of power. In fact the tranny couldn`t handle it.
I am new to that track. But if he car had not had a problem with the tranny I would have opened it up more when I did not have to keep watching my mirrior`s with the vets climbing up my tail pipe. The car was fast but hey when you leak tranny fluid and hear a clunk ite cluck not much you can do. And the replacement tranny would have been stock. So it would have been what it could be. I still have more to learn Each year I get faster so I`m still going in the right direction. I may go down south to FL if Riche can make it happen. Would be a great reason to go on VAC in FL during the winter. And I will bring more parts.
:happy204:
Scott ITA NER #07 CRXsi

P.S. Tom I need to replace the tie end bushing to the updated ones you have contact me. I`m having trouble with your site.