PDA

View Full Version : Sponsorship ideas I've been kicking around...

emwavey
11-18-2005, 05:47 PM
Since I doubt very much that I'll either have the time or the energy to fully research and/or implement this/these ideas, I figured I'd share them with you. Perhaps you can squelch my idealism with some good synicism or rally behind the ideas and either help fully explore the ideas or offer some of yours.

The hope is that we folks who run in IT might have an easier/cheaper go at our hobbie. In the end it always seems that my time is best spent either picking up some extra hours or just not plunking down more money for tires or an extra race.

Idea #1:
Campaign a std VW Beetle in ITC sponsored by Geek Squad.
(I just think it would be really cool to see a car like theirs all lowered and racey)
As an added bonus the driver would have to wear geeky glasses with white tape around the bridge (nose). It's a national company so not sure they would want to sponsor someone to run merely local events, but this would show the companies geekiness and understanding of "grassroots".

Idea #2:
Dunkin Donuts
Pretty much any car would do, however the driver would have to be able to have, on-hand, both coffee and munchkins. This is a great way to help your racing friends meet minimum weight, or just fatten them up. Downside: Car would have to be painted a pukey, light-orange color.

The silly-season has taken hold of me and hard since I missed the last two opportunities to get on track toward the end of this year.

x-ring
11-18-2005, 06:03 PM
So I'm guessing it's already pretty cold in New Jersey? You don't have a heated garage? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

tcpip
11-18-2005, 06:13 PM
Ooooh. I could so go for a donut right now. :D

Hehe. Serisouly, those seem like workable ideas. For the Dunkin' Donuts one, you can even paint the wheels to look like donuts...

Hey, what's with all the groaning. It was a funny pun. :lol:

gsbaker
11-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by tcpip@Nov 18 2005, 06:13 PM
For the Dunkin' Donuts one, you can even paint the wheels to look like donuts...

Yeah, with sprinkles!

gran racing
11-18-2005, 06:41 PM
I have ALWAYS wanted to get Hooters to sponsor me. Heck, all they have to do is clean the car's windshield while at the track. :happy204:

gsbaker
11-18-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by gran racing@Nov 18 2005, 06:41 PM
I have ALWAYS wanted to get Hooters to sponsor me. Heck, all they have to do is clean the car's windshield while at the track. :happy204:

And while you're in the car. "Pardon me Mam, you missed a spot." :)

RSTPerformance
11-18-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by gran racing@Nov 18 2005, 06:41 PM

Better fix the bumper... or they might get a little worried they will break a nail... then you might loose them to the bling (yes thats the Audi :blink: ).

Raymond :-P

m glassburner
11-18-2005, 09:10 PM
Or for wreck miatas "better get maaco" :happy204: