PDA

View Full Version : 91 ITA Integra brake pads

dazzlesa
11-18-2005, 12:43 PM
what are you guys using? how do the work? thanks rick

R2 Racing
11-18-2005, 04:23 PM
I use Hawk Blues in the front and OEM replacements on the rear. I like a little less bite in the rear and the setup works great for me.

dazzlesa
11-18-2005, 05:04 PM
i think the ones i use are porterfields. they are great at the end of the straight at atlanta,but they have a heavy initial bite and i loose too much speed at many corners costing me time. i have to try a different pad

zracre
11-18-2005, 05:08 PM
I use the same setup as kevin...i have used the Cobalts...they have less initial bite but the same braking force. My lap times are the same with both pads but I just like the feel of the Hawks. If you want less initial bite try the cobalts. I tried a more agressive compound on the rear but it made the car scary loose under braking. good luck!

moto62
11-19-2005, 02:16 AM
Usually Hawk blue in front and a plain Jane semi metallic in the rear. Currently ran the Serra specials in Atlanta and they worked great. They took some getting used to as they are a very agressive pad with huge amt of initial bite. I just hope they last as long as the Hawks did. :023:

dazzlesa
11-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Ray when i used the blues in other cars they lasted forever or at least a season. i do not know if its a acura thing but i beleive i installed 2 sets plus the one that came with the car and they are all done.

zracre
11-19-2005, 01:50 PM
I usually get 2 race weekends and a test day out of the blues...unless its sebring short course or any track hard on brakes. Rotors go after about 2 sets of pads but they are cheap...

moto62
11-20-2005, 01:47 AM
The Blues lasted all year for me inclding two of the testday sessions in RA. To break it down, 3 lrp, 2 doubles at theGlen(=4), and 2 Summit, + all the practice and Q sessions. I believe that the usage from the front pads depend on what you run in the rear. If you go to your local parts store and get oem replacement pads for the rear of an Integra, you will get a pad mostly made up of organic material. You must specify that you want a semi metallic pad.(Probably have to be ordered) These will give you more rear brake but not enough to get you into trouble if you had to brake on a turn. Ceramic pads in the rear will do the same job as the semi mets. I've used them both. I'm thinking Hawk Black for the rear next season as I believe that I could use a wee bit more rear brakes. ;)
Evan- Really nice meeting you in RA and hope to see you again next year.

Racerboy03
11-22-2005, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by dazzlesa@Nov 19 2005, 05:42 PM
Ray when i used the blues in other cars they lasted forever or at least a season. i do not know if its a acura thing but i beleive i installed 2 sets plus the one that came with the car and they are all done.

Ive tried a few different brands this year, and they go through pads quick (basically civic brakes on a ~2500 lb. Integra) compared to other cars. I would stay away from Cobalts, I had an experience this year at Summit Point where one of them separated from the backing place during the race, not sure if it was Cobalt's fault or they just over heated. So far Serra's pads( I believe they are a Raybestos compound) have been the best as far as initial bite/longevity/price combined. The Hawks will last longer, but I liked the feel of the Raybestos better. I will probably stick with these all next year. One brand to look at is Carbotech, I have heard good things about their pads, and I might try them next year. I'm also going to improve the air flow to the ducts on the front bumper, I think that will make a big difference also.

-Mark

charrbq
11-22-2005, 08:28 PM
I've heard people getting good results with Porterfield's on heavier cars like the Integra, but most people I talk to run something stock on the rear. I swear by Carbotech anything on the front of my Honda...preferably Panther Plus. But I run Civic SI shoes on the rear. I know it's not an Integra, but it's a Honda, and I really owe a lot to Larry for the technical help he's given me over the phone. :)

biovic
11-23-2005, 02:05 PM
I always go back to the Hawk Blue, and for me they last almost one season of 10 races. I tried the Carbotech Panther plus and they were great, for 2 races. The modulation when new was much better than the Hawk, but after 2-4 days they go away fast. So really mostly for the performance and predictability, I'll stay with the Hawk, up front. The rear gets EBC green, which are ok.

Victor
92 Integra NER