PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the Turkey Trot?

Domino
11-17-2005, 01:51 PM
Who's going?

Mattberg
11-17-2005, 02:32 PM
Great race every year. I'll be there.

its66
11-17-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Mattberg@Nov 17 2005, 06:32 PM
Great race every year. I'll be there.

I'm there.

How about the infamous Mike Cox? Isn't it time for some trash talk???

944racer
11-18-2005, 10:29 AM
The Purple and Green Kemit will be there. Hopefully I can finish a race, any race. I have since put stronger axles on. That might do the trick. I have a 2 day test at Sebring this weekend to see if it works. Jim, I look forward to racing against you again since we seem to be near each other a lot.
Andy

zracre
11-18-2005, 10:32 AM
Of course Im coming!! Tom should have the motor done and the appropriate gear in the car (I was hoping it would be done for the arrc...but we were cutting it tight)...so lets see if a cirtain red 325e repaired his blown motor :bash_1_:

Mattberg
11-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by its66@Nov 17 2005, 06:44 PM
How about the infamous Mike Cox? Isn't it time for some trash talk???

:happy204:

its66
11-18-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by 944racer@Nov 18 2005, 02:29 PM
The Purple and Green Kemit will be there. Hopefully I can finish a race, any race. I have since put stronger axles on. That might do the trick. I have a 2 day test at Sebring this weekend to see if it works. Jim, I look forward to racing against you again since we seem to be near each other a lot.
Andy

Andy,
Stop by and check out the new and improved 66. It looks faster than it is. Good luck with those axles. Kermit seems to enjoy eating them. :D

VenWood
11-18-2005, 01:54 PM
The 2005 ITA champion will be their as well. Were looking for a great start to the new year. 2005 kind of reminds me of the turtle & the hare, slow & steady wins the race. Hey John
:smilie_pokal:

Mazmarc63
11-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Andy,

If you find Bodyshop dot com, look around for me too. The Silver Bullet will be making its debut after a loooong two and a half year hiatus. Probably won't be difficult to locate me, I'm the loud one. :D

I will also have a few decals to give out, paying tribute to Bob Sager, and some ribbions for Peg Leg's sister Lori and for Breast Cancer awareness.

Hope to see everyone there. You to Evan. :D

Domino
11-18-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by zracre Posted Today@ 02:32 PM

Of course Im coming!! Tom should have the motor done and the appropriate gear in the car (I was hoping it would be done for the arrc...but we were cutting it tight)...so lets see if a cirtain red 325e repaired his blown motor

Tom and I were talking about your motor and tranny the other day. I'm having one built at the beginning of next year. I'll be interested to see how much more power you'll have with the new motor.

zracre
11-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by VenWood@Nov 18 2005, 01:54 PM
The 2005 ITA champion will be their as well. Were looking for a great start to the new year. 2005 kind of reminds me of the turtle & the hare, slow & steady wins the race. Hey John
:smilie_pokal:

I thought I was the 2005 ITA Champion :blink: you mean Alex?? that would be awesome to see how my new motor compares to that rocket!!
and I cant wait to see the new car marc!! I can bet it will be a pretty nice piece...just be sure to qualify ahead of us crazies in ITA!!! :119:

Hracer
11-18-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by zracre@Nov 18 2005, 09:14 PM
I thought I was the 2005 ITA Champion :blink: you mean Alex??

I'm pretty sure he meant you. We and especially the budget are done for the year. I'm sure we'll have some opportunities to have fun and play next year.

Go get em Evan! Good luck

Hammer
11-19-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by zracre@Nov 18 2005, 09:14 PM
I thought I was the 2005 ITA Champion :blink: you mean Alex?? that would be awesome to see how my new motor compares to that rocket!!
and I cant wait to see the new car marc!! I can bet it will be a pretty nice piece...just be sure to qualify ahead of us crazies in ITA!!! :119:

I am guessing that he is probably referring to the CFR 2005 ITA champion Tucker Alford.

The Reed Nissan/TRG/Bodyshop.com/Mazmarc Graphics IT7 #56 will be at the Turkey Trot. My crew chief will be out of town so I will be solo. Hopefully Peg Leg, Bodyshop and Mazmarc will share their vast racing knowledge to me.

I also heard a black helicopter was seen near Lake Brantley High School last night.

zracre
11-19-2005, 01:06 PM
Oh yes my bad...Hope you guys have another great year!!! Congrats on the ITA CFR Championship :smilie_pokal: !!! I cant wait for the new season myself. Should be alot of fun! See ya there!!

VenWood
11-21-2005, 12:19 PM
I should have clarified my champion status to the low ranks of Central Florida Region. I don't have the budget, time or car to aspire to any higher level of performance. Hope everyone has a nice Holiday, and gets to the track safely. See you out there!
Tucker

zracre
11-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by VenWood@Nov 21 2005, 12:19 PM
I should have clarified my champion status to the low ranks of Central Florida Region. I don't have the budget, time or car to aspire to any higher level of performance. Hope everyone has a nice Holiday, and gets to the track safely. See you out there!
Tucker

Being the CFR champ is something to be proud of!!! I tried in ITB and never got it. The SARRC championship is my first road racing championship win ever.. I know how hard it is to win a championship and you did it! :smilie_pokal: you have the abilities now you just need a sponsor to get you a motor...CRX's now have the track record at Road Atlanta so the cars are capable...

Richy Gonzalez
11-22-2005, 03:56 AM
Both GBRacing cars will be there. SM #23 and the new ITA #24 will be there.

Mike Cox
11-22-2005, 09:57 PM
Having recovered from my adventure at RA and replaced the seat after coming down into 12 without any practice I have decided that I do like flat tracks a lot more than hilly ones. When you come under the bridge and turn the car before you see the track you now know you need to make more trips to RA.

That being said:

Paul, bring your A game cause I got a suprise for you. and you will let me by during the race or I'll have to tell Michelle about you going to the strip club in Sebring when she was away. ;) and Paul, I promise I won't hit you this time. (unless you get in my way)

As for Mr. C. , you go off next to me and I might just have to make you wait to come back on if you keep this up. :023:

Looking forward to seeing everybody again and having fun.

Mark, save me some decals. you know there's always room on my car.

Evan, good to finally meet you. to bad we had to drive to RA to meet. Come by and say hi.

Where are the other IT7's? or is it gonna be just me a Paul going at it.

Hotshoe
11-23-2005, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Mike Cox@Nov 23 2005, 01:57 AM
Having recovered from my adventure at RA and replaced the seat after coming down into 12 without any practice I have decided that I do like flat tracks a lot more than hilly ones. Because it is easier to push my wheelchair. :blink:

Where are the other IT7's? or is it gonna be just me a Paul going at it.

Mike:

...Good to see you at RA. Wish we had more time together while we were there. With my wife being sick, I wanted to leave as soon as I could on Saturday.

... Not sure about this "Turkey with the Trots" race? LOL

....Hope you guys have fun

... Rick

Mazmarc63
11-23-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Mike Cox@Nov 23 2005, 01:57 AM
Having recovered from my adventure at RA and replaced the seat after coming down into 12 without any practice I have decided that I do like flat tracks a lot more than hilly ones. When you come under the bridge and turn the car before you see the track you now know you need to make more trips to RA.

Wow, you have finally reached manhood. Welcome to the club. That bridge ain't nuthin no more since the dip got turned into a tunnel.

See you soon.

zracre
11-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Mazmarc63@Nov 23 2005, 11:14 AM
Wow, you have finally reached manhood. Welcome to the club. That bridge ain't nuthin no more since the dip got turned into a tunnel.

See you soon.

nuthin like gravity cavity at full song then brush the inside of the bridge corner and listen to your rpms jump as the car lifts over the top.... :119:

Mazmarc63
11-23-2005, 02:44 PM
And I'm a member of the "Under the Bridge" club. Stop by and ask me what that is. Kinda like the "Flipsiders Club". :D

Pre-registration shows 36 ITS cars and 24 ITA cars. Woo hoo!!!!! :023:

Hotshoe
11-23-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by its66@Nov 18 2005, 03:17 PM
Andy,
Stop by and check out the new and improved 66. It looks faster than it is. Good luck with those axles. Kermit seems to enjoy eating them. :D

John,

...I can't believe you didn't catch what I said about Mike in my other post on this topic. I sort of expected Mike to miss it. But I thought for sure you would. It was all I could do to keep a straight face while I was typing it.

...Hint: check his quote.... LOL

Mattberg
11-23-2005, 05:56 PM
Does anyone know which paddock we are using? I sure hope it's on the garage side. Last I heard was 400+ entries received and probably a ton of walk-ins from hurricane hit areas that were cutoff and unable to get pre-registered. I'm one of at least ten I know of! :angry: I've been told that we may break the region record!

GO FLORIDA! :happy204: B)

Domino
11-23-2005, 06:37 PM
Where is a good place to setup? This is my first "participant" event at Sebring. I'm flying solo this time. Can anyone spare a square? :D

zracre
11-23-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Domino@Nov 23 2005, 06:37 PM
Where is a good place to setup? This is my first "participant" event at Sebring. I'm flying solo this time. Can anyone spare a square? :D

I will be there...I dont know where I will park, but just look for the #71 white integra...im sure we can figure something out...will you be there friday? my car is arriving with OPM so I should have time to set up a nice area...

Mike Cox
11-23-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Hotshoe@Nov 23 2005, 05:16 AM
Mike:

...Good to see you at RA. Wish we had more time together while we were there. With my wife being sick, I wanted to leave as soon as I could on Saturday.

... Not sure about this "Turkey with the Trots" race? LOL

....Hope you guys have fun

... Rick

It was good to see you too Rick. Hope your wife is feeling better.

Thanks for helping me try to get on the track for practice.

We have to do a VIR weekend soon.

with a starting grid of over 90 cars this coming weekend, I can bet there will be a lot of brown stains after the start. No wonder they call it the "Turkey with the trots"

Domino
11-23-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by zracre@Nov 23 2005, 11:59 PM
I will be there...I dont know where I will park, but just look for the #71 white integra...im sure we can figure something out...will you be there friday? my car is arriving with OPM so I should have time to set up a nice area...

I'll be there as early as possible (earliest the track people will let me in).

its66
11-24-2005, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Mattberg@Nov 23 2005, 09:56 PM
Does anyone know which paddock we are using? I sure hope it's on the garage side.

Supps say 12 Hour paddock. :happy204: There is quite a bit of space out there with the wall moved out.

Domino,
There will be alot of concrete available to paddock on. SOme folks seem to prefer the grass though. With the number of entrants/cars, space could still become limited. The paddock marshall may have specific instructions to try to maximize the space provided. If you paddock on the right side of the back stretch concrete, look for the line. stay behind it or they will make you move. You must leave the space between the line and the wall open for emergency vehicles.

Most important...have fun...

Rob May
11-24-2005, 02:35 AM
Wood, just don't let it be a silver slug..............Do me proud! Have fun everybody!!

Mattberg
11-24-2005, 08:54 PM
This is going to be one helluva' weekend if everyone registered shows up. I'm told we're definately on pace to break records for entries! Go Turkey Trot! Or should we start calling it the "Runoffs South"? :happy204: :023:

GO FLORIDA! :happy204:

Mattberg
11-24-2005, 10:41 PM
Also, for anyone going to Sebring this weekend I have to add this. I think we should all make an extra effort to thank Charlene Gunn who has been doing registration for this event. If you can, try and say or do something. She has gone WAY BEYOND the call of duty and I think a special thank you is in order. A lot of problems were caused by the hurricanes and she's tackled the challenge. Charlene, I'm bringing you a pie, cookies, donuts or something! I'll think of something. You've been fantastic! :023:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. :D See many of you tomorrow! :happy204:

Mattberg
11-28-2005, 11:25 AM
Incredible weekend! :happy204:

Does anyone know the condition of the driver from the Group 1 incident? It was an incredibly violent hit and I just hope he's alright. Took a long time to get him out. I also can now say my window net serves a true purpose as it kept a good deal of debris from ENTERING my window! :023:

Also, anyone have any comments on the Group 1 restart? I'm still a little perplexed especially how a car that didn't make the grid and ended up taking the pace lap and green flag in last position got moved up 50+ places as a result! :rolleyes:

zracre
11-28-2005, 11:46 AM
[quote]
Incredible weekend! :happy204:

Does anyone know the condition of the driver from the Group 1 incident? It was an incredibly violent hit and I just hope he's alright. Took a long time to get him out. I also can now say my window net serves a true purpose as it kept a good deal of debris from ENTERING my window! :023:

I found my window net quite useful in 17 myself to keep the tires out! oh well the guy that won had to pick up the parts of his car on the cool down lap from hitting everyone in sight...grrr sundays race went better and i got an awesome start, but that damn bmw just has too much motor for me on the straights and he just reeled me up to the tune of 1.5 sec per lap and i gave it to him on the last lap...my bad but was fun anyways. 103 car fields in group 2 :119:

Evan, who has lots of bodywork in the off season, Darling <_<

P.S. Marc, the car looks AWESOME!! my car has a dent....

gprodracer
11-28-2005, 03:20 PM
To the question of the car that started at the back and moved up 50 positions...
Maybe he&#39;s just fast!!!

Last I heard on the driver was he was transported to Tampa General as a precaution, and his son had talked to him in the emergency room. He said he was fine, but was none too pleased at what happened.

Congrats to all who came this weekend.
Mark

Mazmarc63
11-28-2005, 05:20 PM
What a weekend. A real big :happy204: has to go out to all the workers and officials that made this event happen. Bob Shafer made a great call to split the group 2 quallifying. I don&#39;t remember ever seeing such large fields in every class.

Unfortunately there was some carnage. I&#39;m glad to hear the driver of the Rabbit that rolled down the front straight was uninjured. I hear a certain green Neon had in-car footage that my have shed some light as to what happened.

I had a great time and ran pretty good considering I have been out of my car for over 2.5 years. A special thanks to Toni, Jim at Bodyshop dot com, Mike at ISC Racing Services, Chris Brubaker, Luis Caban, Rob, Brian and everybody that came by to see the Bullet and her new flame job. She was not a Silver Slug. :023:

Evan, sorry to see your car so battered. It just gives you the opportunity to make her pretty again. Remember, an ounce of image is worth a pound of performance.

See you at the next one.

its66
11-28-2005, 05:41 PM
Ditto on the split qualifying. Great call Bob.

I didn&#39;t find the cause of the electrical gremlin that killed the 66. It did spring back to live after we got home. If nothing else, I had a great view of the last 19 minutes of Sunday&#39;s 20 minute race. ;)

A little rubbing and sanding, and she&#39;ll be looking good as new.

Great weekend. With the size of the fields we had, the potential was there for serious problems ranging from registration lines to parking and paddock issues, to on track carnage. I think everything went very smooth. Thanks to everyone involved.

Mattberg
11-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Mazmarc63@Nov 28 2005, 09:20 PM
Unfortunately there was some carnage. I&#39;m glad to hear the driver of the Rabbit that rolled down the front straight was uninjured. I hear a certain green Neon had in-car footage that my have shed some light as to what happened.

Unfortunately we were not using the wide angle lens which would have caught the whole thing. With FWD you point the car sort of awkwardly in 17 so the camera didn&#39;t catch much. Hairy situation though. Never had to dodge so much debris!

Glad to hear the driver is ok. It was a scary hit.

Mazmarc63
11-29-2005, 11:33 AM
I was remiss in my previous post.

Major props should be presented to Buzz Marcus :smilie_pokal: The old guy can still slide that Rx-7 as fast as she will go. Great job Buzz. See you at the next one.

To Bruce Shafer :happy204: for providing me possibly the best race I have ever had. Awesome job Bruce. Next time you&#39;ll be watching me. :D

To Scott Seck for providing me a lesson on Sunday. Great drive buddy. :023: The video is great.

I would also like to congratulate Peter Keane on his ITB SARRC win. :smilie_pokal:
That my friend, is inspirational. Always a pleasure to see you and your family. By the way, did you see Jaws Craven? He&#39;s coming back to............................Spec Miata, of course. Look out. :rolleyes:

jmark
11-29-2005, 12:01 PM
Are ITS results posted anywhere?

Mazmarc63
11-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Doubt it.

From memory.

Sat. SARRC:

Buzz Marcus Rx-7
Bruce Shafer BMW
Marc Dana Rx-7(fast lap)
Peter ells Rx-7

Sun. regional:

Buzz Marcus Rx-7
Scott Seck Integra
Marc Dana Rx-7
Rob Wansley Rx-7

p.keane
11-29-2005, 04:44 PM
Thanks Marc. It is good to be back in the Honda. Saturday was a lot of fun. It was a little bit crazy out there during the race.

I did not see Jaws, But I look forward to running into him at a regional so. PK

Mattberg
11-29-2005, 04:49 PM
I just want to know if everybody had as much fun as I did. And my car was a disaster! That was still one of the best race weekends I can remember! :023:

Bruce Shafer
11-30-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Mazmarc63@Nov 29 2005, 10:33 AM
I was remiss in my previous post.

Major props should be presented to Buzz Marcus :smilie_pokal: The old guy can still slide that Rx-7 as fast as she will go. Great job Buzz. See you at the next one.

To Bruce Shafer :happy204: for providing me possibly the best race I have ever had. Awesome job Bruce. Next time you&#39;ll be watching me. :D

To Scott Seck for providing me a lesson on Sunday. Great drive buddy. :023: The video is great.

I would also like to congratulate Peter Keane on his ITB SARRC win. :smilie_pokal:
That my friend, is inspirational. Always a pleasure to see you and your family. By the way, did you see Jaws Craven? He&#39;s coming back to............................Spec Miata, of course. Look out. :rolleyes:

That was a great race weekend and it was good to get back out on the long course after a year. Nothing quite like it. It was really good to see everybody.

Mark, definitely one of the best races I’ve ever had. The mirrors were packed full of that silver bullet, which of course was only when you weren’t in front or along side. Congratulations on the fast lap (I think I know which one that was). Great driving! :023:

Congratulations to Buzz, he drove two great races.

I hope Sherri was able to get out of the way for everybody on Sunday. That was her first time on the long course. We just don’t have the time anymore to do the test day. She had a blast and I’m almost able to watch when she runs the car now. She said she can’t wait to get back out there! Uh oh! :blink:

I hope to see everybody at the National/Restricted Regional. And most of all everybody have a good time through the holidays!

Mazmarc63
11-30-2005, 11:38 AM
Thanks Bruce. We will be at the Nat/reg. I am bringing some red vinyl to cover your headlights. Get that tape off of there. :o

jinxcrx
12-01-2005, 03:34 PM
Hey Marc.....
Looks like you did pretty good for a guy that has spent tha last
few years on the couch!!! Maybe we will see you up this way
sometime soon. :happy204:
Jinx

Mazmarc63
12-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Thanks Jinx. I haven&#39;t totally been sitting on my couch but just about. :P It was great to get back into my own car. She is still pretty fast considering she has the oldest engine in the ITS field by about 5 years. :D

I&#39;ll send you something soon.

Stay warm.

Chris Wire
12-01-2005, 07:48 PM
While it was painful to be watching from the terrace, I have to say that the race between Marc and Bruce was as good as I have seen in some time. (Now if I can just figure out how to rig and alarm clock in Hollywood&#39;s car just for restarts.....Hmmmmm!)

Great to see that the dust on &#39;Wood&#39;s driving skills wasn&#39;t too thick! Great show!

Buzz did indeed drive a great race. Always makes it seem boring on the outside, although I know better. Scott Seck was out in no man&#39;s land, having taken a few laps to clear those he was racing with, and was too far behind to catch anyone.

Rob, the Bullet would have made you proud. Didn&#39;t seem to give up much down the front stretch that I could see. That motor must be on Viagra by now!

Merry Christmas to all!