PDA

View Full Version : The Secret Meeting...

Mattberg
11-17-2005, 11:54 AM
This just came to me and it comes from a pretty reliable source... hold on to your hats.

It seems as though SEDIV officials had a somewhat secret meeting back in late July. In that meeting they tabled an issue that would reduce races and limit any one region to one National, two Regionals and one driver's school. Furthermore, only the eight regions currently putting on races would be allowed to continue to do so, basically eliminating the other 10 SEDIV regions from ever putting on a race.

So if this goes through you will have to travel to at least two regions just to keep your license and if you want to do any more than four races get ready for a longer tow. This pretty much screws Central Florida and Florida regions to the max along with all of their drivers. I doubt Nationals will be too affected but IT racing will be crushed including all of the combo National/Regional events like the Pro-IT weekends.

This is yet another slap in the face to drivers by overbearing and greedy officials taking away our fun at our expense steering races to specific regions and specific tracks. They were trying to keep this secret until the vote at the Divisional meeting but it got leaked and it's something everybody should know about. This can't be allowed to happen. To tell you the truth, if it does, I wouldn't be surprised to see Central Florida and Florida start their own club and you can sure as heck say bye bye to the best regional series in the country, the SARRC.

I am following up on the issue with some other sources and will try and keep you posted.

bhudson
11-17-2005, 05:13 PM
See reply to similar topic "Here's a bombshell" in General Discussions.

Bob Hudson
Atlanta Region

Mattberg
11-18-2005, 11:14 AM
CALL YOUR RE. DON'T LET THEM TAKE AWAY OUR RACES! :angry:

Why are the Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina folks trying to pretend this is nothing serious and telling people not to bother? Stay alert Florida racers! ;)

apexingsupra
11-18-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Mattberg@Nov 18 2005, 03:14 PM
CALL YOUR RE. DON'T LET THEM TAKE AWAY OUR RACES! :angry:

Why are the Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina folks trying to pretend this is nothing serious and telling people not to bother? Stay alert Florida racers! ;)

OK, now I read this thread and you are making direct reference to my region and to me as its RE. It is BS. As RE for Alabama I have not told one single person to "not bother". Or that the problem being dissussed is "not serious". In fact I have said just the opposite openly at the SEDIV board meetings and outside of it. I have asked for input and invited open talks and comment and opinions from every region in SEDIV and that includes the divisions in florida.

So tell me the name of one single person who I have told to "not bother" or this is "nothing serious". And I don't mean your "secret source" . If you are not man enough to identify names then you have no credence when you make a public accusation that my region has affirmatively told somebody something such as you contend.

You want to know what was discussed at the SEDIV meetings? Go to your original thread. I can only wonder if someone is feeding you misinformation knowing that you will get all wound up and spew this bile on the internet or whether you are making this up yourself. To say I have told anyone what you said above is (there is no other word for it) a outright lie.

Barry H.

tom_sprecher
11-19-2005, 10:42 AM
The guy's a hump! He's got two threads wasting space on this bull$hit.

Sandy
11-22-2005, 04:26 PM
I suggest we stop replying or discussing anything he posted. Ignore him.

Mattberg
11-23-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Sandy@Nov 22 2005, 08:26 PM
I suggest we stop replying or discussing anything he posted. Ignore him.

That would be an excellent idea. Then the Florida folks could discuss it without the distraction of comments from those biased in favor of taking races from Florida attempting to deflect the issue. Many thanks. :)

GO FLORIDA! :happy204: B)

charrbq
11-24-2005, 02:53 PM
We've all seen losers like this one. Someone who complains about something he knows little about, because he choses only to complain rather than contribute.

Vastly in search of a bowl of milk to spill and later cry over. <_<

Mattberg
11-24-2005, 05:31 PM
I&#39;ll make sure to pass on the thoughts of the members in the state of Louisiana on the issue to the Florida drivers this weekend at Sebring, where over 400 drivers and plenty of workers will be basking in the successful racing organization we&#39;ve built. :023: :D Happy Thanksgiving! :D

GO FLORIDA! :happy204:

charrbq
11-24-2005, 06:07 PM
As long as you include me in that group of 400. I&#39;m a member of CFR. Give them my best, I have to work. By the way, if you weren&#39;t so defensive, your point might be better accepted. You do have a point, don&#39;t you.

Mattberg
11-24-2005, 06:25 PM
Then you&#39;ll be there! Stop by for a beer and I&#39;ll explain the point! :023:

charrbq
11-24-2005, 06:30 PM
You didn&#39;t read what I wrote, only what you wanted to see.

charrbq
11-24-2005, 07:03 PM
Quite frankly, when I go to the races, I go to race, or work, or crew. My mission is to have fun, not talk politics whether national or club.

Mattberg
11-24-2005, 08:31 PM
Sorry. With the reference to the drivers only I thought you meant you were working at the race and not driving. Real work on Thanksgiving weekend and the biggest race maybe in region history? That sucks. :(

BTW, when I go to the races I like to concentrate on the car and racing too but it&#39;s sometimes the best place to share information with your fellow drivers and members seeing few of us go to any of the regional meetings. But trust me, there&#39;s always far more beer, food and bench racing than politics !:023: :happy204:

Mattberg
12-08-2005, 05:31 PM
The smoking gun is out. The memo to REs about the proposal is in my possession. So all you REs who said I had the details wrong and that there was no real proposal? I caught you in a BIG lie. E-mail me if you want a copy. Not official, drivers. All you officials know about it. I have every last one of you from the copy list by name. :happy204:

GO FLORIDA...GO NORTH CAROLINA! :happy204: