PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have extra ITC Fiesta parts

John McFarland
11-16-2005, 04:49 PM
May be aquiring an old ITC Fiesta. Been sitting a while and will need rebuild. Anyone have good spare parts that I can consider.

I ran a couple of these from 90-93. Anxious to get it, but BAT is the only place I know to get parts.

Anyone??

joeg
11-17-2005, 11:00 AM
John--Search eBay--DAILY

This car is a real orphan and parts (other than motor stuff) is getting pretty rare.

Fun car, though and the best displacement to weight ratio in ITC.

Diane
11-18-2005, 01:01 AM
What's the prefix for the part numbers? I have a bunch of early Capri parts and may have Fiesta as well. If I knew more of what you wanted or part numbers.......

joeg
11-18-2005, 09:04 AM
Probably "D8__" for a prefix (stands for 1978 in Fordspeak).

It's been a while since I had a Fiesta.

Cheers.

Diane
11-19-2005, 09:44 PM
It's what comes before the "Z" that I need. ;) D8?Z I'll see if I can dig it up.

ITC27
11-22-2005, 09:12 PM
Hi John!

I race a Fiesta in the Northeast.
It IS getting very difficult to find parts these days.

BAT is no longer importing parts. They're just selling what they have left on their shelves (at inflated prices).

I am able to find stuff like wheel bearings, etc. at Advance Auto Parts or NAPA.
It has to be special-ordered but usually arrives in a day or two.

There are also some companies in the UK that have some parts, but I haven't tried them yet.

Let me know if you're looking for something specific, I may be able to help...

Al Smith

John McFarland
11-25-2005, 09:49 AM
I'm starting to second guess getting this. I ran them 10 years ago and I didn't have part problems.

I'd probably be better off finding another v-dub to build. I have plenty of parts there!

A Fiesta was my first race car and I have a soft spot for them. Maybe I could get it and part it out!

Irish Pirate
12-06-2005, 01:21 AM
If you do get it and decide to part it out, let me know please. I have just bought a 79 fiesta and plan on making it an ITC car (after I use it as a daily driver until I get my Focus sorted) and could use some parts for it!

Much appreciated

Vtach Racing
12-15-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by John McFarland@Nov 16 2005, 03:49 PM
May be aquiring an old ITC Fiesta. Been sitting a while and will need rebuild. Anyone have good spare parts that I can consider.

I ran a couple of these from 90-93. Anxious to get it, but BAT is the only place I know to get parts.

Anyone??

So what "spares" are you looking for?
I've got a second spare car (ex-linda/randy pobst car), but nothing real special on it. It's basically a set of Konis, 32/36 weber and a sway bar.

I don't bother with anything from BAT accept the super duper front hubs. Everything else I've gotten from other sources. The engine stuff is easy to get and I've used Leda for shocks. Dave Bean seems to be a good source for engine parts but I haven't used them yet. The only tricky part to find is a stiff rear spring that fits in the stock chassis. Anyone (Al, ITC27) have any tips on that?

Brake pads I've been getting from Porterfield (I think its the R4e), I don't know why but they usually have a set on the shelf.

Bill McCoin
#6 ITC Fiesta
[email protected]

Vtach Racing
12-15-2005, 06:15 PM
AL,

I'd like to see if you can help me out -
My water temps are in the 230F range - I've played with timing, thermostats and carb jets but it only seems to slow the car down and not bring the temp down. got any advice?

I'm also running a 100lb spring in the rear and am trying to find something in the 300 range that fits in the stock location - what are you using in the rear?

Bill

ITC27
12-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Bill,

My Fiesta also runs hot. We run a big VW diesel radiator and a big fan that I switch on during pace laps and paddock, etc. Seems to help.

Can't be much help regarding spring rates. I'm running whatever was on it when I got it (years ago). Sorry...

Al Smith :blink:

joeg
12-16-2005, 11:12 AM
Al is correct--You need a better rad.

FiestaFrank
12-19-2005, 11:14 AM
Check out www.fiestafrank.com for parts or email me at [email protected].
I run a Chrysler P-Body Turbo radiator (Sundance & Shadow). It is the proper size and inlet/outlet are in the correct location. In stock form it locates on the bottom by two pegs which you can remove.

Fiesta#80ITC
12-20-2005, 11:28 PM
I have a lot of extra parts and some tricks for the suspension been racing the fiesta for 5 or 6 years any questions please email me @ [email protected]

ILenhart
12-30-2005, 01:55 PM
I'm having a hard time finding an engine.

Anyone have a source? Closer to Milwaukee, WI the better.
The engine listed on the parts forum page is a CVH engine - not a Fiesta.

Thanks,
Ian Lenhart

[email protected]
414-719-2043

Joe Craven
12-30-2005, 06:09 PM
I race another orphan called a Capri and used to think my motor ran hot. It turned out to be a faulty temp gauge. I used a infrared temp reader which showed my water at only 180F while the gauge read 210F!

Originally posted by Vtach Racing@Dec 15 2005, 10:15 PM
AL,

I'd like to see if you can help me out -
My water temps are in the 230F range - I've played with timing, thermostats and carb jets but it only seems to slow the car down and not bring the temp down. got any advice?

I'm also running a 100lb spring in the rear and am trying to find something in the 300 range that fits in the stock location - what are you using in the rear?

Bill

sirhisss
01-10-2006, 05:07 PM
New to the forum and to conference racing here in the Northwest.
It is great to hear others run a Fiesta

I have a 1980 Fiesta that has been around Northwest racing since 1990.

I ran in ITC last year and will continue this year.

I do have some parts sitting around also.

You might try here for engine parts, etc.

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group.asp?GroupID=ENG16BOT

Vtach Racing
01-17-2006, 09:49 AM
Thanks for radiator info.

Currently I have a VW (Scirroco?) radiator but I think that the height was causing an air pocket.
I moved it down for my last race and the temps dropped 25 degrees.