PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Narrc schedule

dickita15
11-15-2005, 03:31 PM
this will give you an idea of the 06 narrc schedule from the convention last weekend. this is tentative as many regions are still discussing formats for events and the track contracts are not signed. It will not be fully firm until march.

Driver’s Schools
April 21-22 NHIS NER
June 17 Lime Rock NER

Narrc Regionals
April 23 NHIS Regional NER
May 13-14 Pocono NJR double
May 27-28 NHIS NER triple Nerrc, double Narrc
June 17 Lime Rock NER
July 4 Lime Rock Mo-Hud
July 8-9 NHIS NER double
July 22-23 Watkins Glen Glen
August 18-19 Lime Rock NJR
August 26-27 NHIS NER plus enduro
September 9-10 NHIS NER double
October 20-21 Lime Rock Narrc Runnoffs NYR

Nationals
May 6-7 NHIS NER
June 9-10 Lime Rock NER
July 21-22 Lime Rock NYR

RSTPerformance
11-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Dick-

If you count up all the NARRC races I counted 15 (?) and that is if the Glenn is a single not a double (?) and that does include the Runoffs.

Will NARRC follow the same format as before with the best 8 finishes counting towards the championship?

I am hoping that the Glenn is a double so that we have 16 events in the series and we would then take your top 8 races (points) and count them into determining the champion. If so, I think that this years NARRC will be the best season yet with all of those tracks!!!

Dick can you clarify?

Raymond

dickita15
11-15-2005, 08:23 PM
the glen is a single. I count 15, including narrc offs. there are some rule changes regarding points. I do not remember all the details as it was a tough negotiating session. I think you can only count your best 5 NHIS races. third track gets more bonus points next year. no track bonus points for races not sanctioned by narrc region (ie glen).

RSTPerformance
11-15-2005, 10:16 PM
Thanks dick for the update... I like it, I think that this will make things a bit more interesting!!!

I am not complaining but just wondering how come the Glen Region isn't part of NARRC? They are a North Atlantic Region? I believe that for the race to be part of NARRC the region needs to contribut a $ amount per car, but what are the requirements for the region to be part of NARRC?

Sorry be to a pain in the... (I can hear you grumbling :bash_1_: ) I don't know and of all people I should be one who does know (by now), but if I don't so I am sure others don't and are wondering as well.

Thanks dick... what would we do without you :smilie_pokal:

Raymond

dickita15
11-16-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance+Nov 15 2005, 10:16 PM-->
I am not complaining but just wondering how come the Glen Region isn't part of NARRC? They are a North Atlantic Region? I believe that for the race to be part of NARRC the region needs to contribut a $ amount per car, but what are the requirements for the region to be part of NARRC?

[/b]

Narrc is a cooperative of the 4 Lime rock regions. NER NNJR NYR and MO HUD. the glen region is at the core of the NYSRRC series.

Originally posted by RSTPerformance@Nov 15 2005, 10:16 PM
Sorry be to a pain in the... (I can hear you grumbling :bash_1_: )

Sorry I will try to grumble more quietly

<!--QuoteBegin-RSTPerformance@Nov 15 2005, 10:16 PM
Thanks dick... what would we do without you :smilie_pokal:

gee I don&#39;t know but that is probably speculation for a different thread

benspeed
11-16-2005, 02:26 PM
I think that some pretty solid cooperation and compromises were made to put together the best NARRC schedule to date in my 5 years of racing.

NARRC points at the Glen and I believe some extra track visit bonus points will be up for grabs at the Pocono event will make the series even more interesting and competitive. Thanks to NER for recognizing that the points opportunities were weighted towards NHIS shoes.

RSTPerformance
11-16-2005, 06:41 PM
benspeed-

Agreed :023:

Dick-

Thanks for the info... makes sence to me now ;)

Raymond

tims90rx7
11-16-2005, 10:15 PM
As kind as NHIS has been to me I am also glad to see the series being structured with less emphasis on NHIS. I personally enjoy the oportunities to run at tracks other then NHIS whenever I can. The more tracks the better as far as I&#39;m concerned.

Ben, I think we&#39;re going to busy traveling the region next year!

Tim

bg43wex
11-17-2005, 02:55 PM
Late breaking news!

there may be a change to the schedule for June, as soon as we have confirmation it will be passed alone.

hey Ben maybe next year there won&#39;t be any NARCC points at NHIS. would this be fair to you?

brian m

benspeed
11-17-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by bg43wex@Nov 17 2005, 06:55 PM

hey Ben maybe next year there won&#39;t be any NARCC points at NHIS. would this be fair to you?

brian m

No way! I usually rack up a few points at NHIS. My main issue is I just don&#39;t like the 8 hour tow up the most congested highways in the NE.

I also like that a NER guy can&#39;t put 7 of 8 races at NHIS into a championship effort. A guy who rocks at that track can basically run NHIS and then do the runoffs. A little competitive variety makes a better championship.

Tim - we will rack up some miles next season! (but I can cut my NHIS trips to 2 from 4!)

Cheers,

ulfelder
11-18-2005, 10:17 AM
Now the real story can be told: Ben&#39;s car was afflicted by an NHIS poltergiest. He spent most of his time in the garage with half of ITS gathered around replacing his wiring harness. ;)

Steve U

tims90rx7
11-18-2005, 10:24 AM
It really worked out quite nicely. The demons would keep Ben busy at his car chasing &#39;gremlins&#39; while the rest of us enjoyed time atop his trailer watching the action on the track.

The guys at Flat-Out didn&#39;t really fix anything, they just had some sort of &#39;Demons be Gone!&#39; ritual with lots of candles and stuff like that. :)

Mark Gregory
11-18-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by benspeed@Nov 17 2005, 09:58 PM
No way! I usually rack up a few points at NHIS. My main issue is I just don&#39;t like the 8 hour tow up the most congested highways in the NE.

I also like that a NER guy can&#39;t put 7 of 8 races at NHIS into a championship effort. A guy who rocks at that track can basically run NHIS and then do the runoffs. A little competitive variety makes a better championship.

Tim - we will rack up some miles next season! (but I can cut my NHIS trips to 2 from 4!)

Cheers,

Hi Ben , I think its great that we have a glen race . However you must admit that the NHIS double races are best value for money and when your chasing a championship on a budget the doubles make a lot of sence . ok you have to travell further but you get two points races in one weekend. same as the pocono race, double race- bonus points, makes it a good choise when chasing a championship on a budget. Lime Rock can not put on a double because of time problems even when we have the track on Fridays and even though this is my home track its hard to swollow the high cost of racing there for a 1 day 15 lap race. I hope the Glen race will be a double weekend with bonus points or for my budget it might not be a race I will attend unless I find myself in a close points battle like this year .

Andy Bettencourt
11-18-2005, 04:49 PM
"Triple NERRC"?

How does that work?

benspeed
11-18-2005, 06:29 PM
LOL! :happy204:

Yes, I think Steve summed it up with a comment like, "the torment of the damned" was the way many an NHIS event worked for me. Let&#39;s see

Blown tranny first time there
Blown tranny on first race second year there
Sheared hub resulting in loss of wheel and mucho damage. All nighter getting car fixed
Contact with Nick and Greg, seperate occassions, more damage all around
Finished off by the double where we changed every component of the car that had an electrical wire to no avail. Three days - 1 lap followed by 8 hour tow home.

Tim - I heard something from a voodoo witch out of New Orleans who said this guy Andy from Flatout called about some kind of exorcism seance to be practiced on a red and yellow RX7... No wonder I found chicken feet under the dash. Next time I&#39;m at NHIS I&#39;ll bring some Kentucky fried for good luck, any luck!

At least the car pulls like a mutha now! (knock wood, low chanting sounds)

benspeed
11-18-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Mark Gregory@Nov 18 2005, 05:42 PM
Hi Ben , I think its great that we have a glen race . However you must admit that the NHIS double races are best value for money and when your chasing a championship on a budget the doubles make a lot of sence .

Hey Mark! I must agree. The doubles do offer top value. The Cheap Date has been a favorite and I&#39;ll be at that one in &#39;06. I&#39;ll go to all 4 tracks next year. I actually got to 6 tracks this season.

I hope the points are as close as this year!

cheers,

bp

Andy Bettencourt
11-19-2005, 12:39 AM
The July 4th Regional must be a misprint - right?

AB

wdether
11-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Nov 19 2005, 04:39 AM
The July 4th Regional must be a misprint - right?

AB

Andy,
The ALMS race at Limerock is June 30 - July 1. The July 4th race is currently scheduled as a one day regional. It would be nice to add another one day regional on Monday July 3rd. Ben may know a little more about this than I do.

Bill Etherington
NNJR Tech