PDA

View Full Version : ARRC enduro

dkelly
11-14-2005, 07:31 PM
What a race! I was glad just to survive without car damage. Juston won the sprint and broke the ITB track record. Congrats to all the winners.

Dwight Kelly
ITB #34 Honda Accord
co-drivers: Juston Poole & Richard Martin

ralph mcconnell
11-22-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by dkelly@Nov 14 2005, 11:31 PM
What a race! I was glad just to survive without car damage. Juston won the sprint and broke the ITB track record. Congrats to all the winners.

Dwight Kelly
ITB #34 Honda Accord
co-drivers: Juston Poole & Richard Martin

right ! great race.. won ITS again this year .. no podium pictures for any of classes. ralph mcconnell crew chief ITS 86

mlytle
11-23-2005, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by ralph mcconnell@Nov 23 2005, 03:40 AM
right ! great race.. won ITS again this year .. no podium pictures for any of classes. ralph mcconnell crew chief ITS 86

yeah, lots of fun..we won srx7. would have been more fun if i hadn't gotten tagged by a lunatic miata. remember the upside down lime green one at turn three? the bozo came accross the grass in three and slammed into the right rear quarter of the car i was in. i managed to keep it on the track while he looped and rolled into the tire wall. grrrrrr.

Ron
11-23-2005, 11:54 AM
I would like to thank the Spec Miata #04 for crashing in to our ITB Mustang with 20 minutes left in the race and spinning us offf into the tire wall. I would love to know what the driver was thinking and why he did not come up to us after the race and say something, anything. We were in third place at the time, and the car is really smashed! Stuff happens on the track all the time, just admit it please.

Ron

zracre
11-23-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by mlytle@Nov 23 2005, 12:45 AM
yeah, lots of fun..we won srx7. would have been more fun if i hadn't gotten tagged by a lunatic miata. remember the upside down lime green one at turn three? the bozo came accross the grass in three and slammed into the right rear quarter of the car i was in. i managed to keep it on the track while he looped and rolled into the tire wall. grrrrrr.

I heard it a little different as I was crew for the lime green SM...he and #99 were coming thru at 3 and he thought you were letting him thru too...when the door shut he was carrying too much speed and it was all he could do not to obliterate you...the "bozo" is also a pro racer...

charrbq
11-23-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by mlytle@Nov 23 2005, 04:45 AM

I kinda heard that one a little differently. What I heard was that two SM's were in a hard race, you let one through and slammed the door on the second one leaving him no room to avoid. Sounds like he used a lot of skill not to put you both out of the race. I understand the maniacal approach of SM drivers, but that's what I heard from more than one witness to the crash.

mlytle
11-24-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by charrbq@Nov 23 2005, 05:10 PM
I kinda heard that one a little differently. What I heard was that two SM's were in a hard race, you let one through and slammed the door on the second one leaving him no room to avoid. Sounds like he used a lot of skill not to put you both out of the race. I understand the maniacal approach of SM drivers, but that's what I heard from more than one witness to the crash.

well, as the one who was driving the car at the time, not getting heresay from someone else.....i would not call being hit well AFTER the apex, in the extreme rear right corner of the car "slamming the door". i call that a banzi move where you didn't have the room to go, nor track position to execute. don't care if he was a pro driver or not. first miata had barely sufficient track position, although it was in the dirt on the inside of turn 3, to get away with it. the green miata was well behind my rear bumper at the turn in point. slam the door? i think not. it was a bone head move in an enduro to try a stunt like he did. he could have used a lot more skill by making a safer pass attempt in turn 4.

charrbq
11-24-2005, 06:16 PM
I don't doubt your point of view. I agree that SM drivers are cut from a different cloth (one with ragged edges). I only spoke of what I heard from more than one observer of the incident. He was the big loser, whether it was a bonehead stunt or not. I sympathize with you, though. You can't make yourself disappear just because two cars are in a heated race. :unsure: