PDA

View Full Version : ARRC Results

bobpink
11-12-2005, 07:51 PM
ARRC Provisional Results are posted. Sorry everyone for the late posting as T & S had some issues with a new system and I had another commitment to attend to and can't be at Road Atlanta this weekend.

*All groups have action pending so final results may differ.

Andy Bettencourt
11-12-2005, 09:52 PM
Awewsome job with the results. Congrats to the Northeastern gus who did so well.

AB

Eagle7
11-12-2005, 10:50 PM
Our CenDiv reps did us proud. :happy204:

Podium finishes in S, A, B, and C :smilie_pokal:

Way to go guys. :023:

RSTPerformance
11-12-2005, 11:09 PM
I am in burlington VT and can't view the format that the ARRC page has, what are the results!!!

Lets here the stories!!!

Raymond "drinking away the sorros of not being at the race!!!" Blethen

bobpink
11-12-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance@Nov 13 2005, 03:09 AM
I am in burlington VT and can't view the format that the ARRC page has, what are the results!!!

The results are in PDF format and you shouldn't have a problem viewing them with Acrobat.

Banzai240
11-12-2005, 11:51 PM
Does anyone have any impressions of how the racing went? Was it good, bad, competitive, a runaway??

If you have any constructive feedback from this event... something that would give insight beyond just looking at lap times, I know I'd, and I'm sure the rest of the ITAC as well, would love to hear it...

I've already downloaded all the qualifying and results, as well as the entry list, so I can do my own analysis of how things look, but I'd love to hear your war stories as well...

So, when you all get back from Atlanta, let 'er rip!

Thanks,

p99ro
11-13-2005, 02:12 AM
HI Everybody who did not go.
Weather was 70`s and sunny. Ha ha to the NER guys Snow huh?
In ITA was a great race Anthony got up to 3rd for a little but had troubles with over heating. Greg Amy was the man from NER. Q 4th finshed 4th. What a battle. Ray LeeChee came in 6th. The Front guys were flying New track record in Q.
I have some video as soon as I get back ray has the tapes and maybe he can put some on line to veiw like the start.
In B Dave Grand Was a hot shoe. Was involed with Mr Moore and another car but not his fault. drove with the left bummper under the car for 19 laps. Burned up some tires and stayed right in there. First time at the track. Others will fill in more I`m sure. Me I had fun in Test day. Blew a tranny that day Oh well we chased axels and axel and finally figured late friday night it was the tranny. :bash_1_: Turkey Bless his soul found a tranny for 350 but My cell was dead missed the guys in the paddock and by the time we called him back we would have been 15 min shy of getting it in. :( So Next year I bring a tranny and motor spare car. All I know is that track can beat the living poop out of a car. The Pro race had a car drop out every lap. Still had a great time Nice folks down here. Drive a little slow and like to talk a lot while doing stuff but thats from my Fast get it done yesterday living in CT.
That track is a wonder to drive I hope to really drive next year. :happy204:
Scott NER ITA CRXsi New number #07

gsbaker
11-13-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Banzai240@Nov 12 2005, 11:51 PM
Does anyone have any impressions of how the racing went? Was it good, bad, competitive, a runaway??

If you have any constructive feedback from this event... something that would give insight beyond just looking at lap times, I know I'd, and I'm sure the rest of the ITAC as well, would love to hear it...

I've already downloaded all the qualifying and results, as well as the entry list, so I can do my own analysis of how things look, but I'd love to hear your war stories as well...

So, when you all get back from Atlanta, let 'er rip!

Thanks,

The racing was excellent. IT.com contributors performed very well in ITA, as usual. Dave Gran got knocked around a bit in ITB, but otherwise it was pretty clean. The ITS race may have been determined by traffic as the RX-7 was gaining slowly on the first place BMW (names?) but could not get by. I'm sure drivers will have more stories once they get back home.

Great people, great racing, great track, great weather and a great party at the sports grill last night. Aside from that it's been a dull weekend. :)

Geo
11-13-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by gsbaker@Nov 13 2005, 06:42 AM
Great people, great racing, great track, great weather and a great party at the sports grill last night. Aside from that it's been a dull weekend. :)

God, I have such fond memories from last year. Wish I could have made it this year, but I've been working crazy hours and plenty of weekends so it was impossible to fit on the schedule. Hopefully I'll be able to make it next year with my car. :)

ddewhurst
11-13-2005, 03:19 PM
What happened to Coello #17 in Spec Miata ?

m glassburner
11-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Spec miata's website has a good breakdown of that race... :023:

gsbaker
11-14-2005, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Geo@Nov 13 2005, 12:07 PM
God, I have such fond memories from last year. Wish I could have made it this year... with my car. :)

It seemed like everytime I turned around someone was asking, "Where's Geo?" Put it on your calendar for next year. Even if the car isn't ready, the event is worth the trip. :023:

Geo
11-14-2005, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by gsbaker@Nov 13 2005, 11:10 PM
It seemed like everytime I turned around someone was asking, "Where's Geo?" Put it on your calendar for next year. Even if the car isn't ready, the event is worth the trip. :023:

I'll definitely be there next year with or without the car. I was going to fly in this year, but my work schedule has been entirely too unstable this year to do it.

Knestis
11-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Cameron and I went down to "help" Anthony Serra. Anyone who knows the way he prepares his car know that means standing around a lot, since nothing ever breaks or needs substantial work. We looked good by association...

The racng rocked. There wasn't a single runaway in the IT races, including S where Chet W. had to actually race someone, it looked like. I didn't take note of lap times but it was a good 'un.

A was 'A'mazing. Anthony caught a rock in the radiator and was overheating, Greg A. did a really masterful job of fending off the attacks - and I do mean "attacks" of the CRX behind him, and there was good racing through the field.

I'll let Scott Giles tell his own story but the short explanation was, "I should just get a shirt made that says, 'I f****d up.'"

We didn't get to see much of the B race but Dave Gran DID do a really good job, and got beat up all over the place - including getting excluded completely after he thought he'd finished out of the impound places. "I was seventh! I was SEVENTH! I WAS SEVENTH!"

We didn't stay for the enduro, since I had to get home to prepare for the meeting I'm sitting here waiting to start, so I don't know how that went but it was great to finally meet Gregg B. and a bunch of other imaginary Internet people in person, and see some folks I haven't seen for a while. We're planning on running the revitalized Golf next year, since Gran was such a first-timer inspiration...

K

racer#10
11-14-2005, 12:21 PM
Sorry but where are the provisional results posted ??? :blink:

Thank you !!

bobpink
11-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by racer#10@Nov 14 2005, 04:21 PM
Sorry but where are the provisional results posted ??? :blink:

ARRC Website (http://www.arrc-online.com)

tcpip
11-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Hmm.. I just looked at the pictures of Dave G. Apparently he didn't realize I was joking when I suggested putting a bullseye on his car. I wonder what mood he'll be in at work tomorrow. Happy that he finished 6th, but aggravated that he has more body work to fix this winter.

gsbaker
11-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Knestis@Nov 14 2005, 10:56 AM
We didn't stay for the enduro...

The icing on Scott Giles' cake was delivered during the enduro when Rene, his co-driver, was sandwiched between an SM and another IT car coming down T12. All three went off with Rene hitting the inside wall, then the outside wall. Bruised egos and ribs only, fortunately.

G