PDA

View Full Version : 4-Hour Summit Pt. Nov 19

aeronca65t
11-10-2005, 12:32 PM
We'll be running our annual 4-Hour Enduro at Summit Point on Nov 19.
As usual, the race will start at twilight and go into the night. If you're racing, bring your Super Oscars and maybe a set of night-vision goggles. B)

This enduro is "indexed", with slower cars (like our Spridget) starting first and the fastest cars starting up to a half hour later.
Most lap completed at the end wins....the "index" always makes it seem like a long sprint.
Last year, a small-bore car won overall (but it probably didn't hurt that he had the best windshield wipers too!). :lol:

We'll also be running sprint races and there will be a Time Trail (good for street cars) on Sunday, Nov 20

More Info: www.emraracing.org

mgyip
11-10-2005, 02:43 PM
I'll be there freezing my little behind off and crewing for some friends - no funds this season to race but there's always next year...

erlrich
11-10-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by mgyip@Nov 10 2005, 02:43 PM
I'll be there freezing my little behind off and crewing for some friends

Now, now, that's enough talk of freezing :018:

I'll be there Saturday, flagging for the sprints, and then running in the school and TT Sunday, so I'm only thinking warm thoughts.

spnkzss
11-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by aeronca65t@Nov 10 2005, 12:32 PM
We'll be running our annual 4-Hour Enduro at Summit Point on Nov 19.
As usual, the race will start at twilight and go into the night. If you're racing, bring your Super Oscars and maybe a set of night-vision goggles. B)

This enduro is "indexed", with slower cars (like our Spridget) starting first and the fastest cars starting up to a half hour later.
Most lap completed at the end wins....the "index" always makes it seem like a long sprint.
Last year, a small-bore car won overall (but it probably didn't hurt that he had the best windshield wipers too!). :lol:

We'll also be running sprint races and there will be a Time Trail (good for street cars) on Sunday, Nov 20

More Info: www.emraracing.org

I'll be there with one extra driver this year instead of 2. No offense Yip :)

When will we hear about the schedule of events? Is there a practice on Friday? Also, when can we find out who has registered?

Thanks

mgyip
11-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by spnkzss@Nov 10 2005, 03:30 PM

Don't worry, I'll be the one mooning you in turn 1...
:119:

dave parker
11-10-2005, 04:42 PM
The Mo Beer Racing team ( a drinking team with a racing problem) will be there to better last years finishing result (second overall). We have pretty good wipers ourselves and will continue to pray for rain.

Night time endurance racing, the colder and wetter the better it is.

Hey Spanky,
Who is your co-driver?

Cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC->HP #97

spnkzss
11-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by dave parker@Nov 10 2005, 04:42 PM
The Mo Beer Racing team ( a drinking team with a racing problem) will be there to better last years finishing result (second overall). We have pretty good wipers ourselves and will continue to pray for rain.

Night time endurance racing, the colder and wetter the better it is.

Hey Spanky,
Who is your co-driver?
Cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC->HP #97

Wouldn't you like to know. :P

Actually it's going to be me and Kevin. It should be interesting. Either way it's going to be fun. Now all I have to do is make sure that Kevin keeps it out of a wall or atleast puts both feet in when he spins :)

JamesB
11-10-2005, 10:01 PM
heh, too cold for my boys to be out there. then again probably be doing some work on the inside of my house before the holiday invasion starts.

Wreckerboy
11-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by spnkzss@Nov 10 2005, 03:30 PM

When will we hear about the schedule of events? Is there a practice on Friday? Also, when can we find out who has registered?

Thanks

All -

The Saturday schedule will be posted over at the EMRA homepage (www.emraracing.org) in a few days, but typically it will run thusly - Registration and Tech will open at 0700, a general driver's meeting sometime around 0800 or just before followed by and Enduro driver's meeting, and then practice and qualifying run groups.

I'm guessing that the Saturday run group order will be Small Bore, Big Bore, Open Wheel, repeat, and then an Enduro practice followed by races in the Small, Big, Open, sequence. The enduro will probably start sometime around 3 PM or thereabouts. At the end of the enduro we'll do trophies and beer. As is tradition, EMRA will be feeding the masses Saturday night. As is also tradition, some fool will go off in the waning minutes of the event and the Wreckerbabe and I will be late for dinner again.

Rumour has it that Jell-O will be available to the cognoscenti.

Sunday we'll have three short sprint races and warm-ups, a race school, and a Time Trial. The TT is a great opportunity for you dirvers to reward your hard working crew members with some seat time at a great track. For me, it's an opportunity for a rematch and to go head to head with a certain red Nissan.... :D

erlrich
11-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Wreckerboy@Nov 11 2005, 10:06 AM
For me, it's an opportunity for a rematch and to go head to head with a certain red Nissan.... :D

Hey now - if I recall correctly, you smoked my behind pretty throughly at the last Pocono event, so we're 1-1. I'm still trying to figure out where that 1:05 came from :huh:

If I didn't have such high regard for that tech guy I'd swear you snuck a nitrous bottle past him :D

Wreckerboy
11-11-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by erlrich@Nov 11 2005, 10:31 AM
....If I didn't have such high regard for that tech guy I'd swear you snuck a nitrous bottle past him :D

[Alvin Chipmunk] Nitrous, moi? [/Alvin Chipmunk] :D

See you at Summit - let's have some fun and scare ourselves silly. No wait, I'll be doing that Saturday night in the wrecker....

erlrich
11-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Wreckerboy@Nov 11 2005, 12:23 PM
See you at Summit - let's have some fun and scare ourselves silly. No wait, I'll be doing that Saturday night in the wrecker....

Can't wait! Oh, and don't take this the wrong way, but I really hope I don't see you much Saturday - except maybe in the lunch line :D

spnkzss
11-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Wreckerboy@Nov 11 2005, 10:06 AM
All -

The Saturday schedule will be posted over at the EMRA homepage (www.emraracing.org) in a few days, but typically it will run thusly - Registration and Tech will open at 0700, a general driver's meeting sometime around 0800 or just before followed by and Enduro driver's meeting, and then practice and qualifying run groups.

I'm guessing that the Saturday run group order will be Small Bore, Big Bore, Open Wheel, repeat, and then an Enduro practice followed by races in the Small, Big, Open, sequence. The enduro will probably start sometime around 3 PM or thereabouts. At the end of the enduro we'll do trophies and beer. As is tradition, EMRA will be feeding the masses Saturday night. As is also tradition, some fool will go off in the waning minutes of the event and the Wreckerbabe and I will be late for dinner again.

Rumour has it that Jell-O will be available to the cognoscenti.

Sunday we'll have three short sprint races and warm-ups, a race school, and a Time Trial. The TT is a great opportunity for you dirvers to reward your hard working crew members with some seat time at a great track. For me, it's an opportunity for a rematch and to go head to head with a certain red Nissan.... :D

Is there a night time practice Friday night for the Enduro?

Wreckerboy
11-11-2005, 06:35 PM
Sorry, no night practice on Friday. EMRA has the track Saturday and Sunday only.

dave parker
11-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Spanky
I am sure that you could get some "night practice" in after the FATT on Friday. :)
Although I doubt that the "begging for forgiveness" part will be fun afterwards,.....
But others have survived sitting in Mr. Scott's office begging forgiveness, just don't ask how I know. :bash_1_: :119: :P

See ya at the Point. Bring your own cold Newcastle.

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC->HP #97

JamesB
11-14-2005, 02:18 PM
you know you people are making me find excuses to drive out there on saturday

spnkzss
11-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by dave parker@Nov 14 2005, 02:13 PM
Spanky
I am sure that you could get some "night practice" in after the FATT on Friday. :)
Although I doubt that the "begging for forgiveness" part will be fun afterwards,.....
But others have survived sitting in Mr. Scott's office begging forgiveness, just don't ask how I know. :bash_1_: :119: :P

See ya at the Point. Bring your own cold Newcastle.

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC->HP #97

I don't know, the last time I even tried to cross the track to get to the infield out in turn 7 I got..... talked to.... by some Miata individuals. I figure Mr. Scott wouldn't be much worse ;)

With how cold it's going to be, I may want to bring some Bailey's for the nice hot coffee.