PDA

View Full Version : Club Racing Board meeting, Nov. 4

ulfelder
11-05-2005, 08:23 AM
* NER Club Racing finished the 2005 season almost $50K in the black. Kudos to the volunteers who ran such a successful program in an uncertain economy! :happy204: Brian M and others are thinking about the best ways to invest some of that dough. New scales are a definite go, and we may need a new equipment trailer - one of ours got caught up in the recent flooding.

* Here's one for you, Ben Phillips! We discussed the feeling among some non-NER drivers that the NARRC series is weighted too heavily toward NHIS. The proposal, which I assume NER will bring to the NARRC Committee: eliminate NARRC points for the Racing Against Leukemia Regional (the one held at NHIS in August in conjunction with the Enduro). This cuts the NARRC points pressure to travel to NHIS twice in three weeks (the Cheap Date Double Regional, held in early September, will remain a NARRC race).

* Here's an early peek at the 2006 schedule. These are NER events only (exception: WGI). One bit of buzz: another region, I forget which one, has been asked by Pocono to take Mother's Day Weekend for a NARRC double. The region doesn't like that weekend for obvious reasons, so the event is up in the air.

APRIL 21-23, NHIS: 2-day school, regional race

NEW! MAY 27-29 (Memorial Day Weekend), NHIS: There will be a double regional Saturday and Sunday. We have the track Monday, and the region is thinking about various options - maybe an HPDE. (Hey, I wonder if we could run the entire oval on this, the weekend of the Indy 500? :119: )

JUNE 16-17, LRP: School and regional

JULY 8-9, NHIS: Pig Roast double regional

JULY 22-23, WGI: Double regional (hosted by Glen Region)

AUG 26-27, NHIS: Racing Against Leukemia, enduro and regional

SEPT 9-10, NHIS: Cheap Date double regional

OCT 20-21, LRP: NARRC Runoffs

Corrections and additions welcomed if I got anything wrong ...

Steve U
Flatout Motorsports
05 ITS

Andy Bettencourt
11-05-2005, 10:00 PM
Dear Santa,

You know that letter I sent you about a month ago? Please disregard. It was the one where I asked for a MoTec EMS, shocks that could soak up some sweet bumps, a 4.88 differential, a couple sets of 9lb wheels, a full spherical suspension set-up, and full-tilt motor for my IT project. Ya, that letter.

My new list has only one thing on it; and this one won't cost you any overtime with the Elf Union. Actually, Mrs. Kringle may be able to help you with my request:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...no NARRC race on Mother's Day! It will be the last time you see me alive.

Thank you!

Andy Bettencourt

PS: I promise not to pull Kathy Barnes' pig-tails again... :D

Greg Amy
11-05-2005, 11:27 PM
My imagination, or are we for all intents and purposes, basically giving the finger to LRP?

Good.

ulfelder
11-06-2005, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by GregAmy@Nov 6 2005, 03:27 AM
My imagination, or are we for all intents and purposes, basically giving the finger to LRP?

A finger has been given, but I would suggest we are the flippees rather than the flippers ...

ed325its
11-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Steve,

Some might not remember but we used to run on Memorial Day weekend at NHIS. IIRC the format was a two day regional (Saturday and Sunday) and a one day regional on Monday. Monday did not have seperate qualifying as the grid was set be the Sunday race results. I would like to see that format again.

Some of my fellow long-term NHIS racers might rememebr better than I. Ray?
:eclipsee_steering:

ed325its
11-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Andy,

It's only Mother's Day and you will survive. I have been spending my Aniversary at LRP for many years without significant ill effects.

:119:

almracing
11-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Sure.... no big deal... We have been celebrating my wife's B-Day at the track for few years now (Sept race). Then again, she has been scheduling more family trips on racing weekends... DOH!!

Anthony R.
ITA #86 NER

67ITB
11-06-2005, 11:03 PM
Come on AB,
Weren’t you in Topeka for Nationals when the kid was born?

I can still talk trash because I am not a parent yet!!!! But I don’t think I will be at the track for Mother’s day either.
Matt Bal

Jake
11-06-2005, 11:54 PM
So who's taking all our LRP dates? Just two years ago there were 4, then there were 3, now only 2?

ulfelder
11-07-2005, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Jake@Nov 7 2005, 03:54 AM
So who's taking all our LRP dates? Just two years ago there were 4, then there were 3, now only 2?

Actually, these are NER dates; I wasn't seeking to list all NEDIV dates. I guess I caused confusion by listing the NARRCoffs and the Glen event, which are not run by NER; sorry about that. Bottom line, there will be other LRP regionals in 2006 put on by NNJR and NYR.

Steve

dickita15
11-07-2005, 08:19 AM
Steve only posted the one Ner regional at lrp. Ner will also be running a national. The schedule at LRP is still in flux. I hope it will be resolved this weekend.

Jake your facts are a little off though the trend is right.

There are 10 unmuffled Saturdays per year as well as the Fridays and the 3 summer holidays. In the very old days two saturdays were pro and 8 were scca club racing.

then one went to the vintage festival and there were 7

then one went to Ferrari and then there were 6

and in 06 they added grand am and there were 5

a few years ago mohud figured out july 4th was being wasted, but only when it does not run into a weekend.

this year july 4th is back on and scca has only 5 saturdays. I expect that will mean 2 nationals and 4 regionals. what region will do which i do not yet know but probably most of you do not care about that.

benspeed
11-07-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by ulfelder@Nov 5 2005, 12:23 PM

* Here's one for you, Ben Phillips! We discussed the feeling among some non-NER drivers that the NARRC series is weighted too heavily toward NHIS. The proposal, which I assume NER will bring to the NARRC Committee: eliminate NARRC points for the Racing Against Leukemia Regional (the one held at NHIS in August in conjunction with the Enduro). This cuts the NARRC points pressure to travel to NHIS twice in three weeks (the Cheap Date Double Regional, held in early September, will remain a NARRC race).

Hey Steve - thank the board on their cosideration of the points scheduling!

AB - NNJR is the region contemplating the Mothers Day double at Pocono. We have a Board Meeting on Tuesday - I'll relay the determination, if made. We're not thrilled about the prospect of our region possibly losing a ton of $$ holding a race on that weekend.

Quick poll - how many would sit out a Mothers Day weekend race date? (Got your vote Andy, but I will put in a good word with Santa :lol: )

7racing
11-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by dickita15@Nov 7 2005, 12:19 PM

and in 06 they added grand am and there were 5

Am I missing something? I thought Grand Am was on Mem day, which was never really a weekend for Club Racing in the past. Or did something else happen?

I understand we are at 5, but I never could grasp why. Sometimes I be slow. :bash_1_:

Oh, and somewhere above there was a comment about NHIS having a Memorial day event in the past. I remember that as a National on Sat/Sun and Regional on Monday.

Jeremy

RSTPerformance
11-07-2005, 12:56 PM
My brother and I try not to do anything on Mothers day anymore as we have both had major accidents doing other adventures besides scca racing on that day.... maybe we get punished for not hanging with mom... however didn't she always wish that would just go away :119: figures... dam if we do, dammed if we don't!!! (mom reads this site, so yes mom, that was just a joke :rolleyes: )

Anyway I would prefer not to have it that weekend, however if that ment no NARRC at Pocono, then I change that. I think that we need to keep the NARRC series at as many tracks possible, to keep it from being a track specific championship. JMO

RAymond " I love Pocono" Blethen

ulfelder
11-07-2005, 05:37 PM
Ben: I was really hoping to hit Pocono for the first time in '06, and all my buddies say I would love it there (or, more specifically, that my motor would).

But I absolutely cannot be gone on Mother's Day. My wife puts up with much, but that would be the last straw.

Steve

dickita15
11-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by 7racing@Nov 7 2005, 11:55 AM
Am I missing something? I thought Grand Am was on Mem day, which was never really a weekend for Club Racing in the past. Or did something else happen?

I understand we are at 5, but I never could grasp why. Sometimes I be slow. :bash_1_:

Oh, and somewhere above there was a comment about NHIS having a Memorial day event in the past. I remember that as a National on Sat/Sun and Regional on Monday.

Jeremy

nah this is to easy so I will be kind. busch was on memorial day and then got moved to the narrc off date. do not get hung up on when the 10 saturdays are during the year. last year 1 alms, 2 busch, 3 vintage, 4 ferrari. this year add grand am for 5. that leaves 5 for club racing.

by the way the grand am race is GT only no prototypes. at mexico they had 28 cars. 20 protptypes and 8 GTs. :(

16v
11-08-2005, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by dickita15@Nov 7 2005, 06:05 PM
nah this is to easy so I will be kind. busch was on memorial day and then got moved to the narrc off date. do not get hung up on when the 10 saturdays are during the year. last year 1 alms, 2 busch, 3 vintage, 4 ferrari. this year add grand am for 5. that leaves 5 for club racing.

by the way the grand am race is GT only no prototypes. at mexico they had 28 cars. 20 protptypes and 8 GTs. :(

ALMS @ LRP could only muster 7 P cars and and 15 GT cars :unsure: :bash_1_:

dickita15
11-08-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by 16v@Nov 8 2005, 03:22 AM
ALMS @ LRP could only muster 7 P cars and and 15 GT cars :unsure: :bash_1_:

22 is 175% more that 8.

maybe they will fill out the rest of the field with miatas

Dave Zaslow
11-08-2005, 09:33 AM
Mothers Day is OK by me.

Dave Z

Originally posted by benspeed@Nov 7 2005, 10:55 AM
Hey Steve - thank the board on their cosideration of the points scheduling!

AB - NNJR is the region contemplating the Mothers Day double at Pocono. We have a Board Meeting on Tuesday - I'll relay the determination, if made. We're not thrilled about the prospect of our region possibly losing a ton of $$ holding a race on that weekend.

Quick poll - how many would sit out a Mothers Day weekend race date? (Got your vote Andy, but I will put in a good word with Santa :lol: )

dpc
11-08-2005, 10:01 AM
speaking of SM, youshould read the statement from Humpy Wheeler on the SM.com site. dave

bg43wex
11-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by dickita15@Nov 7 2005, 10:05 PM

Maybe they got stuck in customs?

Andy Bettencourt
11-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by dpc@Nov 8 2005, 10:01 AM
speaking of SM, youshould read the statement from Humpy Wheeler on the SM.com site. dave

Link?

Scott Koschwitz
11-08-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by dpc@Nov 8 2005, 02:01 PM

No Mother's Day weekend race at Pocono, if possible.

I really wanted to run the double this year, but coul;dn't make it out. I'm looking forward to running it in 2006. If it's scheduled on Mother's Day weekend, there's no way I could run it.

JIgou
11-09-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Nov 8 2005, 07:09 PM
Link?

Now displayed on the homepage.

http://www.specmiata.com

Jarrod

16v
11-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by JIgou@Nov 9 2005, 11:53 AM
Now displayed on the homepage.

http://www.specmiata.com

Jarrod

"Humpy" <beavis laugh>heehe heehe</beavis laugh>

BobsAuto
11-12-2005, 09:53 AM
[/QUOTE][quote]
My brother and I try not to do anything on Mothers day anymore as we have both had major accidents doing other adventures besides scca racing on that day.... maybe we get punished for not hanging with mom... however didn&#39;t she always wish that would just go away :119: figures... dam if we do, dammed if we don&#39;t!!! (mom reads this site, so yes mom, that was just a joke :rolleyes: ) [quote]

No I have NEVER wished that you&#39;d just go away.... :o And yes, I know that it is just a joke, but yeh, Mother&#39;s Day does seem to have some quirks for you guys, but also remember you have had some pretty darned good races at Pocono that weekend and given me a Mother&#39;s Day gift of bragging rights. :smilie_pokal:
I agree with your theory, the NARRC should be on as many race tracks in the North Atlantic region as possible to make it truly a North Atlantic Region series. The Glen would be an excellent venue and Pocono should be kept as well. Aren&#39;t there other tracks north of the Mason Dixon line that aren&#39;t being utilized for this event?

As a former racer in the series, I had to give my 2 cents on this thread. Enjoy, back to being invisible. :D

Trish (the Mom of those daring Blethen boys)