PDA

View Full Version : Racing Exhaust on a Neon

mcgyverit
11-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Now that I have the first season done with the converted SSC/ITA 95 Neon, I was wanting to make a few upgrades to a couple of areas, one being the exhaust for my SOHC. Current exhaust is stock from the manifold back, has anyone already done this and have any ideas what not to do? Do you have to incorporate the O2 sensor still? Advise on Exhaust Manifolds?

thanks,

joeg
11-04-2005, 11:28 AM
Someone has got to make a header for that car!

After that header, make your own system. 2.25 or 2.5 would be correct.

I'd say you need the sensor; not sure though.

JamesB
11-04-2005, 11:33 AM
a quick google I found a few manues making them for the 95

Kirk Racing makes one, so does Megan Racing. Pace setter has a listing for the DOHC.

All of them have the O2 bung at the collector.

GregM
11-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by mcgyverit@Nov 3 2005, 12:29 PM
Now that I have the first season done with the converted SSC/ITA 95 Neon, I was wanting to make a few upgrades to a couple of areas, one being the exhaust for my SOHC. Current exhaust is stock from the manifold back, has anyone already done this and have any ideas what not to do? Do you have to incorporate the O2 sensor still? Advise on Exhaust Manifolds?

thanks,

I have two ITA Neons and one has already been fitted with a TTi header and it fit great and came with all the hardware. The other has a header on order for it. Exhaust must exit behind the driver as per GCR 17.1.4 D 1 g . Page ITCS-6

I also installed the Mopar EGR blockoff kit. I bolted up the stock exhaust right up to the header with the provided hardware.

GregM
01-02-2006, 08:31 PM
Just installed the second cars exhaust system. Much easier install than the first. I used some protective heat shield sleeving over the trans cables and o2 sensor wires. Made for a nice finished install.
Great setup from TTi

super8neon
01-03-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by GregM@Jan 2 2006, 06:31 PM
Just installed the second cars exhaust system. Much easier install than the first. I used some protective heat shield sleeving over the trans cables and o2 sensor wires. Made for a nice finished install.
Great setup from TTi

Kirk Racing Header = Good.. but needs some clean up work on the head ports.
Eliminates the Catalytic Converter, and bolts into factory exhaust.

Pacesetter Header = Don't waste your time.
Stock Exhaust Manifold probably flows better.
I've seen plenty of these crack and break.

Check Ebay every now and then, I have seen Mopar Headers popping up every now and then.

2.5" Dynomax Cat-Back Exhaust is a nice piece. It looks almost stock...
except for the larger diameter exhaust pipe and larger muffler exits in the
stock location.

mcgyverit
01-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks guys, great information that i was looking for.

ITAntNeon
03-24-2006, 06:29 PM
Hey all you guys with the tti header. Does it have a three bolt flange at the end? Did you keep a cat? How did you incorporate a flex joint?

Can you send me some pics?

I plan on getting a tti long tube header. I just need to figure out how to fab up the remaining exhaust from there back.

My current plan is to use a three bolt flange (assumption there) straight to a stainless steel flex joint that then feeds into the exhaust tube and muffler.

Any experience with muffler fitment that you guys can pass along. I have made some measurements and assumptions. Without knowing the end point of the header it is hard to be certain.

Speed Raycer
03-24-2006, 11:49 PM
You can do what Mike G did for his Omni. Throw some parts at your brother and say "make me a header!"http://www.izzyscustomcages.com/images/CustCars/OmniHeaderCUSM.jpghttp://www.izzyscustomcages.com/images/CustCars/OmniHeaderSM.jpg