PDA

View Full Version : VW Rabbit Restoration Parts

Halftrack
11-03-2005, 01:24 PM
I know these things have usualy been hashed to death but here goes.

I just bought a 1984 VW Rabbit/GTI I would like to restore it and run/show it. I would like to take it to some SCCA track days or something of the sort. Does any one have any good sources for ext. int. pieces that normal parts stores dont have?

Thanks in advance

JamesB
11-03-2005, 01:35 PM
If your looking to run PDE/HPDE and do a resto on it there are some good companies to connect with for parts. Mike Potterman at www.parts4vws.com, NGP Racing www.ngpracing.net, and another decent company is Old Skool Industries http://www.oldskoolindustries.com/

The offer both performance and resto parts. Another good source for just repair parts is Adirondack Auto Brokers at www.germanautoparts.com

Greg Amy
11-03-2005, 01:39 PM
eBay.

RSTPerformance
11-03-2005, 02:38 PM
I can not suggest to anyone enough to at least try Force 5 Automotive (www.force5auto.com). Chris (the owner) worked with another Audi/VW place when we met him. He has sponsored us since he split with the company he was working with and started his own company IE: Force 5 Automotive. He has helped us and many other racers. He has contacts around the world (mostly in Rally) and has a huge brain filled with TONS of ideas and knowledge.

At least give him a try and give us a plug ;)

Thanks;

Raymond

JLawton
11-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Halftrack@Nov 3 2005, 12:24 PM
restore it and run/show it.

Hmmmm, I don't think you can do both!! Not in IT!!

Replacement parts for a race car...... The cheapest place you can find them. Junk yard, tag sales, parts cars, Ebay, (I hate to suggest VWVortex.com........)

For race parts: Shine, Bildon.

For show parts...........The VW Vortex crowd would be able to give you some direction.

sneville44
11-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Check out this outfit...The Parts Place...they're a combination mail-order company, salvage yard and parts store for all makes of VW including A1's. Good luck with your project!

Here's the link: http://www.partsplaceinc.com/