PDA

View Full Version : just a hello

ronin12
11-03-2005, 09:40 AM
:) I just wanted to say hello to anyone and or everyone. Just joined today, but have been around racing for many years. Started at about 5 yrs. old helping my dad T@S at LRP and was instantly hooked. Drifted in and out for many years but after my father passed a few years ago I decided to take our interest one step further. I recently joined the SCCA and will be flagging(I think) for a couple of years and then I hope to be able to get a car for IT. So down the road I will probably have lots of questions but for now I just wanted to say Hey, and hope to meet or chat with some of you in the future! ( sorry if this seems hokey) :rolleyes:

RSTPerformance
11-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Hello!!!

Welcome :)

I was much like you and started in T&S when I was way to young to count... I also did other duties like checkard flag running at Bryar Motorsorts Park!!! That was the best job as a youngster :)

Anyway, who are you??? do we know you??? Where are you??? You might be interested in joining the road racing comp board and getting more involved than just flagging. Also anything we can do to help let us know...

Welcome again;

Raymond

ronin12
11-03-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance@Nov 3 2005, 11:27 AM
Hello!!!

Welcome :)

I was much like you and started in T&S when I was way to young to count... I also did other duties like checkard flag running at Bryar Motorsorts Park!!! That was the best job as a youngster :)

Anyway, who are you??? do we know you??? Where are you??? You might be interested in joining the road racing comp board and getting more involved than just flagging. Also anything we can do to help let us know...
Welcome again;

Raymond

ronin12
11-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by ronin12@Nov 3 2005, 11:53 AM

Raymond,
Thanks for the welcome and the response. I am new to all this posting and forums so please forgive my newbieness. My name is John live in New Haven County CT, no you wouldn't know me although I have seen your cars(Audis) running up at LRP. :023: I usually wander through the paddock numerous times. What is the comp. board? For many years I just sat back and have done nothing and recently someone had asked me what I truly enjoyed and it took a few minutes but my only response was racing, since the early days of the Camel series and watching P. Newman and B. Sharp and all the other legends racing the only problem was fear of taking the next step. After my father passed it took a few years to get back to the track, but after I did my passion increased and my desire to race started to grow. I figured the best thing to do was getting involved in learning the right choices then trying to go racing. Once again I have rambled on too much. One last note it is kind of ironic that you responded because I have actually seen you racing and this morning I was looking through the IT classifieds and saw an Audi GT ITB coupe for sale.
thanx again, John :)

RSTPerformance
11-03-2005, 02:25 PM
not one of our Audio's for sale, but I will say that is a great car especially for the price!!! If I had a few extra dollars I would bye it, but I don't :( It has a lot of expensive stuff on it that our cars don't have...

Anyway, the comp board meetings for NER are in Worcester, I think thier is one this Friday (I wont be going, just not enough time). more info can be found at www.ner.org. I would suggest contacting Brian M or Dick P to get more info. They are posters on this site so look for them and send them a "PM" (thats all new to me also).

Good Luck!!!

Raymond