PDA

View Full Version : Legends?

jjadczak
10-30-2005, 01:54 PM
Does anyone know anyone who is running the IMEX Legends cars in SCCA/NASA/EMRA?

I know of someone who is interested in getting into road racing with a Legend and I would like to get this guy in contact with other Legends owners.

Please contact me at: [email protected] if you can help me locate these racers

Thanks.

Jeremy Jadczak

dave parker
11-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Jeremy
So far the only group in the Washington DC area that allows INEX Legends cars to road race is NASA MidAtlantic.

Washington DC Region SCCA does not allow them to participate in MARRS races.

I can not (and will not) speak for EMRA, but their Chief of Tech Rob Myles (known to the world as WRECKERBOY, Hero for the Momentum Challanged) lurks here often and can probably answer your question.

Cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

dickita15
11-02-2005, 04:42 PM
wow dave, I am suprised that WDC bans them as they are a gcr regional only class. that said I am not impress with them once in a while we see one at Lime Rock. I have not seen one at NHIS in years.

gsbaker
11-02-2005, 04:56 PM
We have a customer who occasionally races his legend on road courses, but I'm not aware of the sanctioning body, off hand. He did crash it, but could still offer some advice.

I'm surprised anyone would have a problem with this. Sure, they're kinda goofy looking next to a formula car, but the CG is lower than it appears and there is plenty of power. Probably a gas to drive.

PM me.

dave parker
11-02-2005, 04:59 PM
Dick
I think that the Washington DC Region's mindset is threefold, 1) we already have more than enough classes that a MARRS weekend is jam packed. 2) we have not seen a huge movement of SCCA members wanting to race these cars. 3) what do you group them with? They are not closed wheel sedans(since the tires are the part that sticks out the farthest)But, they are not open wheel cars either. I have run NASA events at Summit Point where the NASA people grouped Legends with the small bore IT cars, it did not work very well at all.

I have driven a Legends car at the Turkey Bowl several years ago. It was interesting but not what I want to race.

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

Wreckerboy
11-03-2005, 09:56 AM
Dave -

Thanks for the kind words. I think. For the record, I do not consider it "lurking", just reading what others have to say, and where possible offering something of value. That doesn't happen terribly often, hence my pathetic post count. That being said, I think I need a beer. Do you know where I can get a cold Newcastle? I will gladly pay for it in the bovine coin of the realm, jell-o.

To answer the original question, EMRA (www.emraracing.org) does allow the INEX cars to run with us, in fact, we had a nice collection of them for our November Summit race a few years back. It was easily half distance before they stopped going four and five wide through the carousel. We get a smattering of them during the course of the year. The original poster might want to post a question to try to contact them by paging Jonathan Reimels, who ran with us at Pocono North in September, at the EMRA Boardroom - http://www.pliner.net/appmb/486a10/.

To answer the REAL orignal question, I have no idea who to talk to in the area about, but have always found the guys at INEX (the sanctioning body out of 600Racing) to be good to deal with. Take a look at http://www.600racing.com/ or contact them directly to find out who is their man on the ground around here.

Enjoy -

Wreckerboy
Hero To The Momentum Challenged

dave parker
11-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Rob
The COLD Newcastle will be in the back of my pickup at the Twinight Enduro.
Please feel free to imbibe copius quantities. Beware that you may have to wrestle with the "MoBeer Crew" who feel that any beer found in the back of my truck is hard won treasure that they will not easily part with. But, they like Jello shots too, so you probably can barter with them.

Stop making fun of Bovines. They are large, sensitive, creatures that in addition to being extremely tasty make for great racing stories. Particulary when they chose to spectate a night race center of track.

What flag would a corner station display to indicate a Bovine presence on the racing surface?

See ya in a couple of weeks.

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

Wreckerboy
11-03-2005, 10:42 AM
Dangerous -

What flag indeed! Please be certain to attend the driver's meeting, as we have created a special flag for just that occaision. Trust me, it beats the hell out of doing the traditional antler dance for deer on track. The year before the Great Bovine Incident we had a FV collect a deer in the chute in the morning. Mmm, air-cooled venison. :119:

WB

dave parker
11-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Rob
I have seen the Bovine flag. I wish it had been available the night that it was really needed. No blood, No foul. :119:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled tom foolery. :happy204:

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker

jjadczak
11-03-2005, 12:32 PM
Thanks to everyone for getting back to me. This is very helpful.

dpc
11-03-2005, 07:35 PM
help for setting up a legend is on the way, trust me dave

dpc
11-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Hope you got my e-mail about Dave Dart. dave