PDA

View Full Version : ITB Rules ?

Ned Stevens
10-25-2005, 08:22 PM
Maybe a stupid question-but is it legal (can I race) with a passenger seat in my car, or only a drivers seat? Maybe it is in the GCR, but I can't seem to find it. I want to have a second seat in my car(Kirkey race w/5pt. harness to give my 16 yr. old some experience on a track Thanks, NED

charrbq
10-25-2005, 08:43 PM
Rules say you can remove the seat it you want. If you don't want to, you don't have to remove it. For that matter, you could leave in the back seat if you wanted. As long as you don't intend to use them for passengers at club events. Some regions won't even let you run passengers at an autocross. :)

lateapex911
10-25-2005, 09:07 PM
the passenger thing is interesting, and all over the place. Many clubs allow "instructors" or "students" (Ie PAID participants, and on the waiver) to ride, but only if the seat and restraints are equal to the drivers.

(Not sure I see the logic if the drivers seat is allowed to be stock, but isn't)

Your Mileage WILL Vary!

Jake
10-25-2005, 09:39 PM
You can keep in the stock passenger seat or remove it. You are not allowed to install a race seat in the passenger location. BTW - I think this is the singlemost stupid rule in the entire GCR.

FWIW, who would support making it legal to run a running a racing passenger seat in IT?

This should be an absolute no brainer if the SCCA is serious about a feeder HPDE-type program.

RSTPerformance
10-25-2005, 11:07 PM
I have a passenger "racing" seat that bolts into the Audi... My brother and I have used it for driver schools, as well as things such as Ice Racing... We have not always taken it out for races (but that doesn't make it right).

if it was in the rules that we could have one, I bet people would tend to make it into some sort of structual benefit, thus the spoilers ruin the fun :angry:

Raymond "Navagators could prevent some accidents, you think?" Blethen :)

charrbq
10-25-2005, 11:32 PM
We tried Ice Racing in Baton Rouge once...once. Bayou Manchac took way more ice than Brown Eagle ice could supply. Plus, dem gators kept bitin' the tires on my Subaru! :lol:

Bildon
10-26-2005, 12:15 AM
>> I bet people would tend to make it into some sort of structual benefit

http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/uploads/av-782.jpg

:ph34r:

dickita15
10-26-2005, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance@Oct 25 2005, 11:07 PM
We have not always taken it out for races (but that doesn't make it right).

A hah. the southerners are right you do cheat. :P

gran racing
10-26-2005, 08:26 AM
It is sad, but I can see someone using a led plate as the bottom seat area. I know it doesn't move the weight much further back then if it were it is in the front passenger footwell, but it is a little. Still stinks.

Doc Bro
10-26-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Bildon@Oct 26 2005, 04:15 AM
>> I bet people would tend to make it into some sort of structual benefit

http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/uploads/av-782.jpg

:ph34r:

We run the stock passenger seat in the Z3 because the car is light. We put it on the scales with the pass. seat out and the necessary ballast on the footwell and it changed the weight percentages unfavorably. When we put the seat back in the car looked much better balance wise. It's really uncool having a stock passenger seat in your racecar but thems they joys of running a short wheelbase!!
Rob