PDA

View Full Version : My video-how NOT to take the Bus Stop @ the Glen

Ben 84 RX-7
10-25-2005, 02:25 PM
http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2KS36DX...RA2KN7RZDY4CDHW (http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2KS36DXMU40RA2KN7RZDY4CDHW)

gsbaker
10-25-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Ben 84 RX-7@Oct 25 2005, 02:25 PM
http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2KS36DX...RA2KN7RZDY4CDHW (http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2KS36DXMU40RA2KN7RZDY4CDHW)

Hey Ben,

It looks like you learned that from one of my school videos. :)

Are we safe to assume that the only thing damaged was your ego?

Ben 84 RX-7
10-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by gsbaker@Oct 25 2005, 07:34 PM
Hey Ben,

It looks like you learned that from one of my school videos. :)

Are we safe to assume that the only thing damaged was your ego?

Yup...car is still straight! I qualified 3rd in class...5th on the grid. The start was S-L-O-W! We took the green at about 30 mph. Needless to say...my '84 RX-7 is not a torque monster! I got smoked by all the Hondas when the green flew and I was frustrated to say the least! This was a prime example of driving frustrated instead of intelligently. You can see that I lose the rear at the exact time that I hit the concrete patch.

By the way Gregg...Jake Gulick told me to contact you about an Isaac setup. I am definitely going to get one H+N system in one form or another before next season!

gsbaker
10-25-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Ben 84 RX-7@Oct 25 2005, 04:43 PM
Yup...car is still straight! I qualified 3rd in class...5th on the grid. The start was S-L-O-W! We took the green at about 30 mph. Needless to say...my '84 RX-7 is not a torque monster! I got smoked by all the Hondas when the green flew and I was frustrated to say the least! This was a prime example of driving frustrated instead of intelligently. You can see that I lose the rear at the exact time that I hit the concrete patch.

By the way Gregg...Jake Gulick told me to contact you about an Isaac setup. I am definitely going to get one H+N system in one form or another before next season!

Jake? Oh, I don't know about that guy... ;)

Your spin reminds me of my first spin, which was at an SCCA school. It was one of those infield road courses, perfectly flat with a grass runoff that seemed to go on forever. I was in an open-cockpit car and distinctly remember blue sky, clouds and grass clippings all spinning around.

lateapex911
10-25-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by gsbaker@Oct 25 2005, 05:00 PM

funny guy........

sucks Ben! I wish they would pave all the gravel traps, although it would put a big dent in shop vac sales!

At least you don't have blue armco paint on the car! Good idea on the H&NR ...gregg has some great products at all price points.

Gregg, be nice to ben,as Ben's a guy who knows some cops in your neck of the woods...........

Wreckerboy
10-26-2005, 07:38 AM
Geez Ben, you did that in the dry? I was really expecting to see video from Saturday in somewhat more "challenging" conditions! :lol:

garyk
10-26-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by gsbaker@Oct 25 2005, 04:00 PM

Your spin reminds me of my first spin, which was at an SCCA school. It was one of those infield road courses, perfectly flat with a grass runoff that seemed to go on forever. I was in an open-cockpit car and distinctly remember blue sky, clouds and grass clippings all spinning around.

dont need the vid...i passed you while you were in there....and btw, i have a brand new isaac junior for sale..my codriver did not like it so i went with g force for me...good to meet you...did you hear about the enduro debacle ben?...we qualified 3rd overall and maybe won our class...still waiting to hear

crewchic
10-26-2005, 12:50 PM
Hey Ben - its Jo from Smartys Auto! Great video - in our neck of the woods, we have nothing but dialup ISP service available so I'll have to have Robert come down to my office in Catskill to view it (where I have cable modem svc.). I told him about the video and he said .... :119: :P - and is very glad u didnt hurt the car!
He's off to Nelson Ledges in Ohio this weekend for the final enduro in the NESCCA enduro series and looks good for winning the 2005 championship :smilie_pokal:
Take care - call if you need anything!

Ben 84 RX-7
10-26-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by garyk@Oct 26 2005, 03:09 PM
dont need the vid...i passed you while you were in there....and btw, i have a brand new isaac junior for sale..my codriver did not like it so i went with g force for me...good to meet you...did you hear about the enduro debacle ben?...we qualified 3rd overall and maybe won our class...still waiting to hear

Gary - good to meet you too! Iheard there was some sort of mix-up at the enduro. About the Isaac...what is a jr? Shoot me a PM with a price and if you have pics you can send them to [email protected]

Thanks!

Ben 84 RX-7
10-26-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Wreckerboy@Oct 26 2005, 11:38 AM
Geez Ben, you did that in the dry? I was really expecting to see video from Saturday in somewhat more "challenging" conditions! :lol:

Rob...without rain tires (just my completely shaved down Toyo's!) saturday would have been a complete travesty!!! I have to get some rain tires! Sitting out SUCKED!!!!!

Ben 84 RX-7
10-26-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by crewchic@Oct 26 2005, 04:50 PM
Hey Ben - its Jo from Smartys Auto! Great video - in our neck of the woods, we have nothing but dialup ISP service available so I'll have to have Robert come down to my office in Catskill to view it (where I have cable modem svc.). I told him about the video and he said .... :119: :P - and is very glad u didnt hurt the car!
He's off to Nelson Ledges in Ohio this weekend for the final enduro in the NESCCA enduro series and looks good for winning the 2005 championship :smilie_pokal:
Take care - call if you need anything!

Hey Jo! Small world! Tell Bob I hope he clinches it!

Talk to you soon I'm sure!