PDA

View Full Version : Miata Suspension

MMiskoe
10-25-2005, 12:48 PM
Has anyone spent any time investigating what suspension set ups (hardware, not alignment) might be better than the SM package for an IT car? If so would you be willing to share your findings? We've been running the original SM package in the IT car for a while and are looking to do some updates and would prefer to do what is best for IT now knowing that the car will never go back to SM.

Thanks
Matt

ITAMiata
10-25-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by MMiskoe@Oct 25 2005, 04:48 PM
Has anyone spent any time investigating what suspension set ups (hardware, not alignment) might be better than the SM package for an IT car? If so would you be willing to share your findings? We've been running the original SM package in the IT car for a while and are looking to do some updates and would prefer to do what is best for IT now knowing that the car will never go back to SM.

Thanks
Matt

Ground control shocks and the Durathane (sp?) bushings were the two biggest improvements I made. The springs are the same, as are the sway bars. The exhaust is basically a straight pipe. Bret smoked everyone this year so I would ask him for his input.

BTW, as much as I like the GC shocks, I've been waiting since July for new ones and still don't have them. :angry:

Bill