PDA

View Full Version : CenDiv ARRC go'ers...

R2 Racing
10-25-2005, 11:22 AM
I was talking with Joe Moser and we discussed the idea of trying to get together a "CenDiv Drivers" area in the paddock. Right now I know of Joe Moser, Bob Moser, Colin Botha, Travis Schwenke, Chris Wikle, Edwin Ho, and myself (with two cars) as going. So if you guys are interested in all paddocking near eachother, I could try and hook it up. I'd just need to know who's coming, when they'll be there, and what kind of a rig they'll have. If there's anyone else you guys know of who are going, maybe try and let them know.

Does anyone have any contact info for Colin since I'm pretty sure he doesn't frequent this board?

Travis - are you and Chris planning on paddocking with the BSI guys again?

I'm really excited about the ARRC this year and hopefully some CenDiv drivers will work their ways onto the box this year. :023:

planet6racing
10-25-2005, 01:54 PM
I'll be there, but without car. I'm the IT.com Motorhome driver, though!

If you need a central point to meet/drink/eat/drink/drink, just find the motorhome! I'm going to try to work on getting a banner or something so that it can be found...

gsbaker
10-25-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by planet6racing@Oct 25 2005, 01:54 PM
I'll be there, but without car. I'm the IT.com Motorhome driver, though!...

What class is that, ITM? What kind of lap times do you expect to get with that thing? :D

Greg Amy
10-25-2005, 03:57 PM
I figure a walking lap per six-pack is about right. Meet after that last Thursday test session at pit-out...?

R2 Racing
10-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Bill - I knew you were the official IT.com motorhome jockey so I didn't include you. You were in the post in spirit though.

Mmmm, I love 6-pack track walks. :023:

Kevin, who enjoys long walks on race tracks with beer - screw beaches!

gsbaker
10-25-2005, 05:12 PM
That's a long course. You may have to bring beer on the walk.

Greg,

The IT.com Intergallactic Command Center will not be on site until mid-day Friday. You are on your own 'til then.

roberthuff24
11-06-2005, 01:45 AM
Myself(Rob Huffmaster) will be going driving the ITS RX-7 and my dad Ray huffmaster will be going also driving the RX-8 in spu or spo. should be a fun time i have never actually drove the track but i hear it is fast and thats what i like, should be a struggle to keep up with those BMW's.

Rob

Eagle7
11-06-2005, 01:59 AM
Go get 'em Rob. I'll be cheering you on from snow country.

When the car is right, Rob in that 7 is the fastest S that CenDiv has to offer.

tschwenke
11-06-2005, 12:52 PM
We should be close to the hoosier trailer like last year. We will only have one car (mine still needs fixin').

So, we will run the practice day/Chris the sprint race/then share the enduro. Since we don't have any of that fancy trailer (over-rated - that is what I tell myself) stuff, Sandy can always get us that spot up top along the back.

Now, if she but you guys up there in the middle, I would have no problem with that.

R2 Racing
11-06-2005, 02:25 PM
Yea, I figured you guys would be paddocked there again. I'm going to hopefully get our rig parked up top this year. I liked being down on the skid pad last year but since we're running the enduro this year, I'd hate to have to lug any tools, wheels, air compressor or whatever up that hill and then back down into the pits.

We're leaving in three days (almost to the minute) and although we've got a lot done, there's still more to do.

roberthuff24
11-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Thanks marty, i will need all the cheering i can get if i want to contend with those front running BMW's at road atlanta. i hope i pick up the track quickly so i can at least run with them. Sylvain Trembly ran up front with times like 40's and 41's in a RX-7 like mine so if i can hit that area i would be really satisfied. whether i can do that or not is yet to be determined.

Rob

R2 Racing
11-07-2005, 10:41 AM
Rob - I'm sorry but I can't picture your car. Being a CenDiv driver, I should know it. Do you have a pic of it?

bldn10
11-07-2005, 12:07 PM
"Sylvain Trembly ran up front with times like 40's and 41's in a RX-7 like mine so if i can hit that area i would be really satisfied. whether i can do that or not is yet to be determined."

Satisfied? Rob, if you can get anywhere close to Syl's times, he being one of the best ARRC drivers ever and not too shabby in Grand-Am, and having his car always perfectly prepped by he and David Haskell and the SpeedSource crew w/ Pi data, your first time at Road Atlanta, you should be thrilled because you will be in rarefied company.

I have an older SpeedSource car - which one is yours?

roberthuff24
11-07-2005, 12:21 PM
i have a, or i should say my dads car is a 90 rx-7, its red with a black strip along the bottom, usually number 36 but i think i am going to be 24 while at the arrc.

R2 Racing
11-07-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by roberthuff24@Nov 7 2005, 11:21 AM
i have a, or i should say my dads car is a 90 rx-7, its red with a black strip along the bottom, usually number 36 but i think i am going to be 24 while at the arrc.

Ahhh, ok, now I know the car. Good luck in your race! Last year was my first time at Road Atlanta and I'm really glad that I did the test day beforehand. It wasn't the most difficult track in the world to pick up but it certainly wasn't the easiest. You'll definately notice though that the SEDiv guys certainly have an advantage since they know the track so well. Needless to say, I'm glad to be going back this year with an ARRC under my belt already.

Greg Gauper
11-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Have a great time guys! Good luck Kevin.

R2 Racing
11-09-2005, 12:37 AM
Thanks, Greg! I'm all loaded up and ready to go. Unfortunately I have half a day of work ahead of me in the morning and then we should be rolling out around 12-1pm tomorrow.

bldn10
11-14-2005, 01:42 PM
"Sylvain Trembly ran up front with times like 40's and 41's in a RX-7 like mine so if i can hit that area i would be really satisfied. whether i can do that or not is yet to be determined."

It has now been determined. In case you haven't heard, Rob did a 1:39.1, which is the 2nd fastest ITS lap ever, only a tick behind Chet Whittle in the #1 ITS car in the country in the same session. Amazing performance, Rob. :happy204:

R2 Racing
11-15-2005, 01:34 PM
I personally was very impressed by the CenDiv cars at the ARRC this year.

Rob finished a very impressive and close 2nd in ITS.

Chris Wilke did the same by finishing 2nd in ITB.

Scott Fruth finished 3rd and Edwin Ho finished 4th in ITC.

Joey Moser finished 2nd (and set fastest lap), I finished 3rd, and Bob Moser finished 5th in ITA. Not to mention Colin Botha put his car on the pole and was easily top 5 before dropping out after 18 of 20 laps.

All around, CenDiv represented very well this year.

tschwenke
11-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Chris and I finished 2nd in the Enduro as well and I think that Ed won ITC in the enduro. A great finish to the end of the year.

I saw you pull in during the Enduro, but the car went back out, what happened?

R2 Racing
11-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Yea, I saw that you guys got 2nd, nice work! Edwin did indeed win the ITC enduro with a quick, consistent, and major problem free pace. I need to correct myself though, he got 6th in the sprint race, not 4th.

Our enduro experience wasn't much fun. I ran the first 30 minutes and was running 2nd right behind the leader. I was feeling really good because I was running a quick pace that I was comfortable with and felt like I could go faster if need be. Then the car lost power and I barely got it back into pit lane before it died completely. It blew the headgasket between the #2 and #3 cylinders. We had a spare head and headgasket sitting there in our pit and 2.5 hours left in the race. So screw it, we replaced the damn thing. About an hour later it was running again with my Dad in the car. He got it all the way to pit out before it died again - cranked and cranked but did nothing. We pushed it back to our stall and went back to work. Of course we checked everything we did to it and came to the conlusion that it was an electrical problem. However, we never even removed the distrubutor or the coil from the engine bay or even disconnected a wire from them so we were pretty stumped. We started by throwing on a new distributor, cap, and rotor - nothing. We finally decided to throw the spare coil at the car and sure as hell, it fired right up. So after 2 hours of working on the car in pit lane, I sent my Dad out for the last 30 minutes with the instructions of "Go have some fun!". He went, he did, and the car saw the checkered flag.

Edwin Ho
11-16-2005, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by R2 Racing@Nov 15 2005, 10:51 PM
Yea, I saw that you guys got 2nd, nice work! Edwin did indeed win the ITC enduro with a quick, consistent, and major problem free pace. I need to correct myself though, he got 6th in the sprint race, not 4th.

Yes, I think I made it up to 5th, but Jinx got by me on the second last lap and stayed there. Clearly, I need to build a motor to run up front. Fruth's performance was amazing considering he was hitting the rev limiter at the top of the hill and had to coast down the hill into 10a!

I have mixed emotions about my Enduro win. The first few laps were pretty racey, so I just settled back and paced myself off the other ITC cars. Unfortunately, I was involved in an incident in turn 12 that took out Renee Hines in the #22 ITC car. A SM checked up and then didn't leave us enough room. I put two wheels and nearly four wheels in the grass trying to avoid contact. It sounds like the car is totalled. Even though I had a four lap lead at the time, that may not have been enough with the pace that the #22 car was capable of. I wish we could have battled to the end.

Congrats to the rest of you CenDiv'rs. Considering that we don't have the advantage of running Atlanta all year, I think we did pretty good. :023:

Ed.

moto62
11-17-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by R2 Racing@Nov 15 2005, 01:34 PM
All around, CenDiv represented very well this year.

Hey Kevin! You guys rocked. Congrats on all your efforts. Nice seeing you again. Maybe next year we'll get out to Mid O or someplace over yonder and we can have a tangle. :lol:

roberthuff24
11-17-2005, 03:34 AM
hello all, i think the cendiv was represented very well at the arrc(especially waterford hills racers) it was a great experience for myslf to run the arrc. the ITS race was intense between me and Chet but i just couldnt pull it off. i look back at it now and realize that i may have been not agressive enough but i am really satisfied with a second place behind the track veteran Chet. the enduro was a ton of fun, that was the first time i got to run a car all out for two hours straight(i really didnt leave much for my dad when he got in the car, the toe was messed up and the engine was so hot that it was affecting the power in fifth gear) all in all it was a great experience to run the arrc and the enduro and i can't wait until next year for the 2006 ARRC.

Rob

R2 Racing
11-17-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by moto62@Nov 16 2005, 11:20 PM
Hey Kevin! You guys rocked. Congrats on all your efforts. Nice seeing you again. Maybe next year we'll get out to Mid O or someplace over yonder and we can have a tangle. :lol:

Ray - it was great to see you guys again too. I know we talked a year ago about the possibility of you guys heading out to Mid Ohio or me coming out to Lime Rock. I didn't work out this year but maybe next year we could arrange something. If I remember correctly, none of you have even been to Mid Ohio yet alone on the track. I think you should change that. :023:

Maybe we can hook up at Watkins Glen or something too.

Rob - congrats to you and your Dad for a great showing this year!

C. Ludwig
11-17-2005, 04:16 PM
Good job to all you guys! I'm proud to see our area making such a good showing.

dj10
11-19-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by C. Ludwig@Nov 17 2005, 03:16 PM
Good job to all you guys! I'm proud to see our area making such a good showing.

Good job by the Northern Boys. Chris what happened, Rob was showing me a dent on his rx7 from you? ;) Knowing both of you I'm sure it wasn't intentional. Chris you have to make it to ARRC next year, really good bunch of people. But not much luck on track. I'll get that turned around next year.
Rob, tell Ray I said hi and everyone have a great Thanksgiving.
Dan

C. Ludwig
11-22-2005, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by dj10@Nov 19 2005, 03:29 PM
Good job by the Northern Boys. Chris what happened, Rob was showing me a dent on his rx7 from you? ;) Knowing both of you I'm sure it wasn't intentional. Chris you have to make it to ARRC next year, really good bunch of people. But not much luck on track. I'll get that turned around next year.
Rob, tell Ray I said hi and everyone have a great Thanksgiving.
Dan

I would of liked to have gone but...pick and excuse. The car was used up, the budget was used up, I was out of vacation time, I've had worked stacked up waiting on me all summer long. Maybe next year. :D

And yeah, I tagged Rob pretty good up at Grattan. I got the worst of it though which I deserved.

dj10
11-22-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by C. Ludwig@Nov 22 2005, 03:03 AM
I would of liked to have gone but...pick and excuse. The car was used up, the budget was used up, I was out of vacation time, I've had worked stacked up waiting on me all summer long. Maybe next year. :D

And yeah, I tagged Rob pretty good up at Grattan. I got the worst of it though which I deserved.

Chris,
I've should have stayed home in bed! :) Transmission broke in Pro it qualifying and couldn't make the race. Replaced the transmission and I blew a shift and blew the engine in the ITS race on lap 7! :bash_1_: Good news, the transmission worked well.
Dan

Eagle7
11-23-2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by C. Ludwig@Nov 22 2005, 04:03 AM

This the one you mean?

C. Ludwig
11-23-2005, 07:09 AM
:smilie_pokal:

dj10
11-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Eagle7@Nov 22 2005, 11:38 PM
This the one you mean?

Chris, were you showing off again and racing backwards!!??
:D

Eagle7
11-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by dj10@Nov 23 2005, 07:25 PM
Chris, were you showing off again and racing backwards!!??
:D

And he still beat me. :bash_1_:

dj10
11-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Eagle7@Nov 24 2005, 11:22 AM
And he still beat me. :bash_1_:

Marty,
Set your car up like:
Rob Huffmaster, Chris Ludwig or Nice Leverone's RX7's and you will have a very good car. Then drive like these guys. BTW I owe Chris a couple myself :)

Eagle7
11-24-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by dj10@Nov 24 2005, 02:17 PM
Marty,
Set your car up like:
Rob Huffmaster, Chris Ludwig or Nice Leverone's RX7's and you will have a very good car. Then drive like these guys. BTW I owe Chris a couple myself :)

Yeah, I've been looking over their cars and asking questions. They give me good advice, but I must be a slow learner. One problem is they're a moving target. Last year I was 4 seconds off the track record at Grattan. I picked up 3 seconds this year, and now I'm almost 4 seconds off Rob's new record.

R2 Racing
11-25-2005, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Eagle7@Nov 24 2005, 08:00 PM
Last year I was 4 seconds off the track record at Grattan. I picked up 3 seconds this year, and now I'm almost 4 seconds off Rob's new record.

Don't you just hate that? :P

I think if I ran all of my best '05 lap times in '04, I would've came away with 4 track records. I still got two though. :023: Joey Moser's new records at Mid Ohio and Road Atlanta are still solidly kicking my butt once again.

dj10
11-25-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Eagle7@Nov 24 2005, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I've been looking over their cars and asking questions. They give me good advice, but I must be a slow learner. One problem is they're a moving target. Last year I was 4 seconds off the track record at Grattan. I picked up 3 seconds this year, and now I'm almost 4 seconds off Rob's new record.

It looks like, to me, that at least you are learning and getting better. Continue to learn everythime you go out, be patient, stay smooth and speed will come.

Eagle7
11-25-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by dj10@Nov 25 2005, 10:40 AM
It looks like, to me, that at least you are learning and getting better. Continue to learn everythime you go out, be patient, stay smooth and speed will come.

Thank you. And in this season of remembering to give thanks to the Lord, I want you all to know that I'm very thankful for this racing community. Most everyone I rub elbows with will go out of their way to help me try to beat them. Amazing stuff. You are appreciated.