PDA

View Full Version : carolina motorsports park....????

flaboy
10-24-2005, 07:41 PM
well, after a 12 year absence from racing ITC i went out and bought an old rabitt to race again.I am planning on going to the double school in jan.2006 at CMP. I have never been there and don't know anything about it.i would like to know about close hotel rooms the track and the people up their.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

[B]IS IT TIME TO RACE YET???

thank you

Tim

SPiFF
10-24-2005, 08:45 PM
There is one decent hotel in Kershaw, The Executive Inn. Book your room early and stay there. There are tons of hotels in Camden, the next cloeset town, but it is 30min from the track.

Must places to eat while at CMP:
* Guss' House of Pizza in Kershew. Great Gyoros!
* The Pearl in Camden. True southern food served in an old southrn house. Take a shower and change into something not covered in motor oil and brake dust before you go though. Well worth it.

JeffYoung
10-24-2005, 09:41 PM
Ditto what Zolt said. Camden is muchnicer and we have found the nighlife to be uh interesting. Check out the Foxes Den after hours liquor speakeay, I kid you not (it' snot a strip jiont). Weird place camden, you should explore it.

Mark H
10-25-2005, 10:26 AM
Camden... night life... are you kidding??
You better eat before 8:30 pm or you will go hungry, even the McD's closes at something like 9:30 (not that McD's is food).

There is just nothing to do peroid. But hey at drivers school you should be in bed by 9 pm anyhow?? :birra:

JeffYoung
10-25-2005, 12:14 PM
Mark, trust me, there is nighlife in Camden. Ron, Robert, Mark, jump in and back me up here. You just have to dig down pretty deep to find it.

There are a few bars to "start" with. The Best Western has a nightclub that is open sometimes, and sometimes not. There is the Brew & Cue downtown. There are a couple of other places we haven't gone to yet. And there is always the Town Skank.......

Camden then has at least one (we've been twice) and possibly 2-3 more "after hours" liquor clubs that stay open until 2 or 3 a.m., even on Saturday night when I thought, anyway, that it is illegal to serve liquor. The Foxes Den is one. You gotta see this place. It's full of all types. Local big shots. The young waitress crowd, the horse crowd (there is actually a lot of money in Camden).

Also, the Mexican joint and the Lugoff Pizza Palace are both open until 10 for dinner on the weekends. They are on Lugoff highway west of town towards..Lugoff/Columbia.

Last, there is a pretty damn good new restaurant downtown -- with women! -- in an old bank building across from the Brew & Cue. Definitely 3 stars, I kid you not, and open fairly late.

Limey
10-25-2005, 02:33 PM
Last, there is a pretty damn good new restaurant downtown -- with women! -- in an old bank building across from the Brew & Cue. Definitely 3 stars, I kid you not, and open fairly late.

[/quote]

Three stars?!?! I only saw two....but they did look like strippers......

JeffYoung
10-25-2005, 02:36 PM
Marko is right. Two women at the table next to us, but I saw FOUR stars. Silicone Giants I think. And a thong. It was wild.

Camden is a farked up little town.

Ron Earp
10-25-2005, 02:43 PM
Camden has nightlife gentlemen, that much is certain. First, get thee in a taxi at the Brew and Cue downtown around about 11pm and get the taxi driver to take you to the Foxes Den. Ask for it, it is private and I couldn't tell you where it is - the mysterious taxi driver always takes us.

It is an after hours club that can serve on Sunday AM despite Blue Laws. Good bands every time we've been, lots of people, friendly people, and some nice ladies around too! First time I've ever heard the "Son, I've got underwear older than you are" from a nice looking older lady (I'm 29).

Anyhow, well worth the effort. Went out to the Den after I caught on fire at CMP and we had a wild time. I highly recommend it and I'd say it's affects are what accounts for part of our group not driving so well at CMP. There are other places too that are pretty good, but the nightime fauna at CMP is not too shabby!

As far as in bed by 9, heck, I don't think we've been in bed in Camden before 2am and have always been out until then. You got to get out down that way!

R

Catch22
10-25-2005, 03:48 PM
Camden is odd because its two things...
1. A horse town in the middle of nowhere.
2. A bedroom community for Columbia. Yes, alot of professional folks that work in Columbia live in the Camden area. Something about being able to buy 2 acres for $100 and a snickers bar... :P

That said, we always keep things simple and just stay at the Executive. Its less than 10 minutes from the track and there is gas and breakfast between it and the track. There are also some really nice folks in Kershaw (some scarey ones too, but thats another story).
So we typically shower up, head out to Gus' for friends and food, then go back to the hotel and crack open some barley pops. After all, I'm not really in the Kershaw area looking for female companionship. I already have one of those, and she's usually right there with me ;).