PDA

View Full Version : Will these fit??

CaptJon
10-20-2005, 10:18 PM
I'm sure that if i look through my repair books I could find the answer. However since they are at my brothers I'll take a shot at asking here. Just a simple little two part question. I recently aquired a set of 215/60R/13 Kuhmo 700's.

First- will there even fit under the fenders of my ITC Rabbit? I suppose I COULDE mount one and find out for sure.

Second - Would it even be worth my while to put them on the car?? From what I've read in other post here they wouldn't even be worth while to mount. Presently I have a set of Toyo RA1's that I'm pretty pleased with.

Any thoughts??

Jon Schneider
ITC Rabbit #37

Bill Miller
10-21-2005, 06:18 AM
Depends on the offset of the wheels that you're using, if you've got the fenders rolled, etc.

Are the tires new, used, what? If they're used, any idea on the number of heat cycles? How much rubber is left?

John McFarland
10-21-2005, 07:59 AM
He got them from me.

I got them from someone else. Not real sure on the age/heat cycles but they have good rubber left.

Plus they were free. Can always use them for practice tires. Goop 'em up and have at it!

JLawton
10-23-2005, 06:17 AM
I'm not sure how different they are, but I have a GTi that I run 225-50/14 on. Needed a few spacers, needed to do a "little" rolling of the fender, plus a few races to shave down the tires on the fenders ;) Hey, if they're free, MAKE em fit!!

reeceracing
10-23-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by JLawton@Oct 23 2005, 10:17 AM
I'm not sure how different they are, but I have a GTi that I run 225-50/14 on. Needed a few spacers, needed to do a "little" rolling of the fender, plus a few races to shave down the tires on the fenders ;) Hey, if they're free, MAKE em fit!!

Hi, Jeff
you need to check your left side front, i saw it rubbing when i was coming
up on you on the up hill. :023:

JLawton
10-23-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by reeceracing@Oct 23 2005, 12:19 PM
Hi, Jeff
you need to check your left side front, i saw it rubbing when i was coming
up on you on the up hill. :023:

:happy204: Wahoo!! Now I have an excuse why I did so crappy!! :D

I put some softer springs in this weekend and got all sorts of rubbing..... I think I'll go back to the heavier ones......