PDA

View Full Version : Awning help

markn
10-19-2005, 12:34 AM
A while back (several months) there was a thread on awning systems that attached to trailers and used electrical conduit. One company was mentioned in particular and I can't recall the name. Any pointers to said company or other recommendations for awning solutions would be appreciated. I am looking for a low cost awning solution to attach to my 24' enclosed trailer.

Thanks,

Mark
[email protected]

racer#10
10-19-2005, 11:54 AM
Holliday Canopies, www.canpoieguy.com :023: Wes and Jill are both racers and are know what kind of stess goes through a racer on a weekend. He is the best and he supports many SCCA functions.

racer#10
10-19-2005, 11:55 AM
My bad www.canopieguy.com

:119:
Maurice LaFond

tom_sprecher
10-19-2005, 01:13 PM
We use a 16x20 canopy from these guys. You get a lot of shade for the $.

Canopies (http://www.tarps.com/econoretail.htm)

I do not know about attaching them but it couldn't be too difficult.

markn
10-20-2005, 11:57 PM
Thanks guys. I'll check those places out.

Mark

Despr8dave
10-21-2005, 06:53 AM
Attached to the trailor, look for Care Free of Colorado and A and E Awnings at any RV store or the net. More expensive than the free standing but very convenient.
David

PDoane
10-24-2005, 10:38 AM
Holiday Canopies and Wes were very helpful about modifying one of their standard Silver canopies to work with my dimensions and my idea for attaching a conduit based A frame system to my 24' trailer using the rope rail that was already attached to it. 2 people are required to feed the canopy into the rope rail, but the rest of the assembly process can be done by 1.

Previously I had used one of their cabana style canopies and attached it to my old 20' trailer using standard conduit hangers. Even with smaller bungees for that edge, this left a small gap that dribbled rain. I could assemble this canopy by myself.

Both systems required standing on the ballast buckets (or a ladder) to make connections at the top edge of the trailer.