PDA

View Full Version : It's too damn quiet here

Mike Cox
10-16-2005, 09:11 PM
I know, I know, I've been gone for a long time but I'm back.

It's time to start some of the fun again like if a certain IT7 driver can win a championship. Come on Paul, :smilie_pokal: I'm pulling for you. I'll even wave to you when I go by.

And will that (not so) famous 66 ITS driver show up or wimp out on us?

What about the rest of you guys like Richey and Rob and the rest. Are you guys gonna show up?

Ricky, call me soon 863-698-1588

Mike

Hotshoe
10-17-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Mike Cox@Oct 17 2005, 01:11 AM
I know, I know, I've been gone for a long time but I'm back.
Mike

Mike,

I thought you were away on a World Tour in the WWWR :unsure: (World Wide Wheelchair Racing )

LOL ........

its66
10-17-2005, 01:53 PM
Hotshoe,
Mike was kicked out of the WWWR in the middle fo the season for repeated and habitual infractions. It seems that his tires were filled with helium, and the frame of his chair was made of titanium. AS if that wasn't enough, the scrutineers at the last race discovered that his oxygen bottle was really a cleverly disguised nitrous bottle. Since he was already on a 10 race probation for falsifying his medical exam and calling the Chief Steward a "Punk A$$ Kid", they WWWR race board had no recourse but pull his license. So, we are stuck with him.......again...

The (not so) famous 66 car is undergoing extensive renovations AND cosmetic surgery as a result of it's last trip to Sebring. While her condition has greatly improved, she is not yet at 100%. As a result of this, Dr Bodyshop will not sign off on her and release her for the October Racer. The team of skilled professionals are estimating a November release date. Her driver will probably make an appearance at Sebring though (gotta say thanks to Bob Sager----and the many others who also help make these weekends happen) :023:

Mike Cox
10-17-2005, 10:14 PM
[quote]
Hotshoe,
Mike was kicked out of the WWWR in the middle fo the season for repeated and habitual infractions. It seems that his tires were filled with helium, and the frame of his chair was made of titanium. AS if that wasn't enough, the scrutineers at the last race discovered that his oxygen bottle was really a cleverly disguised nitrous bottle. Since he was already on a 10 race probation for falsifying his medical exam and calling the Chief Steward a "Punk A$$ Kid", they WWWR race board had no recourse but pull his license. So, we are stuck with him.......again...

Yes I confess.I did call him a "punk A$$kid". Hey he was one year younger than me so whatcha want me to do?

Now since one of the tech people is a personal friend and sometime roommate, I would hate to have to ask him to pay special attention to the work Dr. Bodyshop did. I'm sure a steak dinner would be all it takes for him to look that # 66 ITS over real good and find a flaw in the paint that would preclude it from going on the track. But would I do something like that to a friend. DAMN RIGHT I WOULD!!!!

Hey age is not just a number, it's a state of mind and if I really wanted to do it right I could become a SOT and really fix your "Punk A$$" Jim.

As for being there this weekend, I would encourage all members of SCCA in the area to attend the service Sunday. We honor all the workers with a wave after we race but when we lose a close friend and such a good man as Bob, we all need to pull together and honor his memory and his devotion to the sport we all love. Bob watched over all of us for many years and it's our turn to celebrate his life and honor Berta and his kids. I for one will miss him and the way only he and I acknowledged each other after a session that no-one else ever knew about. Seems everytime I went by, we pointed at each other in way that told each other thanks for being there and the respect we had for each other. I will shed a tear as I know we all will but I will smile knowing he is watching over all of us from his flag station up there.

God bless you Bob and God bless and look over Berta and their kids and his extended family in SCCA.

I'm sure Bob is the Chief of Flagging up there in heaven and someday he and I will point at each other again in that special way we always did.

Mike